SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I have ordered a new computer (UPDATE: cancelled order)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just ordered a new computer from the catalogue, after some research I decided to not have a desktop this time, instead, I have ordered a Hewlett Packard laptop:

Quote:
HP Widescreen 17 Ins Turion TFT Laptop

Here's the technical bit:

Four USB ports
Integrated 3-in-1 Card Reader
AMD Turion 64 X2 (dual core processor)
2Gb RAM
120Gb HDD
DVDRW Drive
WiFi
Bluetooth
Digital TV Tuner with remote
Webcam
Windows XP Media Centre
1 years manufacturers warranty
etc etc.

Only one annoying problem, the delivery date is not until February 22nd, so I will have to make do with this dinosaur of a computer until then Mad, they said delivery "might" be sooner, depending on things, in any case, I will start bugging them via phone after a week asking for a delivery date, probably wont help, but it will make me feel better Laughing, roll on February jump_4_joy

[edit]

Edited to remove some details I pasted from the wrong computer review.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
GoldDalek
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats SP

Nice machine you have there.

Does that mean because its dual core, you'll be able to make twice as many posts as before? Very Happy

pony <---- because sometimes a rose just isn't enough- TS
Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts

Get a shiny name here - Internet Fraud Centre
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Of course, isn't that what duel hard core means? Laughing

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Make sure you invite us all over for the BBQ. Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

About bloody time too SP Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

GoldDalek wrote:
Does that mean because its dual core, you'll be able to make twice as many posts as before?

No, that does mean with the new PC he'll only make half as many posts because all the tech support questions won't be necessary anymore. Laughing

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
... ordered a new computer from the catalogue ...

Hmmm, I prefer to buy locally. That way I can bitch more easily if something's wrong.
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^I returned a laptop last summer two days after I bought it. Its HDD bearings started squealing after I formated.

Nice machine SP. I was checking it out on the HP website. Looks good. Don't pay them in advance using Western Union no matter how good the price may seem. Laughing

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hold the front page, I fixed my Win ME machine jump_4_joy Very Happy, and I have cancelled the order for the new laptop for now.

I stripped my Win ME computer right down, pulled things out, cleaned all contact points on anything I could find, cleaned the fan at the front and back, removed the battery and broke one of the plastic legs holding it in place at the same time, superglued it back together and put it back in, any plugs or straps were unplugged cleaned and plugged back in, then I hoovered it all out.

I turned the computer back on to test it, I got a black screen Crying or Very sad, but none of the error beeps Very Happy, then it suddenly said miscrsoft and some mumbers were tumbling, then it said save settings by pressing F1, which I did, then the next message said the time and date were wrong, save with F1 again and it booted straight up, only had to change the date which was January 1980, now I am a happy bunny again back on broadband, I have no ide how I used to manage on Win 95 with dial up connection, lets see how long my computer lasts this time, I reckon I will strip it down every few months for a good clean Very Happy

I am going to email myself all my website files and favourites list just in case it crashes again and is not recoverable, I thought I had lost the lot this time!

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, SP, we'll all just wait five minutes until it croaks again. Wink

Btw, did you change the little battery on the board? If not, it will just die again and wou'll lose your BIOS setup information, including beeps and F1 notice.
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Give it a month, then you can get a new one with Vista.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ KD, I didn't change the battery, just took it out, cleaned it and put it back in.

@ A Skinner, yes, I am hoping this computer now last me until about June this year, that's when we will get the new autumn/winter catalogue and all the cpmputers will have Vista installed on them, so it's probably done me a favour getting this back up and running as Vista will be introduced to the public in 9 days from now.

Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope you didn't contract cancer from the dust! Who knows what's in there! Wink

pony <---- hee hee
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
... I didn't change the battery ...

Tick, tock, tick, tock ... Wink
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
I didn't change the battery, just took it out, cleaned it and put it back in.

You're best off putting a fresh one in. I just bought a new one for my wife's PC. �2 in Tesco. Look for a CR2032. And avoid touching it with your bare skin when fitting it. The tiny layer of grease you leave on it from doing so diminishes it's life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like you won't have to hit it with a hammer. Its amazing how well things work after a good hoovering. Laughing

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don wrote:
No, that does mean with the new PC he'll only make half as many posts because all the tech support questions won't be necessary anymore.

So much for that! Looks like the SP Win98 tech support forum will be going strong for another 5 months or so Wink

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Not to mention the Win ME tech support....and I thought, that they all commited suicide a few months after it has been released Wink Laughing Laughing

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
spot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was beginning to wonder why a certain post whore suddenly stopped posting at http://www.gadgetdetective.com/ Smile

Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Connie L. Gus wrote:
Sounds like you won't have to hit it with a hammer. Its amazing how well things work after a good hoovering. Laughing

Really? I usually go to sleep after I get Hoovered.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic