SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please tell me what you think about this modality

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After watching a CNN special about identity theft last week and learning that Nigeria plays a large part in it I was thinking of a way baiters might be able to help a little. I know we don't only bait Nigerians but they are the majority and this wouldn't work unless you received a 419 letter first. I wrote this little script to see if I would get any bites:

Quote:
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:00:32 -0800 (PST)
From: "Dr. Phil" <*******@google.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: HOW FAR BROTHER?
To: Send an Instant Message "juliana dougbo" <*********@yahoo.com>

Hello Guyman, im glad to finally talk to someone else in the game. i just move to usa and dont no anyone in the game here. i have good plan to make lot of money if u intersted. if u can get CC numbers and want make fast money let me know. i will find empty houses in usa around me and we can have items shipped to. i will then collect the items when they r delivered and give u 50% of everythin. since u cant get the merchandis ship to Africa and i cant get CC numbers anymore i think we both can benifit greatly from workin togther. if ur sick of 419 and u can get what im lookin for and r intersted please contact me and know this is no joke.

Take Care
phil

I know this script and the whole idea in general could use a lot of work but Im getting about 50% of the lads replying with interest. Here are a few :

Quote:
OK MEN NO SHAKING I AM DOWN FOR THE GAME, GIVE ME YOUR NUMBER AND I WILL CALL YOU OR BETTER YOU CAN CALL ME ON +221 4183317 I CAN BE GETTING YOU SOME NUMBERS BUT WE NEED TALK WELL.

OR IF YOU WANT WE CAN HOOK UP ON CHAT MY I.D IS [email protected]. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON BRO. AND THANKS FOR THE OFFER.

G.K

Quote:
HOW FAR BRO. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, NOW I HAVE CARDS BUT I DONT HAVE SITES CAN U GIVE ME SITES WERE I CAN BUY DIS STUFFS AND YOUR ADDRESS WERE THEY WILL BE DELIVERED? I CAN ORDER THEM TODAY AS SOON AS I RECEIVE THOSE INFO.

GK.

Quote:
MY GUY TELL ME MORE OK

Quote:
Hello Guyman,

Thanks for your mail which I recieved this morning.

My name is Bobby and I am a Nigerian living in ivory coast. I am from delta state. As regard to your CC NUMBER DEAL i would say that I am very much interested in working with you provided you will bring out your mind and heart. I have been into SCAM GAME for close to ten years now and i thank God for all he has done in my life.

For us to get started I want to hear from you as regard to the moderlities of sharing etc.

This is my private telephone number +00225-07-63-22-34.

Thanks,

Bobby.

What if we made a website that we told the lads to order the merchandise from and once all the information has been received alert the credit card companies who then notify the card holders? You could also make a website that says you will ship anywhere in world and spread the word to the lads with some sort of script. Only problem I can think of is if it would be illegal even though were obviously doing this to help people. Any thoughts, help, or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm wary of this modality. I am new here but have been in the game for a bit. This puts way too much pressure on you. Remember, the goal is to make the lads do all the work.

As far as the web site and reporting to the the credit card companies, I think they would not give it a second look. They don't care, they just write the fraud off. Plus, I wouldn't want stolen credit card numbers flowing through my computer.

Clever idea, but I think you should stay old school, play the sucker and waste THEIR time. Good intentions, but as you know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

IMHO... other comments?...

BTW, your last "lad" Bobby.. methinks he is not a lad.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know it would take some work but I wouldn't mind bating a few lads whenever I had the time and direct them to the site. My only problem would be the legality of the whole thing. Is "bobby's" semi proper english making you think he is not a lad? Unless it is you I'm positive he is a lad Very Happy. Thanks for the comment.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know everything there is to know about Nigeria, but you could be "outed" if they start asking you about what tribe you come from, and if you don't properly respond in a tribal language.....or if they want a live conversation, in which case you won't have the right accent if you decide to converse with them over the phone.

It's an interesting modality though. I'd be interested in what the more seasoned baiters would say about this.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is the format of the letter that makes me question it. But then again, its all subjective...

Have fun and bait safe.

PS. Damn good point Barry Kelly!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don�t understand the point where it all will lead you to.???

Is it a kind of "cash-bait" or in this case a kind of baiting for ware?

Please explain it to me so I can understand it better. Twisted Evil

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@DoctorPhil

Encouraging somebody to commit a (supposed) crime just to get information about what they may have (in the way of stolen CC info) isn't really a good idea. It only supports their activities and spurs them on to steal more.

Let's just stick by what we get and alert the companies about that.

And yes, the whole idea is probably highly illegal and certainly not something that 419Eater can condone in any way.
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Barry Kelly, I have actually had a lad already ask me what tribe I was with but you think you could find out a few and pick one opposite of what he tells you. Also, like how many baiters have already mastered you could come up with a number of reason why don't want to talk on the phone. I know this whole modality was a long shot but I thought there might be some potential.

@ mathias, to prevent someone from being another victim of identity theft. I would assume that most of the CC numbers these lads have are from phishing so they probably have a lot more of the victims info.

@ Pastor Frank, the IP address shows hes writting from Cote D'Ivoire and he sent me a 419 letter. I know it could be a badger with a proxy but as most of know that is highly unlikely just like the probability of my modality working as I have wished.

@ kleindoofy, I'm definitely not trying to encourage their illegal activity I was actually trying to prevent it and help someone from becoming a victim of it. If it is illegal as I thought it might I will stop the modality immediately.

Thank you all for your comments
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This may be out of line.. But are you listening to any of the comments or are you just trying to justify playing this modality? I think the consensus is that it is just a bad idea all the way around. .

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Pastor Frank, I'm sorry if I made you feel bad for the comments I made about you thinking the lad was a badger as that is the only reason I can come up with why I think you would make this comment. If you you actually read my comments you can clearly see I that I'm starting to think this isnt a good modality. Here is a few of them for you incase you missed:

Quote:
I know this whole modality was a long shot but I thought there might be some potential.

Quote:
that is highly unlikely just like the probability of my modality working as I have wished.

Quote:
If it is illegal as I thought it might I will stop the modality immediately.

Last edited by DoctorPhil on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:14 am; edited 2 times in total
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In defense of DoctorPhil I want to say that fighting crime as we do, without the authority of LE and on the internet, is a precarious business. It's often difficult to draw the lines of what is acceptable and what is not.

There's nothing wrong with coming up with new ideas.

However, one of the important and valuable points of 419Eater is that we are successful at filtering out the unacceptable bits and that have come up with a consensual set of rules and guidelines that allows baiters to help fight the lads without crossing the line and getting themselves and others in trouble - either personally or with the law.

Let's keep it that way.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ill bow out. Bait safe and have fun.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess the good Dr. has understood our feelings about this "modality".

Anyway its nothing wrong with asking Wink

Safari Safari Safari Goat Mortar x4 (2 MIA) Closed lad accounts x lots

Jolly Roger

BASTARD !!! U JUST DEY MAKE ME SPEND MONEY SEND CHECKS TO NON EXISTING PLACES OL BOY NO TRY ME AGAIN OH ABEG JUST FUCK OFF MAKE I WORK COLLECT MONEY..

go screw your mother fucking uncircumcised rotten dick on your bedroom wall and die slow *DELETED* because you don't even worth a second out of my time

now you have taken me to a far area from my place ... I have to sleep under the bridge today ...

Vcamera
DoctorPhil
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Now I will have to break about 10 lads hearts and tell them that our deal is off. Crying or Very sad I guess this was a success after all Very Happy
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Doctor Phil: after reading the above, I'm not sure that I would be within 419Eater guidelines if I aided/abetted/facilitated this modality, so I'm going to err on the side of caution and respectfully decline your request.

I will be glad to help you with any modality that is known to be an accepted practice here on the Eater.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Ted Bullpit
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Phil, one problem I would have with the idea is that an innocent person could stumble upon the site, think it was legitimate, provide their genuine credit card details to order an item only to be later told that their card details had been stolen because they visited the site! Embarassed

I think you should be commended for coming up with an original idea to help victims, however without the legal backing of say, a law enforcement agency, it would likely cause more trouble than it's worth. Smile

~Ted
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
There's nothing wrong with coming up with new ideas.

I thought that was worth highlighting. Props to DoctorPhil for posting his idea and asking for opinions. Thats what the fora are here for.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another problem with the idea that comes mind - the lads will use the credit card in your site, that's great. But they might decide to use them on other sites as well, and ship the items to the location you give them, so you might increase the use of the stolen cards.

But it was a creative idea!

"I have told you that this is risk free" - David Sharp that offered me the Litvinenko funds, with explanation why it will not risk my life to go on with it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic