SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Morality

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am a baiter of my own free will and choice and it is my intention to bait seriously and hard to create real damage, mainly of a psychological nature, actual loss and hindrance where possible, but where do you draw the line, and where do you show compassion, if at all ?

This is a question I must answer for myself, but it is an intersting moral dilemma that all baiters may have to face at some time.

My main Mugu - I know as Mr Tooty Frooty is an amiable fool. I took him way of script ages ago and neither of us recall what his scam was. He is lovesick like a puppy and is there to do my bidding. My first mugu to be under my total control.

Recently I got a sharp change of direction and a preposterous story about a fire in which $7.500 of his cash got burned up. Clearly tring to get a cash scam back in play. Is this a sign of an uga's intervention ? Within 24 hours I got a short terse message that he was sick and going to hospital, and today this came.

Quote:
Dear sister Luddy,

How are you? I hope you are fine? Thanks are to GOD.

My big brother Tututi directs me to send you this mail. I printed you message to him and he read it and ask me to thank you and for your consign on what that happen to us. But we strongly believe in the almighty Father, he will take control. Tutu is getting ok, but his DOCTOR told us that he need rest and by his grace he will be discharge later today ok.

Tututi tell us much about you and we are very happy for that. He LOVES you and I pray we shall all met as he made us to understand. As soon as he is discharge today he will get back to you ok.
I am JANET GARET XXXXXX,I am 11 years old.

GOD blesses you.

Ms.janet garet xxxxx

If this is a scam it's way beyond my mugu's capacity to work out, and if this is true I feel some sensitivity at his situation. Of course I am a little concerned at the claimed source of this letter, as I don't think 11 year old's write in that manner.

Though I wouldn't wish to make a sick person suffer, I take the view that as long as his intent is to scam me, he is fair game, and I would only relent if he 'confesses' to me, but even then, there is no easy way out, as I am not what he thinks I am - a Russian fashion model.

I will make my own decision, but it's interesting to consider - where do you draw the line ? - is there a line to be drawn at all ? I just offer it for debate. I think I will end up damaging this mugu whichever way it turns out, and I may feel bad about it, but the die was cast when he sent his first scam mail.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a million of these morality posts in the forums.

As far as it goes for me, I have no problem getting these guys in sticky situations. Do I have a problem sending a lad to the middle of the desert without water? Nope. They go there by their own will. No one makes them. Does anyone MAKE them tattoo themselves? Nope. They do it be their own will.

So, if these people are choosing to do these things, then let them. But you set your limit, then work by that. After you see more and more of these guys, rest assured that your limit will change.

As far as a lad coming clean� that is not uncommon. But, I can assure you that he will come clean and then ask for money. I swear by that.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

These guys are heartless thieves that will say anything to get a few bucks out of people. Do not believe a single word that he is saying. He is lying to you.

Bait this guy to death if you can. He has free-will just like anyone else. If he decides to walk into a minefield, that's his problem, not yours.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17

Last edited by YeaWhatever on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dupes
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They will say anything to get your money, tell him you'll pay him the cash if he agrees to meet you in Somalia for it.
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't ever feel sorry for these guys. They feel no similar guilt about taking innocent victims for everything they have.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not trying to undermine the baiting cause. I think it's just that he's the first I have had under such control and I have a tiny feeling of concern at the power in my hands. Looking for reassurance from the more experienced baiters I guess.

The way it's going this mugu's brain will be a mess by the time I've finished, but he started a scam and I started a fairy story - so it can't end happily.

Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GomerPyle wrote:
... I wouldn't wish to make a sick person suffer ...

If you told him you only pay money to people who murder their own grandmother, he'd send you a pick of an old lady's corpse.

These thieves only change their stories to try to get your money from a different angle. This happens frequently to baiters simply because baiters never pay anything.

You may also have been taken over by his boss (oga). The higher up you climb in the lad hierarchy, the better the English gets.

Btw, the hospital trick is one they also use on real victims. Almost every lad has to go to the hospital at some time during a scam. The bill is usually about $200 and he wants you to pay it. Has he lost his cell phone yet? He will.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The boundaries I impose on myself don't have anything to do with feeling sorry for the lads. It has to do with legal boundaries and ethical considerations. For instance, I don't cash bait and I don't art bait, since I feel uncomfortable involving a real artist in the bait. Pictures, handwriting, anything the lad can supply himself is fine with me. Other baiters here feel different and that is exactly what I like about Eater. We all have our own boundatries and are welcome to have them. What you feel (un)comfortable with is a question only you can answer.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
The bill is usually about $200.

That's also the cost of having 2 T-shirts printed up. Smile

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What everyone else said. Lying is an integral part of what lads do. If they think a lie will work on you, no matter what it is they'll try it. They'll claim to be reformed, dying, about to be killed, anything to try to con money out of a victim. Don't believe a word they say. You'll find the longer someone's been baiting the less likely they believe the scammer's stories, and with very good reason. We KNOW the lies they'll spin from experience.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Theses guys ARE sick people but still should be made to suffer. I would quite happily send one to the most dangerous, war torn area on the planet if they would go. As everyone else has said they do it of their own free will, guilt is wasted on these scumbags. Twisted Evil

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

would they feel bad about making you sell your house to get money for them? id say about 98% wouldnt bat an eyelid at taking you for every cent youre worth.
its important to remember that your dealing with professional liars when baiting, they wont get payed by being truthful. do what youre comfortible though. Smile
also, have a look at the "how low will lads go?" link in my sig. its worth a read.

Safari lagos to douala "i am tired of roaming west africa"

i like pretty flags. want your own?
46X United Kingdom 10X Cellphone 8X Nigeria 5X United States 5X Spain 5X Netherlands 4X Ghana 4X South Africa 4X Malaysia 3X Togo 3X Switzerland 3X (???) 2X Russia 2X Canada 2X Benin Sweden Isle Of Man Ivory Coast and a sierra leone diamond site.
Mortar x9
Nurse Nasty needs a new endoscope. Donate!
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a lot of people suffering in African countries but the African people who need aid cannot afford to go to Internet Cafes. If you want to help the truly needy in Africa give your money to one of the many fine legitimate charities that work in this area.

419 scammers as already pointed out will tell any lie they think they need to tell you to get money. Just think if you sent money to a scammer where it could end up? Human trafficking, drug trafficking (etc)
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okies - I got the message and will do what's necessary.

He's a scammer and I'm a baiter. Put a fox and a chicken in a pen together and there will only ever be one result. He's not spat out his scam yet, so I'll jump in first with my script that leads to a wedding in Ghana.

KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If decides to walk into a minefield, that's his problem, not yours.

That gives me a great idea for a safari Twisted Evil

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a baiter of my own free will and choice and it is my intention to bait seriously and hard to create real damage, mainly of a psychological nature, actual loss and hindrance where possible, but where do you draw the line, and where do you show compassion, if at all ?

That's how I bait too. If it's compassion you want to show, try some certain Mods. Laughing That's a joke, by the way. Otherwise, go after the scammers, all guns blazing. Zero compassion is my Mantra.
(runs away, and very fast, in fear of impending repurcussions for comments meant in a simply humerous way).

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Sgt Cho
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I give them the mercy and compassion that they would show me.

'call me what ever you like my God is biger than yours amen' bekija zuma

'why is the government allowing people like you to live among human beings. People like you are suppose to be at the zoo.' janice churton

'Please come and f* me my love,your bobs are driving me crazy' EO

Cellphone x 88 Mortar x2
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Joe, You better run fast>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as running, I can't, with the fake hips, so , I guess i'm screwed. Getting out of bed is a pain in the ass most days. Goodnight!

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad's default setting is "Liar". It's what they do for a living and they know exactly which buttons to press. If you are baiting as a naive Russian babe he will play the sympathy card and give you The Hospital Lie. If you bait as a slightly confused elderly man he will give you The 2 Day Deadline Lie. Assume everything he tells you is a lie and you won't be bothered by any nagging doubts about 'morality' because scammers certainly don't.

Tell your lad that you have to go into hospital for a few weeks and cease all contact and see how long he sticks around to see how the love of his life is doing.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the responses I read were good, and the only thing I can add is suggesting that you (re)read the Ethics of Scambaiting article.

http://www.419eater.com/html/ethics.htm

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm a very new baiter and haven't hooked anyone yet, but I'd stop short of having them send me a physical item of actual monetary value. Don't get me wrong - I thought it was awesome when Shiver scored a carving of his own head - but it seems a little far into illegal territory for my personal comfort.

I wouldn't have a safe way for them to send me things to begin with, though, so it's strictly hypothetical anyway.

Concerning cruelty, though, I expect to have no hang-ups. Smile
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got his request in shortly after - $700. This is one dumb and incompetent scammer.

Chester
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to break the mould slightly here...

There was one occasion, years ago, I dropped a bait because of a feeling of guilt. I got a photo trophy from a scammer and the 'model' in the photo was no older than 14 and had a look of genuine fear in his eyes. I'm fairly certain that the person in the photo was not the scammer but it was possible, it made me feel deeply uncomfortable. As a result I no longer go for photo trophies.

...I certainly don't feel the slightest bit of pity for the scammers but I do feel sorry for any children they may involve (even if they do know what's going on)

I now considir you to be brian dead...I never calll you agen monkey! - Dr. Frank Williams
The devil will shot you in hell with fire bullit, u will nevr have mi sister again. - Patrick Mubuto
i know you ar a idiot Coz can have sex. - Jane Pate
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Also remember that scammers lie for a living. Whilst you may spend a few hours a week telling porkies to these people, they make their entire living from it 24/7/365. Many do it so much that they sometimes believe the crap they spout themselves!

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic