SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paypal Scams - Can We Make Life Difficult?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cahuna
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Fellow Baiters,

What can we do to make life a little more difficult for the Paypal scammers? Obviously reporting them to [email protected] is a start but not much fun in that (already done by the way). An automated response doesn't fill me personally with much hope we're frustrating them (the scammers not Paypal). Does anyone have any suggestions?

This latest one looks good until you hit the usual strong command of the English language. No prizes for spotting it...still, overall looks pretty convincing (in original format) and to most people, this is easier to fall for than our usual lottery, person died in a plane crash (check this website out...), hotel jobs in Canada, Love you long time, etc. scam.

I must admit, these worry me more (in a scamming my dear old Mum sense) than the boys we play with.

Here's the one received today (to my baiting account - which I obviously registered with paypal for my ebay purchases...)

Looking forward to comments folks,
Cahuna.

Subject: New email address added to your PayPal account
-----------------------------------------------------------
Unauthorized access to your PayPal account!

We recently noticed more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.

If you accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you are the rightull holder of the account, please visit Paypal as soon as possible to verify your identity:

Click here to verify your account

(can't paste this in but the url is - click at own risk!Smile

http://www.winwalls.com/webscrcmd=_login-submit/

You can also verify your account by logging into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/us/.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise (Ed - Here we go...) but to temporaly suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend to verify your account in that time.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP468
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think we can mess with these paypal scammers or phisers directly. They setup temporary e-mails and websites. Most of them won't even last pass 2 hours. They are just their to gather personal info, account info, credit cards, passwords, etc...

It would be a waste of our time and resources to mess with them. It's must better to report them in and leave the rest to the ISP.

I'm sure some are involved in a 419 type of scam as well through another account. If so, hopefully a baiter will get his/her claws on one of them.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
mike hunter
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Paypal will do it themselves soon.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/paypal/paypal-introduces-securid-tokens-229035.php
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got the same email this morning, except mine only had the second link in it. Filed in the trash...

I don't have P@p@l...
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moved here before everyone reports his spam. Nothing to do with baiting as such.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
cahuna
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apologies Don for posting in wrong section. Still finding my way around. Cahuna.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can post them here...

http://www.phishfighting.com/

Open up multiple windows and copy and paste in the phishers addy for maximum effect.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
BobCat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Depends on which paypal scammers.

if we're talking about those trying to scam people with fake payments, or payments funded with stolen credit cards, or those running MMF scams: [email protected]

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
sorcerer88
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe it is the responsiblity of the pay pal organization and or eBay (which owns pay pal )to do something to stop the spammers and fakes or spoofs. I recently got an email supposedly from paypal asking me to upgrade the account with a credit card. they gave the credit card number last 4 digits and said that is was about to expire. funny thing is that I do not use a credit card. also any credit card used to establish the account did not expire and have a different last 4 digits. probably some scamster trying to get instant transfer to his or her own credit card. to reiterate, the owners of pay pay/ebay must step in and police their own business. protect their own turf

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I believe it is the responsiblity of the pay pal organization and or eBay (which owns pay pal )to do something to stop the spammers and fakes or spoofs.

Paypal/Ebay have enough on their plate tracking down legitmate users who misuse their services- I don't see how they can also be responsible for pinheaded thieves who spoof them.

That would be similar to me blaming Bank of Oklahoma because I received a spoofed bank notification telling me that I need to update my account or blaming the US Government because somebody passed me a fake $20 bill. Rolling Eyes

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
GR8SHAYAR
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

to make your self saf from scammers you must know hoy they can scam you and let others also know whathappened with you .you can go and check out new way scams and tell others also how you got scammed . There were similair stories about paypal on http://www.aboutpaypal.org
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whatever you do, don't ever click to their sites. They're usually crawling with spyware, Trojans, and other crap you definitely don't want on your computer. Any false info you enter won't inconvenience them enough to be worthwhile anyway.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
Stoker Thompson
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As far as I can see what we are trying to do here is to totally screw up their signal-to-noise ratio. Soooo. . . . . .

Do you think we can come up with an automated response system that will flood the address with 10's of thousands of responses?

That would be fun Very Happy
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have a policy against mail bombing- it is borderline spamming and illegal in some places depending on how it's done.

We also try to avoid necroing old theads- this one hasn't been active for many months.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic