SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Job offer scams and USP/FedEx

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed something on my shipping lables lately. All of them are sent on accounts and I have yet to see one paid with cash or credit card.

I suspect the sender is an employee somewhere legit and sending these fake checks on his boss's dime.

Ethics of baiting these morons when you suspect they use the innocent boss's dime to send them? Hmmm.

Or am I worried about little things?
Azure Sonnet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you think about that, then you have to worry that if it were paid by credit card, that would probably be stolen, and if it were cash the money would most likely have come from another victim...

You'll end up tying yourself in knots over this! Just remember your duty; The lad needs to feel pain.

...you have kept me under expectation by giving a slap of love and i can't hold myself... you have fastinated my love... You are sweat. i want to parade my love with you - Karmin Buhahi, my first *sigh*

Last edited by Azure Sonnet on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ambdrvr2
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And if you're lucky, the person pinching the boss' shipping labels will get caught and canned.....

"the phone is included with the extended file dilithium batteries" ....phonelad....

"we are located in United State, Kenturky."

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Might be worth a talk with the accounts department afor the shipping company ?

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having managed the ship/rec dept for my company for a bit, I can tell you that there are some simple tricks to get free shipping from fedex, but I dont want to post in an open forum and educate a passing lad. (or cross that boundary into illegal activity!)

@harrya - you could try calling fedex and explaining what you think is fraudulent use of an account number. I have never tried it, but I do know that this (fraudulent use of valid and/or invalid account numbers) costs fedex a significant amount of money every year and if you get the right manager on the phone, you might find a new way to impede the lad's operations! The trick will be getting someone to answer the phone who gives a crap! Mad

@mike - are the labels hand-written? or printed? one of my "free" tricks requires hand-written labels.
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well in that case your in the best position to nail them. My fingers are in my ears. I'm sure the carrier would have a fraud department that you submit info to.
However and I'm not being cynical (I would never be) all large organisations know it's happening and just charge it to the end user.

So next time you go to xyz-mart just remember youv'e already bought a 59" plasma TV, It's just that the looser next do has it and he never paid a cent

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

harrya wrote:
all large organisations know it's happening and just charge it to the end user.

Amen Brother!
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They are mostly hand written.

The account numbers are covered on my copy though so I would have a hard time passing it to a investigator.
firepilot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slap the mugu into giving you the accnt #. There used to be a thread here to report those numbers to
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@firepilot I would but I don't kwow which mugu sent what.... they never include email or contact info in the shipment...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic