SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not wanting to use a phone.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the moment, according to my act:
  • I do not use a cell phone because of the health risks.
  • I do not have a home phone because the state phone company are out of numbers.
  • I do have an office phone, you can call that, they will confirm that somebody of that name works there, but there is no chance in hell you will get through.
I'm just wondering about how well, ethical, the last one is. Essentially I'm using a celebrity name and pretending to be them. I'm not tying that into my act that much and the scammer hasn't twigged that he's speaking to someone in one hell of a powerful position but still... I'm kind of worried that I shouldn't be using someone else's identity.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a celebtriy myself (I am the real Chris Walken) we are quite flattered when people immitate us. No harm, no foul. I dont see a thing wrong with it.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool, what I am slightly worried about is what might happen if the scammer, somehow, does manage to speak to that person. I think that at worst it would cause a lot of confusion and the ensuing hilarity would make it worthwhile, but I'm still a little bit worried that it will all go horribly wrong somehow (can you tell I'm new at this?)

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angel, I like it,

Throw this one in your notes:

The phone jack's were snatched from the wall because of international
calling... Very Happy Very Happy

for your own good now you want to fuck up with me <[email protected]>
Osama Bin Laddin's hard Rocket [mask:1]<drmkhoza@unionplus>[/mask:1]
please send my details on how to reach you thanks <[email protected]>
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR SELF BY SENDING ME FAKE INFORMATION OK <tony_emeka>
Phish 1x United States
Fake Banks Killed: United Kingdom x8 |Nigeria x1 |Spain x1
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as you don't provide any real contact information of a celebrity, then you should be clear. I'm sure [email protected] would like to hear from his mugu fans. Wink

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So you�ve provided a scammer with the actual phone number of the person you are impersonating?

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
Angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Fishe wrote:
So you�ve provided a scammer with the actual phone number of the person you are impersonating?
The phone number of their place of work yes. (I note that people on these forums don't like to give away the contents of a scam in progress, but I'll give more detail if you ask) The scammer has tried at least once and (no-surprise) was hung-up on. The scammer has told me that office phone's are secure enough anyway and I don't think he'll try that place of work again.

I did it so that they would have confirmation that someone of that name did work there, thus adding more credibility to my bait.

I'm also pretty sure that the scammer hasn't picked up on the fact that it is a celebrity they are talking to either.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Never involve innocent people in your baits. While your scammer might not actually talk to the person in question, what about the PA/secretary/whatever who is going to have to field calls from your lad? What if your lad gets impatient or annoyed and starts bombarding them with abusive calls?

In this case please drop your scammer and tell him that you are no longer interested in the deal.

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
Angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr Fishe wrote:
In this case please drop your scammer and tell him that you are no longer interested in the deal.
Based on your advice, I have done so.
Quote:
Dear X

This will be the last e-mail that I send to you (or anyone else for that matter), please do not attempt to contact me again.

I have decided to follow the Armish branch of Christianity and will therefore me forsaking all technology and material goods. I am therefore no-longer interested in this financial transaction, please cease any and all attempts at buisness with me.

Yours regretfully

Y
Thanks for not yelling at me. I guess I'll start afresh with someone else.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angel, I may have missed it, but I didn't see that you'd requested a mentor. Mentors are your friends, and can help you understand more about why Mr. Fishe wanted you to drop the bait. You can sign up on this thread, Cherrie will be happy to assign someone to help you out.

And welcome!

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21

Last edited by Saint Arnold on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for dropping him � it was a creative approach, if not thought through completely. If you are looking for ideas for dealing with scammer phone calls there are a lot of good suggestions on the site in the hints and tips section.

Angel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Krona, I hadn't spotted the mentor thing, sounds like a good idea and thanks for pointing it out. Having thought about it, I can certainly see why I shouldn't have started my bait that way.

Incidentally, did you like my first two excuses? For not using a home phone or cell phone?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Personally, I liked them. Those creative excuses for why you can't do something add zestiness to baiting. I think you are off to an excellent start - keep it up!

Our legal team are on standby for the next line of action in this very interesting case.already they are still studying the MTCN number that you sent,it will be used as evidence together with your full names and address,when this epic battle commences. - the one and only Charles Soludo

--------------------------
Cellphone x15 (RIP) United Kingdom x7 South Africa x1
Safari Lottery lad, Benin City - Abuja Safari A new minister, Lagos-Benin City Safari The same minister, Lagos - Tamale, Ghana
Safari Dr. Johnson - Abidjan-Abuja and back again (so far! - 1666 miles round trip)

pony <----because life can seem bleary and bleak without one. TS
pony Because Lotta is a great and beautiful mod!
Mortar x21
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ohh and Angel - if you ask, you will usually find a fellow baiter who will offer to take a phone call for you, if you need one for a specific reason, just ask in a thread. There are even some some baiters who do it on a semi-permanent basis - see the pimp my phone threads - and they'll usually be able to let you hear a recording.

Some just take a call and generally keep your bait alive - or use their imaginantion, others will follow your storyline. Where there's a baiter there's always a way. There's a lot to find out - that's why a mentor will help.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Jervis Tetch
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Angel---

Check out www.thisisarecording.com /test #s---for further phone # fun info that is helpful in The Lad War, if you are or pose as a USA baiter.

IMHO, your first no-phone excuse to The Lads falls a tad flat with me, with all due respect.. No doubt the world-wide news of 'cel-phone-cancer risks' has reached The Lads, who have no conventional land-lines to begin with. They are forever cel-phone-junkies [and hence a great name for a band!]. The infra-structure of the Lad-countries runs the gamut from Abominable to Zounds! ...Note that The Lads tell you they are hungry and 'surfering' but have ca$h to rent a computer by the hour, own and pay for a cel-phone, and tell you how bad it all is after 3-4 letters or less to you. It's either a hotel bill to be paid, food to be had, or a short bout with malaria and medical bills.

But my point--and I have one--is that The Lads are no different than any other cel-owner. Don't care the risk, not interested--let's talk NOW! And they have a much bigger agenda--stealing from you... I tend to ignore their requests for a phone # until it comes to crunch-time..But I'm ready for them when the day arrives.

Think like the enemy, just 3 steps ahead. PM me if you need pointers on the phone thing.

cheerz---jervis tetch---mad hatter

Last edited by Jervis Tetch on Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Splooshy
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Angel wrote:
Thanks for not yelling at me. I guess I'll start afresh with someone else.
You aren't the first baiter who's made a mistake with their baits...it's all good.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic