SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Eater Motorcycle Riders

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My first bike was a Honda CB200 like this one here (mine was red):

Not much horsepower, but I didn't have much money. I was just happy I had a machine at all.
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All this talk about your 1st bikes got me nostalgic. I found a pic of my first road bike. This is exactly what it looked like.

Oddly enough, I really miss it. I wish I could find one for sale.........
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, so when is Daytona Bike Week?

I will probably be there, since I plan on moving. I know almost no one there now, but at least I'll know who to call when I need my fence mended.

pony <---- hee hee
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bike week is March 2-11. Bring a camera, you will see things you never knew existed...... Laughing
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mhmm, a bit late to this thread, but here we go...

My first ever bike (some years ago):

My current bike Wink :

In between, I had another Enfield and a Triumph. The Triumph was a real beauty - pic will follow...

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Many years ago, I used to have one of these:

Harry Bawls wrote:
one of my favorite pics of riding near the Blue Ridge Parkway......

I'll be doing a photographic safari along the Blue Ridge parkway and Shenandoah national park in May this year (not on a bike, unfortunately). Can't wait!

windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone ever go to the Transatlantic Trophy at Brands Hatch in the late seventies, and through the eighties?

The days of Barry Sheen and Kenny Roberts going head to head.

Used to happen over the Easter holiday. I think they stopped running the event in the early nineties? I miss the smell of burning castor oil.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Damn. I leave the 2nd. However, I might be back by the 10th or 11th. We'll see if I can make it this year...

pony <---- hee hee
Kickstart
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joaquin wrote:

Well actually the one I had was a "500", just like the one in this picture:

According to Honda, they replaced this model with the 550, which had more power and bigger tires. Still, I preferred the older one. But the 550 is up to this day a fine motorcycle.

I had a friend who completely rebuilt a 500/4, was a lovely ride. Unfortunately he is one of the reasons I dont ride any more - too many accidents and none were his fault. Last one was on the 500, a low speed accident that really hurt him bad.

Here's a photo a nearly identical beeza - apparently they were nicknamed the "Hand Grenade" 10:1 compression and the tank is fibreglass - running with factory hot cams they occasionally exploded.

Tutorial - Backup your Gmail
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most folks here know Radden is my son. This is a pic of him on his bike.........

Notice the upper Midwest theme......

And here is his first riding mower............

Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Laughing Love the mower!

Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You gave too much details about my life away, now the scammers will be able to find me Surprised

The mower was mine, till I turned 8 years old, which was yesterday.
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
Bike week is March 2-11. Bring a camera, you will see things you never knew existed...... Laughing

Damn! I'll miss it. I'll be in your general vicinity in May (probably middle week); anything on around then? Last year I arrived, purely by chance, in the middle of Americade in Lake George. I was there on one of my photography trips, but didn't know about Americade. Was somewhat concerned when I drove into Lake George town and found myself surrounded by 30 000 Harleys!

Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Quote:
Myrtle Beach Bike Week�
May 11-20, 2007

That is a close second to Daytona. I WILL be there.
Mike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks HB. I'll bookmark that.

iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As a slight aside, does anyone have any experience of using 'Goop' or other similar puncture preventer in tubed tyres?

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
reload
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is what I have right now. 93 GS500 with roughly 12k miles on it. It needs some minor work done, but I am selling it. I have the stuff that it needs (plugs and wires, old and filter), but I'm not touching it while it's 5 degrees outside. Make an offer and I'll probably be willing to part with it.

Am I done riding? No, just looking for something diffferent. Two bikes I'm looking at are:

Suzuki SV650, preferably the older one (pre-2003).

or

BMW f650

Would have bought a new bike this summer, but I just jumped into another 5 years of car payments last weekend, so I gotta keep the cost of the bike within reason, which based on my math would be below $3k.

- YOU SHALL REMAIN WITH POOREST AND AIDS COMES YOUR WAY VERY SOON
AS YOU NORMALLY PATRONIZE CLUBS FOR ENJOYMENT OF LIFE, AMEN.
- Please note that you may chose to pay the money twice or once as the case may be. all for your safety.
- you can go to hell and born to blazes.i really dont know were my mother whent to look for a cheap rat like you.
- YOU ARE A NITWIT,CONSULT YOUR DICTIONARY FOR THE EXPLANATION OF THAT WORD (NITWIT) THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE OK.
- WHY DO YOU STILL INSULT YOUR MOTHER WHO IS A WITCH AND A BASTARD?
- i find it very diificult to ask him to stand with text question for him to take a pic it sound so funny.he is not a half baked laywer
- i find it not worth my time to deal with a rat like u go to hell uuuuuuu

Ivory Coast United States
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@reload - On a bike like that, what would be a good offer?

I'm glad there are riders here. The more I think about it, once I am living in Florida, a motorcycle will be much more practical for me than a car... and more fun.

I assume when the time comes, you guys can point me in the right direction and give me good advice on what to buy. Any good advisors here?

pony <---- hee hee
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I don't know what you would consider a good advisor, but I have been involved in motorcycles most of my life. You really have to consider what "type" of bike you want first, then you can figure out from there which make, model,...etc. Do you want cruiser, sport, dual purpose, etc....you get the idea. I would start by picking up some magazines that concentrate on the style of bike you would like. If you find one that interests you, then you can start looking for something similar. For instance, you like the Yamaha sport bike style, and you like a particular model, you can look for an older version of the bike, and buy a used one. If you have never ridden before, I suggest a "smaller" bike to start with. That will accomplish two things. It will give you some experience, and also let you know if you really like riding or not. One thing that you will have to be aware of in Florida, that is older drivers, refered to as "cotton tops" in biker lingo. They sometimes do not "see" bikes. Whatever you decide, it is of utmost importance to have the mindset of "everyone in a car is trying to get me". I have been riding many, many years, and have yet to have an accident with a car. I ALWAYS expect them to do the wrong thing, and try to be prepared. The most common collision between a bike and a car is at an intersection, where the car is turning left.....remember Ben Rothlesberger of the Steelers? Anyway, research is the best tool when deciding on a bike. PM me anytime if you want to ask anything. Good luck!
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hell, I go away for a week, and you do a motorsickle thread. Kickstart, I was at a rally once, drunk, when the Police showed up at the pub, well after closing time. Because he was too drunk, and a scared girly, I ended up having to ride a friend's Starfire, just like the one in your picture, back to the campsite. I only clipped one car on the way back, and the next day the BSA's big end bearing was completely shot. I dont think he ever forgave me, or was that for stealing his girl at another rally? Embarassed

Anyway, here's the current Croppermobile, a 1200 Harley Sportster.

This is the previous one, which I built from the remains of an old police bike which I bought in the pub one night. Last I heard, this bike was on its way to a new home in the South of France.

I have raced bikes a lot, including on the TT course, but I decided to quit before I broke anything important.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Roy

What I wouldn't give to have that Norton now. When I was 16, I worked in a bike shop that sold Hondas and Norton. My job was to complete the assembly, and test ride them before they went on the floor. I remember my first ride on a Norton, shakey, but fun, and powerful. I wanted one back then, but could not afford it. Crying or Very sad
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harry Bawls wrote:
One thing that you will have to be aware of in Florida, that is older drivers, refered to as "cotton tops" in biker lingo. They sometimes do not "see" bikes. Whatever you decide, it is of utmost importance to have the mindset of "everyone in a car is trying to get me".

I have had that problem in buses, where people do not see me because either 1) they genuinely don't, somehow, and 2) they don't want to (ever heard the phrase "the elephant in the room"?) so they don't. I can only imagine how the first way is amplified when you are a quarter the size of them. I have been driving to avoid any collisions since I got my driver's license, and I am paranoid on the road. But post all that again for anyone who wasn't listening!

I will definitely have questions for you, so expect them soon. But after I get moved.

pony <---- hee hee
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, fantasy time for me. This is what I want to build if I ever get the time.....For some strange reason, I really like the "Bobber" style.

Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you build it, I wouldn't go over 20 mph..... Don't want the engine or front falling off....
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Please take your postwhoring here........

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70116&start=10725 Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic