SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

A forum etiquette question

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a long bait going on (well it is for lil' old me) - three weeks today and more e-mails than I can count and a pile of documents to fill a library.

Should I post when it's finished (I'll edit it down apart from important or humourous parts) or enter it, and add as I go along ? Apologies if that's covered somewhere in the rules but I'd rather know than offend the forum rules and etiquette.

Thinking aloud - maybe mentions in the general forum if I reach problems or high spots, and then condense and enter in the completed baits at the end, though it's feeling like it never will.

The last option sounds right - is that correct ?
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can use Scambaiting Helps and Tips to post when you get stuck-just try to keep it to one thread.
Once you're finished and you edited you can post in the publish forum.
Personally, I wouldn't publish in progress- lads are known to google and your bait could be ruined that way.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's not an etiquette question and there's no rules or guidelines for this. If you intend to post your whole bait (no matter whether everything at once or in daily doeses) you'll do that in the "publish your work" section. If you have specific questions you post them in "baiting help" and if you find something outstandingly remarkable you go to "main scambaiting".

edit: darn, that postwhoring teacup has too much time at his hands

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good point TSNerd, I don`t want to find I am ruining my own bait - now that would be dumb. Sorry for asking the blindingly obvious.

I can also see that if I post it in the finshed baits forum before it`s over, it`ll look as if I am continually trying to push it up to the top of the listing - and I noted that`s frowned on - for good reason,

I`m still finding my way about - (now where`s that fake address generator?)
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ There is nothing wrong with publishing a long bait piecemeal in the "Publish Your Work" forum. Some of the most enjoyable baits were done that way. Princess Margret springs to mind.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have oftern published some of my work as the bait progresses. Many people, myself included, look at a huge post in the published work section, and don't even bother reading it because they know that it may take a long time to read. I have found that people are a lot more receptive to reading smaller chunks at a time.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate your comments and guidance - even though it offers me every alternative - he he he

I'm very proud of my three week and running bait. i just don't want to act like a kid with his first crayon picture, if you see what I mean - a creature to be pitied more than admired. I am also running this with two separate characters at play, unbeknown to the mugu, so it is very confusing for me, let alone him, and I am afraid I'll lose track of what actually happened when I get round to posting it.

I'll hold back, so I can edit it and also judge if its interesting. It will be better if I learn to judge my own work before I put something dull and miserable on show. I'll only post in parts if I get a 'wild one' and every part is worth seeing on its own.

I don't want to suffer 'eager puppy syndrome' - he he he.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic