SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do 'lads' work in teams?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bertie Magoo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm just curious as to whether the lads work in teams and there is some kind of hierarchal structure.

Although I'm still relatively inexperienced most of my baits have followed a similar pattern.

There is the standard opening set of emails and then once I'm 'hooked' a different character appears on the scene to take over, ie barrister etc. Once the 'barrister' takes over the standard of English seems to improve considerably.

It's almost like there is a chain. Mugu at the bottom of the tree blasts away with millions of emails and once he lands a sucker, he hands it up to chain to a more 'senior' mugu.

What do you think? I always just presumed it was the same mugu but now I'm having second thoughts on this!
pilgrim
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes the lad works alone, and plays the role of the initial solicitor, the banker, the lawyer, etc.

Sometimes the person who initially contacts you is just a small boy catcher in an organization. He may pass you on to a lawyer or banker played by a big boy. At the top may be an oga or boss who may or may not play a role. He gets most of the money from the victims.

United Kingdom x 140 Spain x 45 Togo x 2 Bahamas, The x 9 Ivory Coast x13 Flag Monaco x 3 Nigeria x 19 United States x 6 Netherlands x 41 Switzerland x 8 New Zealand x 2 Canada x 6 Senegal Ghana x 12 Hong Kong South Africa x 4 Cayman Islands x 4 Isle Of Man x 3 Russia United Nations x 21 Belgium x 2 Grenada United Arab Emirates x 7 Malaysia x 6 Benin x 2 Filipino flag Thailand Mugu Reseller Safari x 4 Mortar x 22 Closed lad accounts x 162+ Sand Timer
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Given what Pilgrim said, it can be often fun to demean the one lad to the other. For instance if your catcher turns you over to the diplomat/lawyer, you can keep the catcher in the loop by constantly complaining about the diplomat/lawyer -- how he's an idiot, how he can't be trusted, etc. Then if you can get the catcher to say something bad about the diplomat/lawyer, you immediately send that to him showing how his associate isn't a very loyal colleague. Alternatively, you can insult the diplomat/lawyer directly -- saying how he's not as smart or polished as the catcher (this is the best when it's obviously not true) -- it will occasionally drive the lads nuts. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check your IP's.

If you're dealing with an organized gang you'll see various locations such as the UK and The Netherlands.

If it's just one lad it will usually be the same IP from different emails all sent from the same internet cafe.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have always believed, that if it is the same lad playing all rolls, that you copy the lads on everything. That way, they get the same email in two or three accounts. It can be quite annoying for them.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got a lad to tell the "hacker" that his partner was ruining his scam. I was getting 2 distinct styles, supposedly from the same lad. This is the first time I had proof that there were 2 different people involved in one of my baits.
Joaquin
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Pilgrim wrote:
At the top may be an oga or boss who may or may not play a role. He gets most of the money from the victims.

�That's interesting! These lads have a solid and proven structure ... They have copied the "modality" from the oldest profession in the world ... Somebody does all the "hard" work and somebody else gets most of the money ...

Some minor changes the scammers made is that in the other "profession" instead of lads the "workers" are called "whores" ... And instead of Oga the big macho is called "pimp" ... And also, with these others the victims do get something for what they pay ... Even if it is AIDS or a venereal desease, but they do get something for their money ... So it is not risky free ... And payment is delivered directly, not through Western Union ... And most will even accept credit cards now ...

Seriously, very interesting topic. I am going to stay close to this one. I want to learn much more about how the whole scamming circus works.

Closed lad accounts x 46

dear sir
after waiting at the airport for 3 hours i did not see you, i was there till the last pilot came out, what is the position , are you in belgium or still in usa pls write me back , am confused - Patrick Williams

you must be a mad man why can,t you understand simple language it your
stupid mother that have head like that of sadam hussien that was hang
may your mouth bend to your back idiot i am helping you and you are talking trash.
francis mensah
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^
Joaquin, on the Letters Archive page there's a very interesting interview somebody did with some scammers, posing as a reporter. Of course they're all professional liars but he got some pretty consistent answers from all of them.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
Jeff
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ jojobean.
I forward and cc everything to all parties concerned from the very beginning. You're right. They don't like it at all! Even I get confused after a while Laughing

IF IT IS TRUE YOU ARE WRITING AND PAYING TO WHO I DONT KNOW I MUST MAKE SURE I CUT YOUR THROAT,ARE YOU STUPID?CANT YOU READ?IS THAT MY EMAIL?ARE YOU CRAZY?ARE YOU MAD?ARE YOU AN IMBECILE?YOU PAYED TO HIM AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT YOU PAYED HIM MONEY,IS THAT MY EMAIL?FUCK YOUR WIFE AND SCREEW YOUR KIDS,IDIOT AND HOPLESS HUMAN BEING LIKE YOU.DIE AND ROT IN HELL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Hong Kong France x2 Canada United States x2 United Kingdom x32 Ghana x12 Benin x2 Ivory Coast x2 cameroon Malaysia x7 Russia Spain x9 Netherlands Nigeria x7 Kenya Senegal Togo
pony GoatPretty Rose
Pith Helmet Accra to Tamale with Professor so/so
Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts x25or more
RedGadge
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in correspondence with two - a lawyer and a banker, who use the same IP address! I'm cutting the lawyer out of the deal, following his introductions, just to see how he'll react knowing fine well that I'm lying. But his problem of course is that he can't admit to knowing what the banker knows.

(")_(")~

you never sent any money ,as i went to western union moneytransfer office,and their was no transaction
of that nature. You lied to me rev. You claimed to be a man of God,but you dont keep your promise.
spot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Going back to JoJo's point .....

Sometimes when I'm dealing with a Lotto company, Payment Agent, Barrister and Security Dispatch Company. I put all four addresses in the "TO:-" field and write something that doesn't refer to any ONE of them.

Quote:
" I need to know if the dates you mentioned can be extended in any way"

and see who answers ...... then write back and say that I wasn't asking them, I was just asking the others ...... what's the "CC" thing ?

Dolores
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"CC" stands for "Carbon Copy," referring to those papers where what you write on one shows up on the one(s) under it. In email, it basically means the people in the CC list get a copy of the email as well.

I *think* the difference between that and just sending the email to all parties in the normal way is that in CC they can tell who the email was specifically directed to. I'm not 100% sure on that since I've never needed to use it myself...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic