SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Yahoo phishing / fraud scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got this today from trhe Dubai online publication 7 Days ......

Quote:

I have been a regular user of Yahoo since the last seven years and I encountered no problems of hacking. In the last week, I received a very genuine looking email from some yahoo address telling me that in order to keep my Yahoo account alive and active, I needed to reconfirm the details of User Name, Password, Date of Birth and Residence. And not having any second doubts, as I was so much pretty confident it would be from Yahoo Mail I divulged my details only to be trapped by a hacker from Nigeria. He got into my email, changed the password (to ensure i cannot use it anymore) and sent a mail to all my 426 contacts on the address list that I am stranded in Nigeria and need $3500 urgently which had to be sent to the Hotel Manager in Lagos Nigeria through WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER. Those of my friends and relatives thinking it was really me who was in trouble and need of money replied back and got the messge with his telephone number and contact details. However getting the Yahoo customer care took me some time and I spoke to Western Union to act in the matter. I kept getting numerous calls from all over to check if I was in Nigeria. But those who know about the criminal minds of Nigerians would surely not fall prey. Why is it that Nigerians stoop to such a level of blackmailing people and asking for money this way - why cannot they just get it the hard way of earning it??
Inspite of us reading of so many hoax mails, I really don�t know how this happened to me and I would like to warn every Yahoo mail user - please please please know that Yahoo is not as safe as you think. Please close your Yahoo mail and safer to be on the emirates.net.ae where atleast Etisalat would be more cooperative in tackling the issue.
Thanks and Regards
Elaine Fernandes
Dubai

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Etisalat safer than Yahoo?! Yeah, right! Etisalat's a bunch of complete twits... At least Yahoo's free, with Etisalat you pay through the nose for crappy monopoly ISP services which are heavily censored... Confused

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I must admit the same thought went through my mind, on the other hand they wouldn't tolerate any crap from Nigerian scammers, but they aren't exactly proponenets of free speech!
Is Skype still blocked out there?

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
Luther Blissett
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, Skype's still blocked (at the beginning it was only the Skype accounts page, but you could use it if you had already set up an account & got a friend to put money in from abroad), but now it's the entire Skype.
Also blocked are (just a few examples): Youtube, Myspace (but not Friendster, funny enough), and all sites hosted on a domain of the country we're not supposed to be speaking about in this part of the world Evil or Very Mad

And as for phishing attacks and general email spam: You get even more of that if you're exclusively using an Etisalat email account (customers of several banks in the region were targeted in 2006) and Etisalat's spam filters are far worse than Yahoo's for example.

Saying that, progress is being made: You now have a choice as two mobile phone provider in the UAE, either Etisalat or "du" - both, of course, owned by the UAE government so the choice is purely cosmetic...

/EDIT: Btw, "7 Days" are almost even bigger twits than Etisalat Wink

Banks: Ivory Coast Netherlands United Kingdom Ghana United Nations x1 Nigeria x2 Law Firms: South Africa United Kingdom Nigeria x1 Misc. Mugu Pooh: United Kingdom China x1 United Nations x2 HYIPs: pyramid x25 Phonelad Websites: Cellphone x6

Donate the Nurse, the Eater needs Pants... Err? * Scamwarners.com * Artists against 419 * Kill HYIPs & Ponzi Scams!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic