SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Off to Hong Kong... restaurant suggestions?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On thursday, I'm leaving for a ten day trip to Hong Kong. This is my third trip there, but the first time that I'm staying on the island.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap eats in the North Point area? Our hotel is right by the Fortress Hill MTR.

I have an LP guide, and I'm familiar with the suggestions that can be found on travel websites. I'm looking for some first hand suggestions if possible.

Xie Xie!
Dresden
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to live in North Point, and as sad as this is, I cannot remember the name of the main drag there, but its where the North Point MTR station entrance is. All along there are local eateries that have the prices up in the windows, and they are where the locals eat cheaply.

Further north back from the North Point MTR Station is a shopping centre, and on northern the corner of that shopping centre is an upmarket pizza place. Its not cheap, but you can get a good pizza and a beer, and its one of the few western places around there.

If you like going to bars and getting western style bar food, head not far down to Wan Chai. The taxi drivers will know how to get there.

You probably speak Chinese already - but if you don't, to get to North Point is 'Buck Go'. Useful to tell taxi drivers.

The best place to go, bar none, is Lam Kwai Fong. Its the only really happening place in Hong Kong as far as nightspots go.

20:54:52 (non friend) ruth4mens: no dey spoil my runs
20:54:31 (non friend) ruth4mens: thunder strike uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
'The defendant says, that it was a negligent thing for the plaintiff to get up on the trampoline wearing roller skates. There is no doubt, that as a general proposition, that is correct,'
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Off to Hong Kong... restaurant suggestions?

I would go for a nice Chinese, mate Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Yeah! But what about Chinese take-away?

Where do you take it? Shocked
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dresden, I think the main drag in North Point is King Road. My hotel is right by the Fortress Hill MTR on Electric Road, which becomes Java Road in North Point. I'll just walk along King Road and see what turns up. I'm not really into bars. I appreciate the assistance.

Unfortunately, I don't speak any Chinese.

Kleindoofy: That was funny
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's about time we had another cat thread, it's been a while.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Walking along is the way to do it. I dated a local. This person said to walk along and go into the place that was really crowded. We would do this and we were never disappointed. Forget the guides, go for the food. If there were not at least two people waiting to go in, its not worth it was the explanation.

Years later, I was explaining that to a co-worker when we were in San Francisco's Chinatown. Armed with a guide that had been ticked off by someone, he twisted my arm into going into a second floor dive. It was horrible. Lunch took two hours and was just old. We were the only ones in there but were totally ignored. It took so long that our car ended up being towed and between finding out where it was, getting there with no car and bailing it out, we did no get back to our hotel until 1 A. M.

Cats and Chinese food? Hummm. What are you trying to say Don?
Ever read the book 101 ways to wok your dog? Laughing

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that serving dog and cat, at least in restaurants, is illegal in Hong Kong. My understanding is that aficionados of these meats have to cross into Shenzhen in order to indulge.

Crowded places, huh? I'll try, but man, I hate crowds.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
... wok your dog ...

Or how about a little "Wok and Roll"? Wink
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

may be some fook hing while you are away

soz

Embarassed

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

remmy223 wrote:
may be some fook hing while you are away

Oh, there'll be plenty of that, I assure you. Unfortunately, my girlfriend steadfastly refuses to do the mile high thing. It's a frickin' sixteen and a half hour flight from Newark. What the hell are we supposed to do?
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just don't order Sweet N Sour Pork, Lemon Chicken, or anything like that. You have to try some of the authentic Chinese stuff. Peking Duck is delicious and some places have an option to split the duck into 2 dishes: one dish is the usual bun wrapped, the second dish is stir fried duck and vegetables. Now where's the drool icon when you need one?

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
DrBillBlaze
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I've been there a few times before, so I know that General Tso's Chicken, etc. is not on the menu.
Nick L Cadmium
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm an ex-HK belonger, and advice to go for the crowded places is unbeatable.

I was there over Chinese New Year a few years ago when hardly anything was open, and used two restaurants. One was a tip from a friend and the other was a crowded pot-luck walk-in, no prizes for guessing which I would go back to.

It will be better if you can give me your mother to have some nice sex with her - Mosola Mickelson
TO HELL WITH YOU MR. MACK TRUQUE WHAT A HOPELESS ANIMAL YOU ARE - Susan Yehuda
MONEY TALKS BULL-SHIRT WORKS - Mrs Angel Macathy (orphanage scambag)
Dresden
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is also a very famous place that sells waffles, just on the first cross street back north from the MTR station. The first cross-street back heading north, and you turn right. On the right hand side of the street about, 5 metres back from the curb up the street you will see people queuing frantically for waffles. My ex-gf that was a local said the place was very famous, and she used to buy me some waffles from there.

If you want to get there by cab, tell the driver to go to Gong Bung Seng, Buck Go, which is the main building in the centre of the street that if you imagine is a horsehoe, and that building is at the top of it. On the right hand side of the horseshoe, near the base, is the waffle shop.

The street will be recognisable, because on the opposite side of the street is an outpost of a university (a business school I think) and to the right of that is an HSBC.

20:54:52 (non friend) ruth4mens: no dey spoil my runs
20:54:31 (non friend) ruth4mens: thunder strike uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
'The defendant says, that it was a negligent thing for the plaintiff to get up on the trampoline wearing roller skates. There is no doubt, that as a general proposition, that is correct,'
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic