SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Unsolicited calls.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NOTHING to do with baiting at all.
" Hello, is that the man of the house?" But don't just reject it as tele sales. You have to spread good in the world. Ask if they are on commission. If so leave politely ASAP. If not, you have some options to maximise their wages for nothing. A gentle probe and some thought will enable best methods, and ensure they are paid for their work with minimal effort. Enjoy the chat!

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any suggestions about unsolicited posts?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Began Steele wrote:
you have some options to maximise their wages

Why would I want to do that? I mean I payed attention at school so I have found a decent job which doesn't involve disturbing other people. None of them helped me achieving that.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you live in the UK...3 little words...Telephone Preference Service...works wonders.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll beat your 3 words. Ex directory. The only people that ever call me are people I want to call me. I've had maybe a half dozen callers in 10 years.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I ask them to hold on a moment, put the phone down, and go back to what I was doing. If they are still on after a few minutes, I ask them to hold just a bit longer................

I think you are looking for someone to transfer your aids sickness to,God punish you ther fool,you white beast.i wish you go and die just like your whole family did,ANIMAL. - K. Lewis

i don't want you to help me anymore because you useing my life like a rat ok. - Peee Ubanga

All l need from you now is to clam down your self please. - James Duma
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been extremely polite to them. I asked them to hold on while I get the person the want to speak to. After about 15 minutes on hold I check back, and if they are still there I ask them to hold some more. I've managed about 45 minutes on one. He even called back later for another wait.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Sgt Cho
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apparently here in Australia, alot of telemarketers call around dinnertime. My family has a traditional dinner around the table and we put our answering machine on. I mean if its really important people will call back.

Hence around that hotzone for telemarketers, we usually arent answering the phone. I dont know about other countries but that eliminates alot of calls.

The few that get through (by ringing at other times) I usually let them give me thier drivel, then ask to put the supervisor on, then insult him till he hangs up. Why should the supervisor get paid more and harrased less?

Yeah, I know, most telemarketers are single mums, or uni students, or whatever making a living. But they lost my sympathy the moment they chose to harras me in my own home.

'call me what ever you like my God is biger than yours amen' bekija zuma

'why is the government allowing people like you to live among human beings. People like you are suppose to be at the zoo.' janice churton

'Please come and f* me my love,your bobs are driving me crazy' EO

Cellphone x 88 Mortar x2
Orbter
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In a couple of months, Australia is setting up a "do not call" register, where it is an offence for telemarketers, etc to call any number registered on the list. And they get big fines if they do...

Can't wait until it's up and running!

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank God! At last! I have the misfortune to be the name on our phone bill so I'm the one who gets the calls. And yes, it's always around 6pm from a call centre in Mumbai. I do kinda feel sorry for these peons who earn a pittance for hassling people to buy a new mobile phone plan or to tell me I've won a fantastic holiday but I usually just hang up I'm afraid.

Can anyone here with a sales background please tell me how effective cold calling actually is? What percentage of people actually say "yes please" and is that one acceptance worth the hundreds of people who tell you to p*ss off?

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Nick L Cadmium
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always politely say it's a bad time, but if they give me their home number I'll call them back when it's better.

Not one number so far. Funny that........

I also used to get alot of calls from stock churners in Singapore, I used to ask them for their tax returns for the last 5 years and if they have made better returns than me I'd consider it. I got that one from a Warren Buffett book (I think). Same response.

It will be better if you can give me your mother to have some nice sex with her - Mosola Mickelson
TO HELL WITH YOU MR. MACK TRUQUE WHAT A HOPELESS ANIMAL YOU ARE - Susan Yehuda
MONEY TALKS BULL-SHIRT WORKS - Mrs Angel Macathy (orphanage scambag)
Azure Sonnet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are in the UK the TPS is an absolute lifesaver - plus it is SO satisfying to hear the caller panic and backtrack as soon as you mention that you are on the list - the company gets around a �3000 fine for each breach of the agreement! You can also enter your physical address or mobile number for letters or texts.

I once worked for a call centre who stated that they did NOT cold call. When I started I found out that anyone who had so much as not ticked a tiny box at the bottom of a questionnaire from the company's sister of a sister of an aunts company, regardless of what the questionnaires subject was, constituted acceptance to be called.

That was one of the WORST jobs I've ever had! I can't sell to save my life!

It was the consolidating your debts thing. Most calls were made on weeknights, around Eastenders/Corrie time, and the wonderful computer system didn't show whether it was Mr or Mrs Smith I was calling. If you call someone and ask "Is Mr or Mrs Smith available?", you get sussed as a sales call straight away.

Then there was the godawful sales patter, where we were actually advised to make the customer seem stupid if they tried to say No. If you didn't get through, you had to reschedule for one hour. After that, six, then twelve, then twenty four hours. If the person went mental at you and wanted to be removed from your lists permanently, the most you could do was reschedule for three months time!!

The only exception was if someone was on the TPS. Then a manager was able to remove them from the list. No cold calling my backside...

...you have kept me under expectation by giving a slap of love and i can't hold myself... you have fastinated my love... You are sweat. i want to parade my love with you - Karmin Buhahi, my first *sigh*
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^

Never worked in a call centre but it sounds like hell. If I had the choice of 2 jobs cold calling or cleaning pub toilets with a toothbrush I wouldn't hesitate in taking the latter.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i had a right good chat once with a guy who worked for my mobile phone provider, he was stuck all day in a callcentre at what sounded like the Scottish equivalent of Craggy Island.

As I'm a good listener, and let him sound off about how crap his job was, he ended up upgrading me from my craptastic bottom of the range basic mobile to the latest all singing all dancing video/radio/MP3 mobile at no extra cost, waiving the extortionate 'upgrade fee'.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am ex-directory and still get unwanted calls. Some companies have machines runing through all numbers and they are often 'silent calls' as they only get handled if there is someone free at the call centre to pick it up. Sometimes it only rings two or three times, so I got an answerphone to deal with that nuisance, and now they pay for every call at least.

Some companies have been fined for this practice, but it is a paltry amount.

Often when you buy a pc or ask for a service they ask for a phone number. I use a redirect service for baiting and the benefit of that is that it is extra expensive for incoming calls and I can use it in combination with my answerphone or mobile, whichever I choose. From now on, if people ask for my number for no good reason, that's the one they'll get.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Ima_Hogg
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My favorite thing to do was to give my two year old the phone to play with whenever I got a phone call from them. I'd wait about 15 minutes or when he got tired of playing with the phone and then hang it up.
Another time, my DH was on the phone with one of them acting as though he was in the middle of masterbating himself. He said the guy would hesitate a few times during his "moans" before he hung up. Other times, my DH would act like a total retard on the phone. As mean as it was, it was funny as hell to do!
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima_Hogg wrote:
... my DH...

Darling husband? Decision height?

I put them on speaker phone and bait at the same time. There are times when I get into a real roll, typing away and they can hear it and they pause. If they are doing some market survey, its fun to open up a browser and Google their topics. I answer all their questions while still baiting away.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Ima_Hogg
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, I forget not everybody knows what DH is. DH is Dear Husband. Very Happy
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don�t know if this has been mentioned before, but here you can find a counterscript for telemarketers Wink

http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
StewG
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I worked for about a month as a telemarketer for a company that sold windows (for your house, not for your computer) a couple of summers ago. Basically it was surprising how many people were much nicer than I had though, usually people would just say "I'm not interested" politely and hang up, the problem with this is that then we'd just put them on the "call them back tomorrow" list, the only way to reliably get telemarketers not to call you is to say "Please take me off of your list" then they legally have to or else they face stiff fines (as mentioned above) The most shocking thing I found was just how few people could speak English (in New England) and we know that they weren't just pretending that they could only speak Spanish because I worked with a guy who could speak Spanish and he would if they claimed to not be able to speak English, usually they really couldn't. It was at least 50% of the population in urban areas that could speak little to no english. Crying or Very sad

"i have nor been to the western union and i got embarrass like this b4 ,ad it been i dont have a good reputation i would have been arrested for taking a fake information to collect money in the western union" -- B4rrist3r Il0 Ch4mb3rs
Shazbot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I worked one summer as a telemarketer. I wouldn't go back, but it beats starving.

The people to get pissed at are the jackass companies that do very little work on their records.. if you don't call people who want it, you won't get any results, and you'll just make life hell for everyone.

I think the all-time low for a bad record was a lift.
sweet_elle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One word.... soundboards!

Basically type the name of an actor/film + soundboard in google and a board of a whole lotta catchphrases from that film/person will show up.

Choose your phrases and you'll be content for ages as they reply to them... especially if they dont recognise who the actor is. Arnie is fantastic!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic