SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sending Forms/Questionaires etc

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First post..a bit nervous!

I've got a couple of lads and I want to send one of them an 'official looking' questionaire from reknowned religious building contractors, Saint Urma's Constructers & Krypton Ecumenical Restoration (aka S.U.C.K.E.R)

I am preparing it in Photoshop but am concerned about information that could be extracted from a 'Properties' search on the JPG file I intend to send.

I would prefer to be able to send Forms and Images rather than simply type them out in an e-mail.

Probably an easy solution so excuse the question..but I do need an answer about how to send images 'safely'.

Many thanks and this is a GREAT site!!

bow_down

"Spring my liked season, I likes to look, how the nature comes to life after winter.
As the first kidneys on trees are dismissed..." - Svetlana
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I've done with some of my forms (see my sig for them) is to print them then scan then, it also makes them look more genuine - I even had someone PM me asking how I got that "just scanned" look.

If you're that bothered, post the form here and someone will check it out for you.

PS, Welcome to eater

get your baiting forms here
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would do as Eamonn suggests as it looks far more authentic. As for a lad working out how to extract info from a jpeg, I'm sure stranger things have happened but can't think of any off the top of my head. Quite honestly it's about as likely as lad learning to read email headers and tracking someones IP.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I only ask because I sent a Word doc ( FIRST BAIT ) to a friend, who introduced me to 419eater, containing the communication with one of my lads, and he wrote this back to me:

"Here's what your word document gave me for info.. Just to let you know the dangers..

I'd hate to see a good ongoing bait sussed because of this..."

The image he sent me of the Propoties of the doc I sent to him, clearly showing my name:

Wink IMAGE DELETED Wink

How was it possible for him to get this info if the image was on his PC? Or is there a way to ascertain info like this from a file before downloading it from your mail to your HD? A tad confused.

I sent an image and a doc to myself from my gmail account and my hotmail account and could not get any information as shown above once it arrived at my account.

??

Is any of this clear? Shocked

"Spring my liked season, I likes to look, how the nature comes to life after winter.

Last edited by Clint-Thrust on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Les Noise
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check your PM mate.. Cool

Found it..For Micro$oft Word

"Choose Options from the Tools menu, click on the Save tab, and uncheck the box labeled Allow fast saves. Now click on the Security tab and check the box titled Remove personal information from this file on save. In Word 2003, as shown in the screenshot above, the check box's title is slightly different: Remove personal information from file properties on save. When you save the file, the Author, Manager, Company, and Last saved by fields are cleared. Names in comments or edits are changed to simply Author. Any routing slip or e-mail header information is also removed. If the document contains tracked changes, you may want to accept them all before saving.

Cool

I believe when you received your payout you will compensate me.... .. Sure Will..

Jolly Roger

pony pony pony Mortar x11
Clint-Thrust
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many, Many Thanks to my good friend Les!!

bow_down

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic