SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Imagine explaining THIS to US customs

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
pwwbear
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would love to be a fly on the wall when they drive up to the customs check and get asked "what do have to declare?"

Good samaritans offer California skunk a ride home
Thu Jan 18, 6:58 PM

MONTREAL (AFP) - A California skunk that hitched a ride aboard a commercial truck to Canada this month has found safe passage back home after causing a stink here.

"We do have a confirmed ride to California for the little skunk," said Nathalie Karvonen of the Toronto Wildlife Center, which cared for the animal during its Canadian stay.

The four-pound (1.8-kilogram) female had traveled nearly 3,100 miles (5,000 kilometers) in five days without food or water in a sealed container, arriving in Canada slightly dehydrated but otherwise unharmed.

Canadian wildlife authorities believe it fell asleep in a large rubber pipe that was loaded onto the big rig in Torrance, California, in late December.

But they struggled to arrange a return trip for the critter because airlines and trucking firms were concerned it might get spooked en route and release a torrent of stench.

It would be illegal to release a foreign species in Canada. Anyhow, it would probably die in a scrap with its bigger Canadian cousins if released here, Karvonen said, explaining that skunks are very territorial.

And, euthanizing a healthy animal was not an option, she insisted.

A California radio host, Tracy Nealy, and her producer Ryan Miller finally heeded a plea for help, agreeing to come get the skunk and drive it back home, Karvonen said.

They are expected to pick up the black and white skunk at the Canada-US border near Buffalo or Detroit in about 10 days, she said.

Their return route is being plotted and other arrangements are being made to feed and care for the critter along the way.

However, Karvonen could not guarantee a stink-free trip.

Although the skunk traveled all the way to Canada without incident and "sprayed only a little bit" when it first arrived at the temporary wildlife refuge because "there were a lot of needles being stuck in her and a lot of scary stuff" happening, "you can never make promises when it comes to wild animal," she pointed out.

Copyright � 2007 Agence France Presse.

TRY AND PUT THIS ARTICLE OF MINE ON U'R 419EATERS CLUB...TELL U'R SITE FRIENDS THAT I GOT U N THEM IN A STREET OF GAME FIGHT...I AM WAITING FOR YOU GUYS TO DO WHAT U THINK U WANT TO DO TO ME - rev. botchway
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I smell something funny with this story........
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree, it is a bit on the nose...

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most interesting.

Thank you and regards,

Won Luong Pong

Adam Zapple
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I was sent a bulletin on this! One of my MySpace friends is an animal activist and she wrote the bulletin to see if anyone would be interested in helping get this little petunia home. Glad to see someone is helping out! Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic