SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paper size

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What paper sizes do they use in Ladgeria?

A4 or some other dodgy format like letter. Just asking as I'm making up a pdf to print and don't want it to be too hard for stupid people to work out.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

PDF printing has a "fit to page size" option so I don't see how it will help. Unless you make it a 84x64 size and it prints so small it can't be read.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
IP Freely
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which if you blame it on the lad might be pretty funny.
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that's a bit of my previous job coming through, I was a graphic designer for 10+ years and was forever annoyed by people who had the wrong page size setup.

Moot point I guess then.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe they use A4.

Kickstart wrote:
... don't want it to be too hard for stupid people to work out.

Huh?

That's the name of the game!! Put the document on A3! Or use some absurd printer driver that demands a second paper tray and won't print without it.

PDF? How about Starwriter 2 for DOS?

Make it hard. Twisted Evil
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

better yet make a 1200 dpi pdf with password protection and printing disabled and let another round of phun begin!
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cheers guys, normally I would make it harder but I'm after a trophy photo in a hurry for my mates birthday.

I do have an evil plan for buggering up their printing however - uber complex graphics (vector art) duplicated thousands of times and shrunk to the size of a full stop. Each one a complex curve with a gradient fill.

Will take the print processor ages to print one page, and hopefully in frustration he'll send the document several times because it takes so long for it to start printing.

BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Kickstart- The impossible-to-print document modality that you describe would be useful to other baiters. Is there anyway it could be "packaged" and made available on a web site?

Bruin
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll have a play and see what I come up with, I remember getting bored at work a few years ago and came with a less than 1mb coreldraw! document that crashed any computer it was opened on because the length of the curves data exceeded 64k and the computer went belly up. Lots of fun.

Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

UPDATE

I had a play today with that idea, but didn't really come up with anything useable, as it will crash baiters computers too if you need to alter the document.

However, I did come up with a background image, that is a 999 step blend on a white page with a white box and no borders. That is repeated 24 times in the background and when added as a "background picture" to an excel spreadsheet, it's invisible but makes my dual core overclocked 3.5 Ghz computer act like an 8088 while trying to fill in a form. I don't imagine that the average pc in lagos is this powerful.

Does that have any potential? I can arj it to about 2.2 mb, uncompressed it's about 10 mb, and saved in an excel document it's about 6mb (recompressed).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic