SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Do lads share victims details?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A very weird thing has just happened.

When I started baiting about a two weeks ago, I opened a new email account, and sent my baiting letters from there. This is brand new email that is listed nowhere. I didn't put it on any guestbook at all. I just used it for the letters I took from the surplus forum or from another source of letters.

The name I used for the baiting is not common at all. I just googled it, and found just two results with it, none relates to my new mail address.

Few minutes ago I got a scam letter to that inbox. A new scam letter from the type of "X passed away, you have the same name (and they listed the name) why won't you claim the funds". The same false name from my baiting account.

How did they got my name? Is it possible the lads share details? It doesn't make any sense, such a thing might make a victim run away.

I am now in a two active baits, had a baiting letter that didn't get a reply, and another two that were gone. But this is all in two weeks.

What do I do with it? Answer? Ignore?

Edit: Another weird thing - they put the same "subject" for the email as one of my active baits. I actually thought it was from them again and wondered about the strange hour. Maybe they forgot their window open and some other lad was trying to still the victim?
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Addition - it seems they didn't leave their window open, they just wrote again. Really strange hour for them, and their English got way better then it used to. hmmm....

I don't undestand what's going on.
Captain Pike
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There was one bait that I had where I was using a nonpublished email from a character who worked his way into the bait.

Then he died in a ghastly auto accident, and so his assistant took over.

A few days after his death, he got a brand new scam letter.

I think in my case, the lads were testing me to see if that guy was really dead.

"On the 21st of April 2001, my client? His wife and their three children were involved in a plane crash of Union Transport Africans Flight Boeing 727 in Cotonou, Benin Republic on the December 26,2003" Barrister Olorunshogo Williams, 25 October 2004.

"I am in reciept of your mail,i want you to know that you are really getting on my nerves." Burt Hardley, Wellkang International, 20 November 2007

"Please worry, we have already advice the FBI and they don't need to call you. They are very brianliant and intelident. They will get you soon. " Mr. Paul Rogers, Global Medical Equipment, 20 November 2007

As of 26 February 2009, $2,231,983.53 of fake checks and money orders have been intercepted and removed from circulation.
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So maybe they are testing me to see if I'm a baiter or not?

In that case I should probably answer with "What? Do you want me to lie?" (the current baiting is not about that).
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

More than likely another lad in the cafe peeked at your guy's screen or notebook (the smart ones keep written notes in case their email accounts get canned). I've had this happen twice this week already. They don't care about other scammers, they just want to get some of your money for themselves.

If you don't feel comfortable with the second email you can always ignore it. Or better yet, post it in the surplus forum.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nalei wrote:
So maybe they are testing me to see if I'm a baiter or not?

No. Never. There's 2 more badgers out there than lads who will test whether you're a baiter or not.

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, this becomes even wierder!

I just checked the letters ip.

When I started the bait - the letters did come from South Africa. And the lads wanted me to buy a ticket, come to South Africa and bring them a lot of money.

They are usually lazy sending me one letter a day.

Today I got three letters from them. I just checked all of these ip's.

The letter from Yesterday arrived from South Africa as usual.

Two letters from Today got from Turkey (I understood that this is actually from Nigeria, because of some sattelite service), and the third one is from Nigeria. The English on three of them is much much better then the ones I got from South Africa + they have changed their request. They now want me to send them the money so they can buy me the ticket (and less money). But it is same bait. (although they do write on different hours).

The new scam letter is also from Nigeria.

I lost it completely now.
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads steal addresses from each other at every opportunity. It happens all the time. I've got a bait going now where it's obvious one lad stole my info and is trying to take over the scam by convincing me the other lad is a fraud. It's getting hilarious as they've each set up over 6 other characters apiece and are desperately slogging it out trying to persuade me that they're the real Soludo, or Ribadu, or whatever. I'm getting over 25 emails and at least 5 phone calls a day now. I just keep forwarding emails from one back to the other, they're absolutely apoplectic after a week of that. It takes me a couple of minutes, they're spending hours a day trying to win me back. (It helps that they believe I've already paid $25K so they're highly motivated.)

I would just forward the new email to the original lad and ask him what's going on, then write the new lad and say you're already collecting millions. They may decide to work together or they may duke it out. Either way it's a fun ride because you can keep playing them against each other.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another weird thing I noticed about all that:

From the beginning I had one email I was contacting to. Yesterday I got an email from them from a new address (sent from SA) saying that they are replacing their email from security reasons. I assumed their account was closed.

The Nigerian mails came from the old address, the one that was supposed to be changed. Maybe some Nigerian stole the Yahoo email account of the original SA scammers?
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, in the meanwhile I copied my reply to the old address - to a new email to the new address, ignoring anything that happened in between (it means I deleted the paragraph that wondered about the change of policy they had aobut the ticket buying).

I'll see what will happen.

Thanks for all the help. Maybe tomorrow I'll start launching the Nigerians into each other, while continue with the SA lads as nothing happened.
Chester
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Juan Freizwidatt wrote:
Lads steal addresses from each other at every opportunity.

Not only that, there is evidence that experienced lads will SELL lists of potential 'magas' to junior lads...there is NO honour among thieves Evil or Very Mad

I now considir you to be brian dead...I never calll you agen monkey! - Dr. Frank Williams
The devil will shot you in hell with fire bullit, u will nevr have mi sister again. - Patrick Mubuto
i know you ar a idiot Coz can have sex. - Jane Pate
nalei
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And no brains as well. If I'd be a real victim, I would be getting very suspicious about this.

Lucky for them (??) I'm not, so they can still ask me for money Twisted Evil
remu
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've had one lad who sold my email to a spam list or something... it was a clean account before I started talking to him, and about a week after I started talking to him I started getting a lot of pump-n-dump spam.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, to the barrister I wrote yesterday that I do not have a relative by that name and he sent me a long copy&paste text asking for my personal details. He also sent me three documents (without even asking for them) a certificate, a license and a passport. They actually look real to me (of course, I am no expert on forgery). Could they belong to a real barrister by that name? Should we try to locate him and tell him that scammers are spreading his passport?

I'll try to put them on the net for viewing.

I replied that I do not have a relative by that name, and asked how can I claim the money if I am not the missing relative. (play dumb).

I forwared his original email (without the documents) to the Nigerians that pretend to be SA. I'm waiting for developments. If they do sit on the same internet caffe (and they wrote almost simultanusly) with some luck they'll start hitting each other Twisted Evil

In the meanwhile I continue with the SA lads as nothing happened...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic