SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

At least US Customs is fighting check fraud a little....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got this in the mail the other day addressed to my alter ego....

Click to see the full sized letter... Damn and I needed that money too! Damn government steals not only my legit income, but checks from my side business too!! Grrrr. Gonna blame it on my mugu... if i can find out which one sent it... beating
friday3
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that real? If so does that mean you are having checks sent to your home address? Confused

The above text is the sole intellectual property of friday3. Reproduction without the expressed permission of Friday3 is a breach of copyright punishable be a fine of up to $50 000 (payable by check) and/or 5 years jail.

"Hubbard is a "crackpot" and of "doubtful mental background." - From FBI files concerning L, Ron Hubbard

Mods have a wonderful sense of humor; you just aren't funny

Jolly Roger
Mortar x21

sellingrich
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ask Rose Pard or Tessie Douglas if they can provide a picture to prove the sincerity of the letter.

"May your anuse turn back." Joe Morengi
"You better run for your life, because the FBI are coming to your house tomorrow to kick your ass out of your house." Barr. Jonathan
Mr kelvin Jordon that call you from our branch office in canada explain that the chicken background voice has been querried, claiming the voice was his telephone ringing tone, therefore accept my deepest appology for that.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You want to talk to someone about this.

Title 19 says that they have a right to search everything.

Title 18 Chapter 513
Quote:
(a) Whoever makes, utters or possesses a counterfeited security of a State or a political subdivision thereof or of an organization, or whoever makes, utters or possesses a forged security of a State or political subdivision thereof or of an organization, with intent to deceive another person, organization, or government shall be fined under this title [1] or imprisoned for not more than ten years, or both.

What ever you do, do not fill out the form in triplicate and ask for the instrument to be sent to you while this case is undergoing administrative review.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would personally be tempted to ask for the envelope back Laughing
But no. Be very careful and respectful. Do not attempt to bait the US Government or Judiciary.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, that's freaky. I'd heard the USPS sometimes confiscates fake checks from countries with a reputation as scammer havens, but nothing like this.

Like everybody else says, don't screw with the government. I wouldn't even call the number to explain. If a Fed shows up at your door, you can always claim you don't know who it's from. Hmm, the Chapter 513 quote says you need to have intent to deceive another person... If the scammer believes you are going to cash his check, does he count? Smile

Now, there's gotta be some way you can use this to further your bait...

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
kisslajos
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It means, that your lad sent his check with UPS (or a courier using UPS). A custom officer found the the envelope suspicious, when it arrived to the UPS Kentucky center.
(The names, address, phone numbers of the Cleveland CPB office, are all authentic.
http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/ports/oh/4101.xml)

Those guys at the CPB are vey familiar with these scams. They are not after the victims. If you call them, you can get the name/address of the sender, and a very polite lecture about not believing anything you read in e-mails.

If you do not do anything, do not claim the property, they simply destory the check after 60 days. You will never ever heard from them again.

I am not a lawyer, I simply wanted to share my experience. I do not want to give you any advice.

Nevertheless, I would recommend you to lay low awhile. If you get dozens of similar checks, they might be interested to get some explanation from you.

P.S.: Ms Rose Park is real.

Last edited by kisslajos on Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
BadKarma
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If I were you and the letter is genuine, I'd write an email to them explaining the whole thing. Laying low is one option, but coming clean wouldn't hurt anyone. If you start to get those checks periodically they might indeed raise interest in you. Either you write them or not, I wouldn't blame them for not sending the check to you - I'm sure they wouldn't want to take the risk that someone tries to cash the fake check.

If you indeed received this to your real address, then I'd say you "forked up".

Safari George Annan (Accra - Benin City)
Safari Dan (Accra - Lagos)

"HIS A BIG FRAUD. THE MESSAGE HE SENT TO ME IS A NIGERIA EANGLISH , I TRUST YOU SO MUCH AND I CAN GIVE YOU MY COMPANY PASSWORD TO CHECK THE MAIL HE SENT TO US."
"Just a thought. Maybe, you can get a well paid Mod job here." -Toomuchfun

Postwhores - gotta love 'em.
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not concerned about this in the least. No I am not a moron and using my home address.

I will call them tomorrow and see what is up and explain the bait... depending on how it goes it might ask for the envelope back.. it is my trophy after all. Might even ask for a copy of the check.
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I talked to Rose. No big deal. I did not ask for the envlope or a copy of the check. Did say that if my baiting name kept popping up it could draw some attention, but from reading the code, I do not see why.... I be guilty of anything I would have to have the intent to pass these checks off as real and I mark each and every one as soon as I get it as FAKE in big red ink.... So there is no intent.

So no big deal. I might change my drop box to another company... and change my baiting name after I finish the baits I have going.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic