SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

scambaiting as therapy

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lot of crappy things going on in my life right now, and I am increasing finding that I wanting to take my frustrations out on my wonderful lad (he being number one on the V3rifis3c hall of fame). I have so many wonderful ideas poping into my head as to what to do that stupid fellow, I don't know which one to go with. I just wish he would contact me again!

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand the therapy aspect of it.

Whenever I'm not dating anyone on a regular basis, I tend to have two or three baits going, sometimes four. I guess it's my way of venting frustration, and I can't think of a better target for that frustration.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

when the dog died over Xmas, one of the first things I did was verbally kick sh*t out of one of my lads. Lost the bait but it helped get rid of the tension.

He's probably still sitting there wondering what he did wrong! Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I first stumbled upon Eater when my life was in a pretty dark place, and I found baiting a great way to take my mind off my troubles and know that I was doing a little good at the same time. It is still a fantastic feeling knowing that, even at the very first email, the game is won � unbeknownst to my lad, my moves are already planned, and my checkmate is unbeatable. Whatever the outcome and whatever the length of time spent, all the scammer�s efforts will come to nothing, and no matter how many baits I do, that feeling is always there. Smile

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
mugu_cultist
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've certainly used baiting as a way of dealing with stress in other parts of my life, but there's another somewhat therapeutic aspect to it for me: I use baiting as a way to teach myself to be a meaner person.

I know that sounds odd, but let me explain. In real life, I'm a nice guy -- maybe even a bit of a doormat at times, because I tend to want people I deal with to think of me favourably. In other words, I lack the naturally ability to be a jerk, even when the situation calls for it. In my job, my diplomatic touch has been a big asset, but it was offset somewhat by my difficulty in negotiation situations, dealing with nasty people, etc.

When I first started baiting, it was difficult for me to be mean to scammers, even though I knew full well that they are scumbags and don't deserve courtesy. To this day, I still have to overcome my natural tendency to be nice.

Baiting has taught me how to be a dick. Yes, that's a good thing.

"i really felt pity on the girl you marry. your pennis is like a cow." -- adams mensah

benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for you mugu cultist! Very Happy I'm a doormat myself but my confidence has increased immeasurably since I've been here (is it me or is this beginning to sound like aa Shocked )
Now I can say 'sod the lot of them' and mean it! Very Happy

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
st.piran
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've no longer been using my delta force games to shoot my temper off after work to chillout. I now check my mails etc, talk crap to 2 lads and if ive had a beer, I give them sh*t! My blood pressure and pulse rate have reduced since i've been doing this! You should get hold of the lancet! Laughing
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to admit my b*** s***ing skills are improving.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, baiting is GREAT therapy!! And since I have been called a "kiss-ass" to my face at work, I think I will call and verbally kick the sh*t out of a lad.. I will post it if anyone cares to hear it.. It will be everything I wanted to say to that b*tch but couldn't in front of management. (yes, I took it that far and will take the matter further if she wants to push her luck with me) Rolling Eyes

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I think it is theraputic, like alot of people it's boosted my confidence and as I too can be a doormat I find it great 'toughening-up" therapy.

Last edited by Rodus on Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hear you, mugu_cultist, as I am in the same boat. Not because of a lack of self esteem or anything like that, but just because I like being nice to people. I've been accused of running from problems, so this is very good for me.

pony <---- hee hee
Bertie Magoo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiting is great therapy Very Happy

Unfortunately I have a younger sister who was scammed. OK it wasn't great deal of money but due to personal circumstances at the time I 'wasn't there for her' to help her at the time.

I must to confess to feeling a lot of guilt over that as it's always much easier to spot the scam from a distance and no matter how much we think 'nobody could fall for that', people do.......even members of your own family Crying or Very sad

Getting involved in baiting has helped me a lot to overcome those guilt feelings Laughing
Lpico
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to get in trouble at work for being too meek to stand up to angry customers, and giving them what they wanted. I'm pretty conflict-avoidant, and I think scambaiting is also really helping me get more confident about yelling at someone who deserves it.

I still have yet to yell at a scammer over the phone. But when that day comes, I think I'll enjoy it. Wish me luck. Laughing

smileyboy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I find it a great way to get rid of anger...it's also just so much damn fun Very Happy

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's very therapeutic - and taking it out on the lads saves me from having to load up EverQuest to kill goblins!

We have on our programms according to the lay down rules to pay the Asians mostly the indians and malasians now and after that it may change. Rev. James Ucheomma

do you really think that i am just a stupid man like you,listen for the veru last time if i did'nt see XXXX after 24 hours you will heat your self.. [love scammer Chucks]

IT'S NOT I LOOKING FOR WORK.GOD FORBID.I CAN BE IN AN OCEAN AND WASH MY HEAD WITH MY SPIT. THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
MARK DOUGLAS.

United Kingdom France 2 x Netherlands
Cellphone
Safari See SP's Irish Safari!
Mortar x14
Golden Pith

Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's been a trying day today.

I am going to re-charge, and take it out on a lad.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
Cap419kicker
Ye Olde Privy Smythe

Location: Pushing truck selling Obama shirts on Ring Road Lagos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the way I can relieve stress by screwing with some scumbag. You know, maybe it makes me feel just. These mugu mugoids deserve it. Exploiting the sick for gain. It drives me mad; but to have a lad in south africa convinced I will be there in three weeks to make a deal is somehow satisfying. Sucka!!!!

"Your information is safe with me and will not be used anonymously"-- Dal Cal� Maccio
"you are as useless as your e-mail sound. bingo like." ---Zinriszal Bin Selamat
pony pony pony
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The masters on this site have taught Me that ANYTHING is possible IRL. Just need to move it a little at a time.
Dart
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I often deal with ignorant people that I cannot screw with just for the hell of it.

I get to play the bigger idiot to an idiot and have a bit of turn-about.

There is a certain level of satisfaction to answer a specific question or request with a question that is neither relevant nor helpful and thereby avoid getting to the task at hand.

I'm not so much a vampire as a mosquito.
Lpico
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^scambaiting as training for politicians!

Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Shhh. They're bad enough, they don't need any help in that department.

pony <---- hee hee
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For me, scambaiting has a kind of negative side effect. It is because I have a rule in my life, and that is to always tell the truth and not to lie (not even small lies). I really go by this rule in my life and now there is scambaiting.
Here I have to lie to the lads all the time, scambaiting is mainly about lies. Somehow this puts me in a kind of dilemma Sad But in the end I see the greater benefit of these lies and that I don�t do that for my own sake. Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
Aunt Dahlia
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's a great way to take out your anger on real idiots that are stuffing you around.
Say it all to the scammer instead.
Brilliant therapy!
The scammer won't know what hit him!
A lot of people probably don't even know how much unknown anger they have, that is why they develop allergies, etc. Often a good blow off of steam can make your allergy or whatever illness f off for good.

So... scammers can be very good therapy indeed! Great excuse for causing them grief, anyway. Laughing
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No doubt about it. I have ongoing health problems that are not life threatening, but give me constant trouble. It will be treated eventually but my doctors are trying everything to avoid surgery because its in a dangerous place near my ear hole.

Having lads to kick when I'm having an off day is the best therapy going, and means my friends and relatives don't get it in the neck as I can vent my frustration on my mugus.

They should make it available on the national health in my opinion. Very Happy

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Dan Druff
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Similiar to iMike's post, I had to take the youngest of my 2 cats to the vets this morning to get her put down. My lads have been sent to hell and back today as a result. Does it make me feel better? Well no, but what the hell. Evil or Very Mad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic