SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please check my reasoning - friend getting scammed

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Splash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Edit: image removed pending an appropriate watermark.
Baiters,

I'm pretty sure a filipino friend of mine is getting a job offer scam. I don't have all the details, my reasoning involves the "If it sounds too good to be true (6500 pounds/month for customer service call center work), a *.yahoo.co.uk address for a "Work Permit Department" and several spelling errors, informalities and odd style and formatting choices in her acceptance letter. She called and got what she thought was an Indian or Pakistani accent, not a West African accent. She may have been fooled or uncertain on this point.

I asked for but didn't get a header for her email that was quoted below. i also haven't finished probing for information about hwo she found this offer. The whole thing stinks of "lad" but i am not sure. She already sent in a CV so she has some risk and I would like to be able to be uncompromising when I tell her that this is crap. I hope to update this with full headers and more info soon, but can any of the UK team tell me exactly why this is wrong? She wants to believe it, but neither is she a fool, and I need to backstop that.

Now that I'm done with this post, I'm sure it is a scam. i just want to be able to kill my friend's hope in this dead, drive a stake through It's heart and stuff it's mouth with garlic. Maybe some flaming diesel too.

Last edited by Splash on Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a Visa work scam- your friend would contact these people and be told to pay fees and whatnot to have the paperwork submitted.

Once she started doing that there would always be more, and they would continue leading her on until she was broke.

Sony doesn't employ people like this; neither does any other corporation. Additionally, Visas are applied for in the country in which the applicant lives, in person- not via email.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

100% job visa scam. Yahoo address, follow me phone number, instructions to contact the "work dept" for instructions.

The request for money won't be long now. Rolling Eyes

[Edit]- How does a teacup type that fast!? Shocked Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star

Last edited by SlayerFaith on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn right it's a scam!

Phone number +447024092099 is a personal number that will redirect to a lads mobile, and if it was Sony Erikson, they would not use a phone number from one of their competitiors such as, Magrathea Telecommunications:

Quote:

+447024092099
Number billable as: personal number
Country or destination: United Kingdom
Original network provider*: Magrathea Telecommunications Limited

The free yahoo email address for the Home Office immigration department Laughing:

[email protected]

If anyone from the UK Home Office ever emailed someone, it would never be from a free Yahoo email address, it would be like [email protected]

Here is the real Home Office which is located at 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF :

http://www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/ministerial_responsibilities/departments/ho.asp

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There you have it. 3 independent sources in 9 minutes, and all of us say its a scam! Very Happy

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Splash
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't 100% certain whether the "work permit department" was supposed to be UK government entity or not. I googled the telephone number and got a free classifieds ad for a car dealer receptionist in London. Scampatroller, how did you get that data? That resource needs to go in my quiver, and right up front.

It probably isn't a surprise, but I'm feeling an urge to choke the life out of this batch of clowns.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congratulations!!! Your CV was reviewed and chosen for the customer service representative position available at Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications UK

Nuff said.. Tell your friend to run like hell!

Actually, let me shoot off an email to that addy and see if I can get a job there...

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Splash, to check phone numbers, use this site:

http://www.numberingplans.com/?page=analysis&sub=phonenr

Paste any phone number in to the box and it will tell you which country the number is from, which telephone company and whether the phone is a landline, mobile phone, personal number etc

The Google result for the +447024092099 number gives another job scam, sorry about the long link, with the ! in it it can't be shortened, copy and paste the full url in to your browser:

http://www.hallolondon.co.uk/free_ads/jobs/secretarial_PA_&_cust_services_!93/Asian_Receptionist_~43314.html

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ill have a positive answer for you soon... I mailed this to your "friends" prospective employer.

Dearest in Christ,

My brother was offered a job by you and he wanted me to check it
out.. Please state the details again. I am protective of my younger
brother so please understand.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor XXXXX

Pastor XXXXXX XXXXX
Asst. Pastor / Finical Director
Church of Christ
419 XXX XXXXXXX Ave
San Juan,Puerto Rico 00917-3429 US
[email protected]
Phone: 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That blurry 'Employment Agreement' is in pure Laddish. (You might like to watermark that pic 'Fake' BTW so other lads don't use it on anyone else).

I hope you are able to convince your friend that she almost fell for a scam and perhaps explain how these things work so she can spot any future ones. If she's concerned that 'Sony Ericsson' has her personal details the best thing she can do is just cease all communication immediately and the lad will quickly get bored and move on to somebody else (unfortunately).

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are the people in the UK so well off that an employer offering 6500 pounds per month for a job is so desperate for help that he is willing to fly people in from foreign countries to take the position? Rolling Eyes

Be smart

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10

Last edited by KeyserSoze on Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
shishtavi
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^

Also wouldnt they have to be able to prove they couldnt find anyone else in the EU to fill that position?

"YOU WONT RUN FAR FROM CR0WLEY AND HIS PLUMBERS, I DONT LIKE MUGUS TURNING ME AROUND." - Denny Both

"it should have occured to me being stranded the second time here in Ghana and your miserable organization cant even offer a $100 for my rescue,idiots!" - M0ses Uz3m3

"I need to get my donation now or else i will be forced to think ortherwise" - m0ses uz3m3
Safari x2 Lagos-Accra
Safari lagos-tamale: courtesy of SP
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the quick reply I got... Note, I never even mentioned my "brother's" name...

To Pastor XXXXXX XXXXX ,
This is to confirm that your younger brother has been offered the post of a customer service Representative by sony ericsson mobile and our Department can assist him in obtaining a work permit . Work Permits Department offers a comprehensive service for businesses covering areas within both the Immigration Rules and under the Work Permit Scheme.

We pride ourselves with the speed of response, dealing with matters efficiently and conscientiously at all times. Our pro-active approach ensures that clients' needs are first and foremost at all times.

To obtain a work permit through our Department simply submit the following requirements to us through email .
1. Scanned copy of Signed Employment Agreement from Sony Ericsson Mobile UK .
2. Scanned copy of your International Passport .
3. Scanned Copy of recent Passport Photograph
4. Payment Receipt of 400 Pounds ( work permit Processing fee )
5. Name and Mailing address .

Payment for the Work Permit processing fee has to be paid through Western union money transfer to the below Name and address .
The work permit processing takes one week and will be delivered to your mailing address through Fed Ex / DHL as soon as it is issued by the work permit Department .

The Work Permit Department will also assist you in obtaining the UK working Visa through the British Embassy in your country after your Uk Work Permit is issued .

From
Peter Frank
Head Immigration officer
UK work permit Department
Immigration and Nationality Department
2 Marsham Street, London,
SW1P 4DF
London , United Kingdom
[email protected] "

Ill post the header if anyone cares to see it..

Looks like they need a "work permit processing fee" Hope this is enough to convince your friend this is BS

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I have my friend on the straight and narrow and I may be able to get headers from her soon. All the better to abuse these clowns. My friend isn't dumb, but she's under enough pressure that she bit on the offer. The scammer does have her details so I'm hoping that she will just drop these clowns and hand the details over to someone with time, a grudge, and good BS skills. My attributes are improving, but I'll be happy if someone in this group can make this bunch of lads suffer.

Last edited by Splash on Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The scamer does have her details so I'm hoping that she will just drop these clowns and hand the details over to someone with time, a grudge, and good BS skills.

Boy did you ever come to the right place. Laughing Post the details and this lad will be overrun with new "prospects."

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is the header from the lad...

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from smtp6.hushmail.com (smtp6.hushmail.com [65.39.178.137])
by imap6.hushmail.com (Cyrus v2.2.12-Invoca-RPM-2.2.12-3.RHEL4.1) with LMTPA;
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:15:08 -0800
X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2
Received: from web27811.mail.ukl.yahoo.com (web27811.mail.ukl.yahoo.com [217.146.182.16])
by smtp6.hushmail.com (Postfix) with SMTP
for <XXXXXX [email protected]>; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:22:20 -0800 (PST)
Received: (qmail 9874 invoked by uid 60001); 15 Feb 2007 08:22:18 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:
MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding;

Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG:
Received: from [195.245.109.68] by web27811.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:22:18 GMT
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:22:18 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: WORK PERMIT ONLINE APPLICATION
To: XXXXXX [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-308890515-1171527738=:9519"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Ill play around with him for a bit.. Wink

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in. I really want to work for these guys and as I live in the UK I won't need to pay the processing fees for the work permit Laughing Lets see how they like them apples.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in too, just want to check if they are actually reading the CV's they get. It seems my russian character has very interesting CV.

@Splash - why won't you invite your friend to view this thread?

edit: Before I'm sending my bait, is the original mail, or is it the second mail?

"I have told you that this is risk free" - David Sharp that offered me the Litvinenko funds, with explanation why it will not risk my life to go on with it.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Addy is DOA... My reply to the lads reply bounced...

This is the Postfix program at host smtp3.hushmail.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: host mx1.mail.ukl.yahoo.com[195.50.106.7]
said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.co.uk account
([email protected]) [-5] - mta120.mail.ukl.yahoo.com (in
reply to end of DATA command)

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ohh, I see that this batch of clowns has already been plagued. I like it. I'm going to paste some of the emails, but only one header since the particulars of the yahoo address don't seem to matter.

She got the job through "Best Jobs". I haven't gottn a specific URL just yet.

I know I'm going to do what I can to plague them.

Quote:
This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]
From SONY ERICSSON MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS Thu Feb 15 03:34:56 2007
X-Apparently-To: ****@yahoo.com via 216.252.100.173; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:34:58 -0800
X-Originating-IP: [217.146.182.54]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta370.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=yahoo.co.uk; domainkeys=pass (ok)
Received: from 217.146.182.54 (HELO web27904.mail.ukl.yahoo.com) (217.146.182.54) by mta370.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 03:34:57 -0800
Received: (qmail 34317 invoked by uid 60001); 15 Feb 2007 11:34:56 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=ngAPjVkwbcy26Sa2nGH/fkav4QuLo6NGcwv63jBJIo4524lg6ui2W0cSHzNAetJpwMy8USwvMUbKdjTBesTgRcyYV7gYbekrAqNSDCJfq92HQz/m+2NG9Nhh5UNySf5tTNKe9ferlfREG6WJlLqttAujB/SjtfhYLu3ETQlHyUE= ;
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-YMail-OSG: RADD76YVM1kJr7DB3jgofeTX2LYsHvZiuDnRjvdKEuyFch_madimZ7lD7cUvglcMXsToM0pJArCA0NkuFOW3RixBAuNQQRjycGaF.e.h3aaqqlFiOhs-
Received: from [41.204.224.133] by web27904.mail.ukl.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:34:56 GMT
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:34:56 +0000 (GMT)
From: Send an Instant Message "SONY ERICSSON MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS" <[email protected]> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.co.uk. Learn more
Subject: SONY ERICSSON MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS
To: Send an Instant Message [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-425826137-1171539296=:33609"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Length: 856
From
John Scholes
Human Resource Department
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
Sony Ericsson House
202 Hammersmith Road
W6 7DN London
United Kingdom
+447024092099
www.sonyericsson.com

The Management of Sony Ericsson mobile Communication congratulates you on your appointment as the new customer serivce representative of the Company . You are Expected to start work on 12th March 2007 . Please process your Work permit as soon as Possible . For any more enquiries email us at [email protected] .Thanks for accepting to work for the company.
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

I just tried that addy and it didn't return yet.

"I have told you that this is risk free" - David Sharp that offered me the Litvinenko funds, with explanation why it will not risk my life to go on with it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic