SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do scammers use the word "modality"?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Balogna
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed in a few of the scams I've been receiving, the scammers are using the word "modality" in their scripted text.

I kinda thought that was a baiter-only word? Or is that another word that we're stealing from them for our own use (like mugu)?
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

AFAIK, its one of those lovely words that we stole from the lads and have made our own Wink

[Edit]- Still faster than the average Weasel Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scammers use it ALL the time.. I guess baiters use it to make fun of the lads... Very Happy

Edit: SF beat me to it!! Laughing

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now if they would only use the word morality and mean it we would not need to have this forum.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a real word. In the dictionary and everything. Used by Henry Kissinger a lot. And anyone who looks like that and can talk Jill St.John into bed can't be wrong. Scammers used it to appear more impressive and baiters adopted it because it sounds funny.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something I've always wanted to try is to see if we could inject a word into their vocabulary and track it. We know that they often borrow words, names, even storylines (and modalities!) from baiters, but what if lots of baiters started using a made-up word? Could we get the lads to adopt it?

We absorbed some of their lingo, why not return the favour?

No point really, aside from it being a neat sociolinguistic experiment. I do think about it every now and then, though.

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would be an awesome idea. I'd suggest something easy to remember/spell, hard to screw up, and a slang insult to either the user, or recipient, or both.

Maybe a substitute for "Sincerely" or another frequent part of letters?

How about:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Yiffily yours,

Namegoes Here

(You kids all know what "Yiff" means, I assume...)
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^
Ew... Laughing I should probably say something about goats in response to that but I'm not feeling very witty at the moment.

Anyways, the first time one of my lads said "modalities," my first reaction was to think he'd been baited before since 419eaters had been the only place I'd heard it. I was disappointed when I found out otherwise. It would be so much fun if we were secretly leaving our marks in their vocabularies!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea of starting a new sign off slogan.

Spaztastically yours
Ray Pist

The problem though is that it won't take long for the scammers to associate that slogan with people being "jokers".

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Count me out. I don't find that word in any way amusing, for personal reasons, which I will let you in on should you care to PM me.

This invented word modality was, If I recall,discussed a few weeks ago. I'm sure one of the Mods could put his finger on it...the relevant thread I mean. Very Happy
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Eucalyptising perchance?

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As DrWho already said, modality is a perfectly normal word. I gues it just depends on the range amd depth of one's vocabulary ... Cool
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@SoN

That's the one.....

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89617

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
As DrWho already said, modality is a perfectly normal word. I gues it just depends on the range amd depth of one's vocabulary ... Cool

Frequently used in the medical literature. Also at conferences, which is unfortunate as I start giggling when ever a speaker uses it....

Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talking of using obscure words - one of my lads today accused me of being "scrofulous".

He's in for a slap.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Surely such verbosity(?) deserves reward not punishment?

I can recommend this site...http://www.yourdictionary.com/ Sign up for Word of the Day and then try and include it in any responses to the lads. It is also quite self-improving as well. Laughing

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I set out with the New Years resolution to introduce the word "wummery" as often as I could into my baits.

And I have already recieved Emails from lads that have adopted the word into their patter... Rolling Eyes
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

During one of my first lad phone conversations, the lad actually said "modalities"
From that moment on I was a lost cause & I had to hang up Laughing

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always liked the word lugubrious. Sounds funny. I use it every chance I get. Get you lad to say that.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
llamedos
Been There, Done That

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugubrious would be more appropriate Laughing

Barrister Addo Williams: I want you to know that I am not impressed with your performance towards this project.
Mattins Wilson: ...and they stated morken me and tarfing at me as if am a full, so please it is enough OK. /AND/ I promise you for all this furffring that you are furffring to me <--- No, I haven't a clue either
Peter Ovdo: I want you to have trust in me that all is ok as stated in my last mail to you which i wrote in big letters

Ethel Gnassingbe: FOUK YOU AND GO TO HELL

"I am a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up"
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mugu_cultist wrote:
but what if lots of baiters started using a made-up word? Could we get the lads to adopt it?

In one of my replies a long time ago, I wrote to the lad using "let's cut some cheese", in the hopes he would think it was a common expression and would then use it elsewhere.

I forgot about that until I stumbled upon this.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simba wrote:
I set out with the New Years resolution to introduce the word "wummery" as often as I could into my baits.
That's probably the funniest sounding word I've ever come across. I think I may have to join you in it's usage.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There's one EFCC boilerplate that uses the word "peradventure". It still surprises me.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favourite was when a baiter taught some lads that PS stands for Post-Scrotum Laughing
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Call him an obsequious sycophant - most are - it's the up-market version of ass licker.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic