SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BE CAREFUL WHILE IN Kuala Lumpur International Airport

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I just received this from a friend in Malaysia. Last time I heard of a similar scam it was at Lagos Airport. I don't know if this is genuine or a hoax, but I don't find it referenced in any of the usual hoax sites.
Quote:
BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHILE IN KLIA

Pass it on..... let more people be aware of such things around them.

A few days ago a new type of crime has surfaced in town. It goes something like this:- Somebody slips a handphone into your pocket. sometimes it could be just a wallet with an identity card and a few ringgits. A few minutes later, the 'owner' comes up and confronts you, the 'thief '. He makes a big commotion that you stole his stuff.
You,caught unaware, are then pulled aside by the 'owner' for a settlement you are intimidated and threatened that if you do not pay up the police will be brought in. If you pay up, this 'owner' lets you go. If not, the police are brought in.

Another strange thing is that there always seems to be a 'witness' to the your 'theft'. I am told this often happens to foreigners at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) or even at LRT trains. Given that you're 'guilty until proven innocent' as far as the Malaysian
police are concerned, I understand some poor people are in jail for these 'offences'.
At the KLIA, the 'owner' throws his handphone and wallet with
the few ringgit notes into the luggage trolley of a just arrived passenger.The drama unfolds a few minutes later. The real culprit has easily convinced our Malaysian police to arrest the real victim (if he has not paid up the 'settlement' demand). This is a very serious matter. This is another form of extortionists operating in broad daylight. They are disgusting criminals who will do anything to rob and steal. The sickening part of the whole scenario is that unless you pay the "quoted settlement"
money, they will put you in real trouble by calling the police. The real culprit gets back his handphone and wallet but the real victim (i.e. could beany one of us) is thrown into the police lock up and charged in court.
So do be very careful, otherwise you may end up as a "thief" as you have no way to
prove your innocence.

Geh Cheng Lok & Co,Advocates & Solicitors,
No.20, King Street (Top Floor),10200 Penang ,
Malaysia.Tel. No: 604-2617464 Fax. No: 604-2611840

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
sorcerer88
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a variation on this cam,happened in the tour group I was in traveling to Acapulco,Mexico once long ago. it happened to the following couple who happened to be from the UK and are not used to being in a society where firearms are prevalent( as for example in the US). The couple decided to go to the exhibition of sea-divers at the famous cliffs of Acapulco. they decided to rent a jeep and travel by themselves rather than with the tour group by bus. they went up the road and half way up they swirved to avoid a man who stepped in front of the jeep. they did not collide with him. they stopped .they asked him in rudementary Spanish if he was all right. He agreed. The couple then went to the top of the road and saw the exhibition. They returned down the same road. Half way down the hill,they were stopped by the man that they almost collided with and a Federales police man with a large rifle ( probably an AK 47 or FNLN 7.62 mm) pointed right at them. The Federales police man said in English that they committed a crime and had to pay at least GBP 100 to him and the man or he would arrest them. They obliged.After they paid the Federales and the man, then the man turned to them and said in perfect English here is also your cigarette lighter ( which he had pickpocketed at the earlier confrontation with them). The UK couple were terrifed by the rifle and later told the rest of us in the tour what had happened .We all considered ourselves lucky to leave Mexico alive and in one piece. best wishes

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's nonsense.
The previous chain letter going around in 2004 was a 'handphone' not handgun.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most likely. And, btw, we're not all UK 20-30 year olds either Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A copy of the original can be read here:
http://www.travelsafetyblog.com/archives/2004_07.html

The link to the blog that would give what I'm sure would be the rest of the letter word for word doesn't work.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic