SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Brand new guy has some questions

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pmccrevis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey there.
My name is Phillip McCrevis - I hope this callsign is not taken. I'm brand new. I just found out what scambaiting was a few days ago and I'm interested in starting. I just have a couple of questions...

1) What is the best email provider to use - I've heard different things about different email providers, so I'd like to make sure I use the right ones that will a) protect me and b) not raise the suspicions of the scamers

2) Do scammers visit this site ever? Are they at all aware of this movement? If so, what precautions should I take while on this site, if any.

3) I am willing to transfer $5,000,000 into your account but first i need your credit card number and expiry date for some reason. Anyone want in? :p

Thanks and I hope god bless you and your famiry.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi and welcome to Eater.
Use gmail or fastmail as they hide your IP (private me if you need an invitation)
The lads do come here once in a while but the mods are usually onto them straight away.
Usual advice: read the stickies several times. Everything you need to get started is already there.

we build relationship and watch it going up am a woman i need you to be at peace first not so wild like animal. (Mrs. Elizabeth)
NOW WALK MAJESTICALLY LIKE A LION TO YOUR WU OFFICE (williams wilcox)
I love the idea of the Security verification code (Freeborn Moses after 1143 answers)
SWING INTO ACTION EMBLIND (in a subject line)
pmccrevis
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonderful! Thanks a lot Very Happy
I am already using Gmail for my alias, so I'm okay.
I will definitely be doing a lot of reading on this site for helpful little hints and tips.

What exactly is a mentor, if I may ask? Is it pretty much what it sounds like?

Last edited by pmccrevis on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What exactly is a mentor, if I may ask? Is it pretty much what it sounds like?

Pretty much. A seasoned baiter that you can ask questions to.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@pmccrevis

Mentor Thread: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16765
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Phillip welcome to Eater.
I can see the mugus holding up the signs with your baiter name right now, but just remember, its not about trophies. Its about making the world a better place.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Philip,

Thanks for coming by!

To add to the above, use one Gmail account as a "catcher" account, and create a separate Gmail account for each bait. As a bait is ended, you can re-use that Gmail account.

I was running mulitiple baits off the same account....mainly the checkbaiting types of scams. I very nearly caused a lad to twig when I refused to send him my contact details as that I had not heard of him before and didn't know if I had encountered a joker. I was able to bring that one back, but I had some explaining to do. I've since then used one account per active bait, which makes them easier to keep track of. When you're running six baits at once, it's best to keep them segregated.

Sometimes you new guys come up with some things we haven't thought of before, so don't be shy. Float your ideas, and brainstorm with us. You'll be making better baiters out of us.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is there a seperate place on 419 for idea floating?
I'm toying with the idea of using Microsoft SRK to dictate my e-mails rather than speak, but being Italian I wunda what ita coma out like-a?

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Phillip McCrevis Laughing

I have had good luck with Hushmail. I used Fastmail for a bit but the interface sucks IMHO. Hushmail hides your IP as well.

http://www.hushmail.com/

Bait safe and have fun.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome Phil.

I used to be a big fan of yahoo cos I liked the software being close to Outlook Express. Then I discovered Gmail manager which works with Firefox, which I have been using for years.

http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/gmanager/

It is superb, and makes managing multiple gmail accounts quick and easy. Lads can be wary of gmail accounts, but if one doesn't reply there are plenty more that will.

It will be better if you can give me your mother to have some nice sex with her - Mosola Mickelson
TO HELL WITH YOU MR. MACK TRUQUE WHAT A HOPELESS ANIMAL YOU ARE - Susan Yehuda
MONEY TALKS BULL-SHIRT WORKS - Mrs Angel Macathy (orphanage scambag)
halloween
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Phillip..

Welcome to Eater.. Enjoy and bait safe..

Cheers,
Halloween

Nigeria
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nick: www.fanmail.com and yahoo.co.uk will both forward. I haven't tried my fanmail one yet, but the yahoo one seems wonky, and slightly unwilling to use the "alternate address" feature.

Still, they're not gmail, and they should both forward stuff, and gmail should be able to "send as" those accounts.
Nick L Cadmium
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree IPF. I haven't had the time or inclination to try and set up the forwarding. All of the baits I'm using Yahoo for seem to be fizzling out, so I might just slowly change over.

It will be better if you can give me your mother to have some nice sex with her - Mosola Mickelson
TO HELL WITH YOU MR. MACK TRUQUE WHAT A HOPELESS ANIMAL YOU ARE - Susan Yehuda
MONEY TALKS BULL-SHIRT WORKS - Mrs Angel Macathy (orphanage scambag)
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forwarding is easy. Just set it up on the yahoo, then make a filter to sort it into a label on gmail.

I suppose you can just make entirely new accounts, but the addressguard thingey just looked easy. Though broken.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic