SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Meri-Gold Security Investment LTD

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lolzorz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They've offered a relative of mine a 'job' and so I've been searching them out, to see if it's a scam or not, because it was over the internet from a 'friend' of hers that she's only just met, and I came across this website, however, the thread with information on the website www.merigoldsecurityinvestment.com is gone. Is anyone familiar with this possible, probably a scam, website? I'd like to stop them from making a huge mistake, if it is.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Forget it.
The website does not exist.
If someone emails you (or your friend) out of the blue it'll be a scam.

If I had a 100 roubles for everyone who emailed me with a job offer then I'd be a rich girl. Laughing

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you sure about the URL? It looks dead to me, and the domain doesn't want to come up on whois.

[Edit] Beaten by B&B Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
lolzorz
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Breddan Butter: Haha, if only.

SlayerFaith: I searched the website they gave her on Google, my exact search words, "Merigoldsecurityinvestment." And two from the website came up, one from here, and one from whois.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Breddan Butter wrote:
... I'd be a ... girl.

The things you can do with money! Shocked
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If only this were the PWT- I'd be changing the title quicker than you could say, "Shocking Mod Confessions!" Laughing

Seriously, most likely this would have been a fake check scam- your friend would be asked to process fake checks or money orders, supposedly paid for goods. He or she would deposit the check into his bank account, keep anywhere from 7 to 10% and then wire the remainder to the "company".
Eventually the check would bounce and your friend would be held responsible for repaying the bank the amount, plus face possible criminal charges.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lolzorz,

I say again; the web site you have given is non-existent.

merigoldsecurityinvestment.com is probably an incorrect spelling.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

marigoldsecurityinvestment was contained in a post in the surplus forum, (thanks Chester Smile) but that gets weeded periodically, so the thread no longer exists. Google's cache has it still. That said, www.marigoldsecurityinvestment.com doesn't exist either.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
marigoldsecurityinvestment

That explains it. The domain marigoldsecurityinvestment.com does exist, the site has been killed.

Its still a scam, of course.

From the Whois:
Quote:
Creation date: 03 Aug 2006 16:40:14
Expiration date: 03 Aug 2007 16:40:14

Funny, the deaded site claimed they have been in business since 1972... Rolling Eyes

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
Funny, the deaded site claimed they have been in business since 1972... Rolling Eyes
In a parallel universe, maybe? Rolling Eyes

lolzorz, I re-read my post and realised you possibly wouldn't know what the surplus forum was. It's where people dump scammers' emails that they don't want to bait themselves. The fact that the fake site showed up there, with the info that Slayer has given Smile means that it is certainly fake, and your relative would be well advised to go nowhere near it. I hope they are also very grateful to you for checking. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic