SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wrong Tack??

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In the hope of turning this scam into something I could have more control over I closed the door on the lad's scam and left the door open for this lad to take up a different scam...no reply for 3 days now. Is this the wrong tack to take or just a matter of hit and miss..or did I slam the door too hard without making more of the 'art scam' option ?

Dear Mr Oxu Bxxe Gxxxxe,

I have been forwarded the following letter from you:

Greetings!
It is indeed my pleasure to write you this letter, which I believe will be a surprise to you as we have never met before, and I am deeply sorry if I have in any manner disturbed your privacy. Please forgive this unusual manner to contact you, but this particular letter is of exceptional and very private nature. There is absolutely going to be a great doubt and distrust in your heart in respect of this email, coupled with the fact that, so many individuals have taken possession of the Internet to facilitate their deeds, thereby making it extremely difficult for genuine and legitimate business class persons to get attention and recognition.
here is no way for me to know whether I will be properly understood, but it is my duty to write and reach out to you.
Please, I want to introduce myself and this business opportunity to you,
My name is Mr Oxx Bxxx Gxxxxe ,a bank accountant.
I wish to know if we can work together.I would like you to stand as the
next of kin to my deceased client who made some deposits to my bank.
He died without any registered next of kin and as such the funds now
have an open beneficiary mandate.
If you are interested you do let me know so that I can give you comprehensive details on what we are to do I urgently hope to get your response as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Mr Oxx Bxxx Gxxxxe

I'm not sure why my good friend Father Frxxx Txxxxx forwarded this letter to me and I haven't been able to contact him as yet.

My name is Kxxly Sxxxt and I am the Senior Officiating Grants and Subsidy Officer for The Mxxxxe Wxxxd Axt Foxxxxxxon.
We enable grants to artists and writers in S.America and Africa.
So far this year we have enabled 1,100 art grants to the sum of $3,000,000.

Unless you are an artist or writer who wishes to apply for a grant I am afraid I do not see how I can be of help to you.

Kind Regards,

Miss K. Sxxxt

On 2/17/07, 11:04 am
Olxxxde Frxxx <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear Miss K. Sxxxt,
Thanks for your prompt response to my mail calling for assistance. I want to assure you that this is legal and good transaction,and there will be no problem.
I am an Accountant with a SECURITY /FINANCE COMPANY IN NIGERIA
I want to confide in you and believe you will assist me to your best ability.
I want you to act as the beneficiary or next of kin to my late customer,i have tried several times to contact the family but found out that he did not have or declare any next of kin.
I have perfected all strategies for a smooth transfer of this money into your account.
The amount involved is $5.2million Us dollars and I will give you 30% of the total money,5% for expenses and 65% for us.
What i want you to do is to send immediately the following,
Your Account Information,
Your Telephone and fax number,
I will use it to secure approval from the bank for immediate transfer of
this fund into your Account within the next seven days.
I hope to hear from you.
I shall send to you a text application that you will send to the Bank for approval.
Any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing for another individual for this same purpose.
Please assure me that you will act accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to hear from you soon.
Yours Faithfully,
Oxx Bxxx Gxxxxx

On 2/17/07 11.20
Miss K. Sxxxt
The Mxxxxxe Wxxxd Art Fxxxxxxxon.

Dear Mr. Olxxxxx,

Many thanks for your communication. As I said to you in my earlier letter, I am still unclear as to how I can help you.

You are proposing a transfer of $5.2million Us dollars of which I will receive 30%, 5% for expenses and 65% for yourself. Certainly it is an interesting proposal but as you stated ,
"...so many individuals have taken possession of the Internet to facilitate their deeds, thereby making it extremely difficult for genuine and legitimate business class persons to get attention and recognition."

It is for this reason that I must decline your kind offer.
I work for a very influential Foundation and I cannot allow myself to become involved in this transaction, however interesting it may appear.

What did interest me is that you are from Nigeria. Our Foundation enables grants and financial scholarships to artist from Africa as well as S. America so if you know of any struggling artists who are in need of financial help then do please pass on my details.

We are coming to the end of our financial year and still have a bursory of $650,000 to allocate.

As for your proposal, I hope you find someone to assist you in your financial matters, I am sorry that I am unable to.

Kind Regards,

Miss K. Sxxxt

bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thats spot on, well done.
He,ll come crawling to you soon as a struggling artist Very Happy

pony pony Mortar x18
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh he'll want a piece of your $650,000.00 alright... Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks people.

I knew you'd be along at the mention of $650,000 Les!!! rofl !!

I've also got a couple of 'love baits' going..these seem to be easier..pics already sent ( corr!!) ..just need to up the stakes vis a vis the photos they send... Laughing
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Oh he'll want a piece of your $650,000.00 alright...

And if this lad doesn't another no doubt will. Patience is a definite virtue in scam-baiting....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yep What Razor says.
Don't worry if this one slips off the hook. There's always another one that will come along afterwards.
To me, scambaiting is a bit like fishing. You throw your hook in, get a bite and then have to play your lad to land him. Jerk the rod too quickly or let him have too much line and he swims off back to the ladnest.
Of course, there's not many fish that are trying to con you out of $50,000. Nor are they as illiterate as most lads. Nor does your average lad breath through gills. And fish are definitely better to eat.

Both have the attention span of a thimble though.
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hehehe..in my mail this morning.....

Olxxxde Fxaxk <[email protected]>
to Kxxxy Sxxxt <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx>
date Feb 22, 2007 7:31 AM
subject Thanks,i want to be your representative
mailed-by yahoo.es

Dear Kxxxy Sxxxt,
Glad to hear from you,i am happy for your expression and believe wew can enter into good business relationship.
I have contacted some few artist in Nigeria and i want to know the creteria that you required for an individual artist.
Give me break downand step by step on what to do.
I want to be your representatives in Nigeria
What do you suggest? Ineed your telephone for faster communication.
Thanks for your coperation
Oxxxxxe

Amazing! I honestly thought I'd lost him... This is brilliant .. puts me in the driving seat!

I would ask for suggestions as to where to go with this but some of you would put Machiavelli to shame so maybe I'd best not!! Laughing

How about a Mail Delivery Error..or is this pushing it?

Dear Mr. Olxxxxe,

Many thanks for your reply to my letter of the 17th. I am delighted that you have been able to locate some artists. This is good news indeed.

I do wish you had contacted me earlier because our bursary fund is now only $250,000 (two hundred and fifty thousand) having presented several artists from Ghana and Chile with financial aid this week.

We have received several applications over the last few days and I would advise you to follow my instructions to the letter if we are to help the artists you have located.

As I do not know how many artists you are representing I have provisionally set aside $70,000 (seventy thousand) which would cover a Foundation Grant of $10,000 (ten thousand) for seven (7) artists.

As for your representation of the artists, I am empowered to offer a remuneration of $1000 (one thousand) for each artist you represent on the understanding that this fee will be paid to you FOR EACH ARTIST WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A FOUNDATION GRANT.

As I told you, we are fast approaching the end of our financial year and because time is short I need from you the following :

� The number of artist you are representing
� Evidence of your identity � passport, law degree and driving licence (photo copies)
� Each artist must fill out the application form I have attached (please make copies if more than one artist is being represented)
� Yo/##@&%&&&$��������������

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Reply to all Forward Print Add Mail to Contacts list Delete this message Report phishing Show original Message text garbled?

from
Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email protected]> hide details Feb 20 (2 days ago)
to
[email protected]
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

..or just carry on with the letter?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hate it when they mail from Yahoo.
Chances are, if you lose this one, it's not your fault. Yahoo is pretty quick to close a scammer's account if they catch it.

One way around this is to always ask for a non-Yahoo back up email address from your lad.
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good Idea. Thanks.

Still not sure which letter to send him ( see previous post on this thread) ...either a normal one , sending forms to fill in etc..or try to really get him in the palm of my hand by making him think time is of the essence but sadly he's got a reply that is incomplete because of a fake Mail Delivery Error. Get him to 'panic'.

Suggestions? This is my first bait of this type.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic