SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Radio Stunt Goes Bad

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HarryNess
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone hear about this....Water Entoxication, I didn't think it was possible!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A Sacramento radio station fired 10 employees Tuesday, including its three morning disc jockeys, after a mother of three died following an on-air water-drinking contest last week at the station's studios.

http://www.nbc11.com/news/10762819/detail.html
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have never heard of such a contest.
It is horrible! Sad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There was a case in the UK a few years ago, where a girl died after panicking after taking ecstasy. As her friends had heard that you should drink plenty of water when you are on E's, they gave her her loads of the stuff with similar (fatal) results.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Holy CRAP!!! Shocked

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.urban75.com/Drugs/drugxtc1.html

Quote:
Dr John Henry, director of the National Poisons Unit at Guy's Hospital, said "I am not aware of anyone who has died as a result of an acute allergic reaction to Ecstasy. Her low plasma sodium level makes her death much more explicable. She drank a lot of water but with a lack of understanding of why she needed to drink water. Water is not an antidote to Ecstasy, it is an antidote to dancing."

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've heard of this too. I even think that CSI had an episode once where they covered this.

swissboney3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yep.water intoxication is not a very nice way to go at all.supposedly a very painful death. i learnt about it in a couple of science lessons a few years ago.

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Life is cheap. Very sad indeed that somebody has to die unnecessarily in pursuit of a 'prize' worth a paltry US$250.

Methinks it's going to cost somebody a lot more than that if, and when, it comes to court.

My thoughts are with her family.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember this being posted a while ago here about a radio contest/prize/gimmick/scam/whatever.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=391548

(old thread, please don't necro)
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ There was a similar one to that quite a few years ago, a radio station had a competition to win the keys to a Porsche sports car, not the car, you just won the keys, of course the radio station were having a laugh by doing this, someone duly won the competition and were given a set of Porsche car keys, they were not impressed, thinking they had won a Porsche, and sued the radio staion, I am not positive, but I think they may have won the case.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is tragic. I don't think I'd feel right keeping a prize won under these circumstances.

^^^^^SP, your post reminded me of the "Pepsi Points" promotion about 10 years back. They ran a commercial showing all the stuff you could get with enough points from Pepsi products, and the final prize was a Harrier jet. It was a joke, but some guy figured out that the cost of X million Pepsi Points was a whole lot less than a real jet, and he actually accumulated enough. He didn't get the jet but I'm sure he got a settlement from Pepsi.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For a Nintendo of all things. I could see killing yourself for an "All Night Extravaganza" at the Mustang Ranch, but not for a game system. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Local paper reported today she ingested two gallons. About 8 liters. But the sad thing was that it was to get something to give to her kids.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Dresden
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
^^^^^ There was a similar one to that quite a few years ago, a radio station had a competition to win the keys to a Porsche sports car, not the car, you just won the keys, of course the radio station were having a laugh by doing this, someone duly won the competition and were given a set of Porsche car keys, they were not impressed, thinking they had won a Porsche, and sued the radio staion, I am not positive, but I think they may have won the case.

I am not familiar with this case, but a Hooters restaurant had a competition for the waitress who sold the most beer to win 'a new Toyota!' and the person who won was given a new 'Toy Yoda' being a Star Wars action figure of the jedi master Yoda. Hooters was sued, and the contestant (a waitress at the store) settled the case on undisclosed terms.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002/05/09/toy-yoda.htm

20:54:52 (non friend) ruth4mens: no dey spoil my runs
20:54:31 (non friend) ruth4mens: thunder strike uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
'The defendant says, that it was a negligent thing for the plaintiff to get up on the trampoline wearing roller skates. There is no doubt, that as a general proposition, that is correct,'
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard the audio on the radio this morning. It is really sad, because most people would never think you can die from drinking too much water.

There were people who warned those running the show about it. They just made a joke and went on. I feel bad for the hosts, because I am sure they never dreamed it to come to this. But I can definitely say those releases that the people signed are not worth the paper on which they are written.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Jungle Jim
Northside Gurrier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A trunkbox to whomever can get their lad to drink 8 litres from Lekki Lagoon. Shocked

http://www.lagoswater.com/
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I read this thread but did not comment, however, last night I saw a thing about it on dateline. The woman who won was on it, she said that she had a "major headache" the next morning, she was very lucky.
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today in the U.S. we hear that the woman AND the radio idiots were warned about the risk. Supposedly the family will sue, and there is a backlash against the family. It seems to me that she and the radio folks were equally to blame. I feel really sad for her little children.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard about this from my dentist years ago - one of her patients had had really bad toothache and found that sipping water eased it somewhat, and had drunk about a gallon overnight. She warned him about the risks, and he was so shocked he forgot he was in pain still. Shocked

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Hugh Jundys
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Even more sad, the fact that it could have all been averted by using Gatorade or some other electrolyte sports drink instead. It's not the excess water that kills you, it's the fact that you wash away all the sodium in your system and throw off your electrolyte balance. Of course, that's not to say I would play or run this contest with Gatorade...

This problem first came to light in the fraternities, where kids were dying from alcohol poisoning, so they replaced it with water to simulate drinking games, with nasty and deadly results (since they could "safely" drink so much more water than alcohol).

pony <---- hee hee
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Morning USA radio show contests deserve a mention in miscellaneous scams. Because a lot of them are nothing but that. Sometime with horrific results, all for a laugh. Sick. Mad

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic