SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Experience baiters blunders?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
buried under 419 emails
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since most of us have forgotten, or try to forget our first few baiting jitters. I thought we should have a thread for experienced baiters blunders. To demonstrate that even big mistakes aren�t the end of the world.

Well maybe if you bought your mugu and all his friends plane tickets to visit. But that would just be the end of your internet access.

Mine? I have made a lot of them.

Like thinking I am in the zone. When in fact I am completely screwing up and sending the wrong responses to the wrong mugus. Getting them all mixed up.

The thing is I have rarely lost a mugu over this, if they actually are reading my responses. I tell them I was drunk, the kid was at the computer again.

"Any money you send to Africa to receive your payment is at your own risk " David Mark

over 1,000 fakes deaded since Oct 2005. This is my current rampage! Mortar x6 Easter Egg 2011 Purple Flower
halloween
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^Nice suggestions.. Maybe I should see this happening cuz sometimes we DO make mistakes..

cheers,
halloween

Nigeria
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Where do I begin?

I regularly sign off with the wrong baiter name. Never seems to matter much though.

I recently sent an already completed 7 page questionnaire from one lad to another lad to complete. Doh! Realised afterwards.Then sent him the blank one explaining that the first one was merely an example to assist him. He completed the questionnaire, and the answers, not surprisingly, bore a striking resemblance to the first one. Double doh!

Probably loads more, which is probably why they dropped me. Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Last edited by Tommo Shanter on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have definitely made my share of mistakes. On our Egypt safari, we signed off with the wrong name, which was pretty scary considering the depth of that safari. I have given inconsistent ages, locations, etc. Not once have I ever lost anything from it.

I used Christopher Walken�s name on a bait one time. After the mugu had been on 3 safaris he decided to google my name. He then proceeded to tell me that he would �not be a character in one of my movies�.

A current mugu I have now found an MP3 of himself on the main page singing Amazing Grace. Hehe. That is why I changed my name from Jojobean to Chris Walken. The guy is still hanging on. Laughing

The thing to note is that they really don�t pay THAT close of attention.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi buried-under,

Over the past 3 yrs I have several times sent a letter to the mugus and 10 seconds later realized I royally screwed up in one way or another, and hopeful I didn't twig the lad. But still had a sound sleep later on.

And there are a multitude of excuses you can tell them as to why you messed up. Tell them your raccoon got hepatitis and you weren't thinking clearly. They'll eat up any bulls**t if you keep on typing.

But even-so, in the same exact amount of time they too have screwed up quadruply..They always blame their 'secertery' or some 'asistant' or brother, whatever whenever I do decide to challenge them. Just as often I do as many others do---keep their error as future ammo if/when I need it. ...You can let pertinent questions fly by just as much as they do with you of course. "Ignore" is more than a verb to them, it's a way of life.

Never sweat it, in any event--LOL! ---it's OUR job to give them ulcers, not the other way around. !!!

The Hat is always thinking and planning.

cheerz---jervis tetch

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Saint Arnold
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow.... starting with today, working backwards?

Actually - out of many - the one that stands out was when I was baiting the same scammer from two different accounts, and signed off from one account using the name from the other one. He noticed.... but that was a good exercise in competition excuse-slapping - turns out that my nephew who coincidentally happened to have the same name as the other character (Beef McHardabs, an EXTREMELY common name here in the US) had been using the computer, and modified my .sig, and I didn't notice, and WHAT THE HELL are you doing questioning my integrity?

It was fun.

I do notice that so far the incorrect signoff seems to be the most common mistake, so I don't feel quite so bad about it now.

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
Jigsaw_Psyche
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I make heaps of mistakes too. The thing I find that will cover almost any mistake is the copious promises (after I mess up) promising them a lot of money, or MORE money. They are so blinded by the Dollar signs in their eyes that they forget I screwed up in the first place Very Happy

-JP

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've signed with the wrong name before. My mugu didn't catch it (whew!).

Recently, I've started running check baits, and I got one operation mixed up with another. I was able to recover from that mistake, but since then I've started doing each bait from its own account. I've created six new Gmail accounts within the last week, and believe me, it's easier doing things this way.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shortly after I first started I had several different Lotto lads going.

I lost a promising bait by sending back, unfilled in, a lottery document from my Benin lad to my UK lad by mistake.

The UK lad, of course, twigged and dropped me.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My biggest and stupidest mistake was an alchohol induced phone slap, only after i was finished did i realise i was on my real house phone and the lad had my number Embarassed

pony pony Mortar x18
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one baiting account as a company address with multiple personalities, and I have often sent emails from the wrong personality when the mugu was talking to all of them and so should have noticed. It didn't end the bait.

The one time I bothered to print, fill and scan a WU form I spelled the sender's name wrong. I just spelled it that way from then on.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I make loads of mistakes. Mainly it's down to my lac of any administration skills.

A slap or two normally gets things back on line. Or I blame it on my naughty pet monkey using the computer.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've sent emails intended for someone else, or I got lost in a bait and forgot my story line.. Doesn't help when the lad remembers.. So that's when I cut down how many I deal with - 3-4 at a time (usually all puppy scammers) is where I stand right now.

The 419 standard was boring, and I notice that there are not too many folks out there that deal with puppy scammers, so I figured to take a shot at it.

I also lost a promising scambait when the website I built (hosted on a free server) went down for over a week. I was really angry that I lost it, because I had the lad in my hands and he was going to send an .mp3 of him singing.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Boy, you all suck. I never make mistaeks.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
GoldDalek
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I currently have a football bait going on.

I started off with a fairly lengthy introduction, but didn't hear anything for about a month so deleted my original email. About 3 weeks ago he contacted me out of the blue so I've had to make things up again.

He hasn't twigged yet. Cool

pony <---- because sometimes a rose just isn't enough- TS
Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts

Get a shiny name here - Internet Fraud Centre
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've occasionally signed off with either the wrong name or my real name (!) a couple of times. Fortunately, the lads have never realised. I also frequently forget to attach forms etc to the emails when I mean to send them, but that's easily solved by re-sending with the attachment, usually several times.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Splooshy
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked for sign pics too early in my baits a few years ago and killed all 4 of them.

I've mixed up emails and sent them to the wrong pet a few times.

On my current bait, my baiting persona lives in the UK. I remembered to spell things the Brit way, but still used US dollars. Embarassed That's my Monkeyboi bait that I posted here...the lad hasn't picked up on it though. If he does, I'll tell him he's lying and that I never said anything about American $$$. Wink
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back in the early days I agreed to take some pictures of a scammer for another baiter who had arranged a meeting near me. I knew to be careful but didn't realize (a) the scammer would arrive early, (b) he would not come alone, (c) they would all be watching for anything out of the ordinary. Or (d) that I had no idea about how to take a sneaky picture without being noticed.

I got there early, but the scammer arrived about the same time. I did get one or two blurry pictures of his back, but he was accompanied by two others who waited around by the exits, and who seemed to be looking right at me the whole time. Fortunately the meeting was in a museum full of people, and I looked like many other tourists while they were expecting a businessman. So I wandered away, probably unnoticed. But it was still quite a wake-up call about being around mugus in person.

At least I didn't bring kids along.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the most unintentionally funny baits I ever had was the result of mixing up my characters. Martin, the primary maga, was in the hospital, so his sister Margaret was brought in to conclude the transaction. As it happens, I was running 6 or 7 romance baits from Margaret's account at the same time. One day, I sent all of my romance mugus a horrible love poem I found on the 'net:

Quote:
You mean all the world to me.
Without you I can't be free.
You make me pant considerably.
You're my love guppy.

You have the finest rosebud's taste.
Without you my life is waste,
I'll stick to you like Elmer's paste.
You're my love guppy.

it goes on like that for a good length Wink

Margaret sent this one to the one non-romance mugu. Great confusion ensued, with the mugu sending frantic letters to Martin telling him his sister is insane and to tell her to leave him alone. Good times.

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was playing both a victim and a hacker who was chopping all the lad's payments and laughing at him on YIM. The lad came online and I started goading him FROM THE VIC'S ACCOUNT!! I realised what was happening and made out I could access the vic's account whenever I wanted to and that was how I was chopping his dollar. I also sent a vlad a picture of my dog and then a picture of "me and my dog" with a different dog. Luckily they looks similar enough Boris didn't notice.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have got teh art baits down. After receiving about 15-20 painting frmo mugus, and decorating my home I have moved to church/tattoo baits. The crappy thing is they won't let me tattoo them with my penis looking insignia..... I might have to change it up a bit. Either that or tell them that I will pay them if they join the church.. I dunno.. they all seem to want money up front, than when I tell them the church cannot give them any money they drop me.

Oh well.. Live and learn!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">Click here to support 419eater.com! Donate today!</a>
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had a nice lengthy bait going.
The Lad had done several trips to MG/WU in person.
When the Scrooge McDuck modality was introduced I sent the Lad the link to the security page with the example 100+ digit security number.

The Lad was going to see THIS....
BAITER NAME: Blank
STUPID LAD: Blank

I had a panic attack and quickly sent a brand new McDuck link with a customized page specific to the bait character and Lad.

My panic attack was unnecessary.

The Lad e-mailed that he had been trying to retrieve the control number for 2 hours without success. He hoped the new link informatin would make it easier.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
bighouse
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

how about a new gmail account for each bait personality

and, put a signature in that includes that personality's name so you don't have to sign it...

get in the habit of ending your email notes with nothing

and let the signature close the conversation
The Smily Cancer
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've never been much into baiting but when I began reading the forums I thought that lads, mugus, fraudsters and scammers are four different groups of people. I figured out though that they must have something in common.

Fake banks killed: 5* Netherlands 2* South Africa 8* Spain 28* United Kingdom 3* Ivory Coast Panama Bahamas, The 2* Switzerland Benin 2* Canada Flag Monaco Nigeria 2* United Nations Germany Cayman Islands Guernsey Israel 2* Ghana
other fakers: 39* China 6* pyramid
Hello Kitty!
Orinoco!
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

chris_walken wrote:
That is why I changed my name from Jojobean to Chris Walken.

I thought that sig looked familiar. Was beginning to wonder.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic