SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Question about the finale

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
NatureBoy75
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was ready one of the stickies, and a DON'T is:

We don't tell people that they have been baited.

I think that this is a pity. I first started reading Shiver's baits and one of the best bits was at the end when he laid into the lad, and even better if he got a reply. What's the thinking behind this?
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you leave them wondering what happened, they can be baited again. The mugu will probably think he had bad luck with a maga, or he ran into some rogue joker. Telling them they have been baited could educate them.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@NatureBoy75

Many of the things we do here and that have lead up to the stickies is based on trial and error over the years.

That's why a few pieces of advice given out on the site differ from published baits: things have changed.
Mr Fishe
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You need to remember that some of those baits are several years old now. The techniques we use are refined and altered over time as we try and create as much of an impact on the scammers as possible.

Magic eye fun: Western Union MoneyGram
Pre-transfer red tape: Department of Homeland Security HM Revenue & Customs
Mandatory customer survey: Western Union

"I have decided to leave the church and join a travelling circus..." - the original and best
Shiver Metimbers
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep. Wherever possible I try not to let scammers know they have been baited. Some do figure it out for themselves when things start getting really crazy, but I now no longer intentionally let them know hey have been baited, and I would recommend others do the same. It makes it easier to get them again the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time around Smile

----------------------------------
Shiver's scammer trophies.
----------------------------------
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to do this too, before I discovered organized baiter sites like Eater. It's always really tempting, but the satisfaction in not telling is actually better, though not as obvious. To me it's funnier knowing that everybody here knows the guy was baited, but he himself doesn't. One of my current guys is insisting I'm just messing with him but I've continued denying it... and he keeps writing me!

Of course nobody here can make you do anything. But if you must do it, then at the very least please don't tell them about Eater. We don't want to educate these guys too much.

Welcome aboard BTW.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And, please, don't kill e mail accounts of scammers. Many good time wasting baits have been lost due to this fact.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My dad did this recently, actually and I had to rat him out for it.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96733

Quote:
Father,

Never ever tell the scammer that you've scambaited them! This will make them wises up to other scambaiters that may be interested in playing with him.. Never tell them that you were "just wasting their time to save real victims from being scammed". I thought I told you that? Razz. As I said previously, this could ruin the future of scambaiting this guy and he'll drop a scambaiter as soon as he smells foul play. You were very lucky to get a lottery scammer that did not know about scambaiting.

What you could of done was tell him that you were not playing around with him. How were you making fun of him? it's not obvious to you! only to him, let him think up his own concerns about you, but always deny them with a rough come back to make them think differently, and that you're very serious about completing this deal..

However, i'm not yelling at you Razz, I did this on my first TWO scambaits and i've learned after that, that you're not suppose to do that, I even got two email addies of the scammers shut down.. until I learned that you're not suppose to do that because other scambaiters might be messing with your same scammer.

Hope that helps.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Them HarryBawls of yours! Wink

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I try to keep them secured and safe for scam-baiting.
NatureBoy75
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just read that one. Nah, I still like the finale where he gets laid into. There's something more satisfying about it.
breadcrumb
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don�t burn them. Right now I am rebaiting a lad, that was my first bait about a year ago. (this one (please don�t necro) http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=71312&highlight=bofh ) I am trying to get him on a safari this time. I don�t think I would be able to do so, if I had burned him Smile

"your papa, i do you ok, you do fuck your self off goodday" Hitman lad to Usm4an B3ll0
"fuck you and your mumu family for ever andv ever, you go die for bicycle accident this year" Hitman to Usm4n B3ll0
"once again thank you for the disappointment and arranged confussion." Barrister Ise
"Do you said am stupid" lad posing as Mike Pence
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Postcount doesn´t matter.
pony Rolling Eyes (Admin Certified)
9x United Kingdom 2x Spain Benin Netherlands Nigeria Switzerland
Mortar x12
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really depends to me. I weigh the lad (not physically). If I think that the lad would be forever paranoid, then I might tell them about being baited. That way if a real vic asks anything SLIGHTLY out of the ordinary, he might twig. I had one lad who actually went to �tell on me� for all the things I had done. The lad was given information about this site and was told that he was baited. I made sure that he saw all of his pictures and everything. BUT, for the most part, I keep quiet. I would rather them scratch their head wondering why they did everything they did only to be dumped on.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
NatureBoy75
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How could he inform the authorities if you're not doing anything illegal? It's not like you're extracting cash from him.
Righteous
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

JoeTam wrote:
And, please, don't kill e mail accounts of scammers.

Does this also go for secondary accounts they use to play their banker / lawyer characters? When I straight bait sometimes I like to report those for misuse, then claim my mails got bounced back, make him waste time creating new accounts over and over.

But I don't want to screw up somebody else's bait so if it causes problems just LMK and I won't do it anymore. I always leave the primary account intact.

I don't like western union online transfer because it so hard for someone that does not know more about internet. -, on 1TV5.
First my name is not "Doodoo Head" what an insult!! I think we have reach to the level that we should seize communication. -
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
LMK

Don't do it. Wink
It doesn't worry the lad too much and it can mess up baits, and maybe even arrests if LEO are monitoring that account.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

NatureBoy75 wrote:
How could he inform the authorities if you're not doing anything illegal? It's not like you're extracting cash from him.

I got him to make a calendar for me. He claims that I did not pay him, when I CLEARLY sent him $75,000 via WU secure. What a shame. I don�t know who he actually informed. But someone did point him to this website.

EDIT: I just found the letter. It's a nice read.

Quote:
Chris,
It was this morning when I organize all the model I snaps picture to Festus Kayamu’s chambers to protest and put up official complain that I got convince that you are scamming me. What will you benefit from trying to scatter the life of a young man like me that is coming up in legitimate business???

I was very sad this money when I was mock at Kayamu’s ,initially I never believe them that this a scam, because I was dealing with you as a genuine man even when I suspected fowl play when I try to Abuja the first and second time. What makes me to believe is when they give me this site to browse: http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm
I have been hearing about 419 but I don�t know how they operate, so you are one of them???

Be informed that my Lawyer has taken the case up against you, he has officially reported you to ministry ofinternal affairs, Interpol. Even when you are in torabora hole Interpol will smoke you out.

If you have an intention of publishing this picture in that site, you are making a mistake. I am legitimate business man, I also have a photographic studio and at times I snap for city people magazine .You can verify. If you publish what is not good about me,the law will take its cause.
Don�t say I did not tell you.
Be warn

He claims Interpol! BWHAHAHAHA! I forgot about that. I'm sure he just marched into Interpol and told them that Christopher Walken hasn't paid him for his photo shoot.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic