SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Browsers, Which one do you use?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bertie Magoo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Interesting that a few Firefox users seem to use Opera for baiting.

Any particular reason for that?
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The main advantage of Firefox over other browsers in my opinion (especially with regards to baiting) is the massive extensibility. You can get extensions to block adverts, check multiple GMail accounts, anonymise Google's cookies, manage proxy connections, and all sorts of other things.

I seem to remember Opera having some scope for extensions, but has nothing like the variety that Firefox does.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
thud419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox. 2.0 at work on Windows, 1.5 at home because Ubuntu Linux is still in the dark ages. 2.0 has an auto spell-checker so your posts to eater don't have silly mistakes. Never had any stability problems.

Ditto DrWho; there is no way IE could be made as secure as FF et al, due to the way it is integrated into Windows. I don't doubt that it's more secure than IE6, and if they really get their fingers out it could approach FF et al but, with Microsoft, backward compatibility trumps security every time. If a security patch break backwards compatibility then it will not be accepted.

When you open a Windows Explorer window to browse your hard disk, you're using IE. When you read your emails with Outlook, you're using IE. Even your desktop is IE. The various incarnations are supposed to have different security levels, but in reality past bugs have allowed emails to start ActiveX programs and so forth. It is far better to have one program for one function rather than to fix all the ways one function can leak into another, added to which a simple program is more easily fixed.

Popular open source programs are generally fixed within hours of a bug being reported. Some serious Microsoft bugs stay open for months.

I did not f**k your wife in any way -- Nike Akanbi
I don't know what else to do or do I continue filling and filling forms. -- Barr. Koloti
you has been dribbling me up and down but I will show some thing you have never seen before, I think you breath air wait and see. -- Sand Timer Barr. Cole
Cellphone x14
United States x 0.25 won from Reaper in a sucker's bet

Hello Kitty! pony Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts x several
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox on the Mac can be a pain if it is set to open new pages in a new window cause these take ages to open (even on a core2duo). If you set it to open in a new tab instead it is about 3-4 times faster. Wink
Bertie Magoo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've just had to switch back to IE to log on here. For some reason I can't log in when accessing the site through Firefox but can when using IE with exactly the same username & password.

I didn't have a problem last night logging in using firefox but no joy this morning, very strange Sad
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That doesn't make a lot of sense... What's the nature of the problem? Does it say "Incorrect username/password", or does it look like it's logging you in, but then it doesn't?

If the former, it's not a browser-related issue. It's either a server-side problem, or you're entering the username/password wrong.

If the latter, then the only problem I can think it could be is that you don't have cookies enabled of Firefox. If that's the case, under the "Privacy" tab in the Preferences dialogue, make sure "Keep cookies from sites" is ticked.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
Bertie Magoo
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Ivor

Logged on last night using Firefox without problem (ticking the keep me logged in button) and didn't have any problem.

Accessed the site this morning via Firefox without problem and made a post. Switched off and came back a little later and I was back to the login page. When I try to log in the page just refreshes and clears out the username & password I've entered. No error messages.

Switched to IE and logged in without a problem. I've been trying periodically since to get in using Firefox but to no avail. Very strange Sad

EDIT: Back in with Firefox now, I cleared the cookies out and bingo. Ah well, problem solved (for now) Very Happy
Yochanon
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any of the web browsers on a Linux system are good. I use Konqueror, FF (sometimes), Opera, Mozilla and even Ditto, links and Lynx once in a while for troublesome sites (mostly sites that are made with that worthless piece of garbage called FrontPage).

(edit: Oops...Ditto should be Dillo)

In his will, he specifically drew my attention to the sum of US$20 million, which he had deposited, in a safe box of a private Security Company in Johannesburg, South Africa. In fact, he said and I quote My beloved son, I wish to draw your attention to the sum of US$20 million. I deposited the said box containing the fund in a Security Company in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Last edited by Yochanon on Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

definate FF user
but always clear your download manager history out every now and then(found thru tools/options) this helps FF to run abit smoother.

Wink

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
eamonn
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bertie Magoo wrote:
Interesting that a few Firefox users seem to use Opera for baiting.

Any particular reason for that?

it has a wand feature for logging on so that I can log on to any of my gmail accounts with a couple of clicks.
plus all my baiting bookmarks are on it so no chance of other people stumbling onto them.

get your baiting forms here
Gilbert-Ratchet
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm almost exclusively Linux at home and Firefox is my browser of choice, but I wanted to use something completely different for baiting, so I can be sure everything gets kept separate and I don't accidentally respond to something from the wrong account. Opera has a cool 'wand' which makes it a breeze to log into multiple Gmail accounts.
RUSTY
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firefox for Mac
Firefox for Windows

There are just slight differences between the two -- mainly in the keyboard shortcuts.

The choices of extensions for Firefox provides functionality and flexibility that is superior.

I keep IE 7 handy for those odd times where a commercial web site is still using Active X or if they haven't standardized their code to make it pretty on FF. A handy FF extension called IE View enables you render the page in Firefox using the IE engine.

I have quit using Safari. It hasn't kept up with the others. Maybe Leopard will change that.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I use IE and Firefox. I don�t really do enough on the internet to really care about either of the differeneces between them. Honestly, I don't prefer one to the other.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know where I can download the older FireFox version 1.5 please?

Most links on Google for 1.5 downloads now show the download for 2.0 when going to the link.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FF 2.0 rocks for me. I 'specisally like the popup blocker.

I keep IE for when I really have to use it, But when I first started using it with XP I got so many viruses lads could have started using a picture of my PC in their 'dying old lady' scams.

Never again.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scam Patroller wrote:
Anyone know where I can download the older FireFox version 1.5 please?

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.5.0.9/

You'll probably need the win32/en-GB/ build.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^^ Cheers TFI, will download that later.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody using FF 2.0.0.1 ?

http://www.pcwelt.de/news/sicherheit/67814/index.html
http://www.pc-magazin.de/common/nws/einemeldung.php?id=49700&type=0&nrubrik=
(Both in German, I cannot translate it as I even don't understand stuff like this in German)

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Now back on FireFox 1.5 and no problems at all like with 2.0 happy crowd

Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dott. Giascopato wrote:
both in German, I cannot translate

No problem, since only the German version is affected. Wink

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=364599

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
Dareth Ioggmao
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a version of firefox, called firefox portable that you can run from a usb drive. Actually, there is a growing number of applications available in a "portable" format. This allows you to run it from a usb key from any computer. (Mostly windows apps) Great for anyone who likes to check their mail and such from work, not that I know anyone who does. Smile

Just google "portable applications".

Splooshy
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I prefer FF, but sometimes I have to use IE.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just gone back to FF 1.5. Too many problems with 2.0.01 - can't print from browser window, periodic lock-ups & now the Gmail plug-in's gone mad - continually checking accounts, no matter what the preferences are set to & reporting non-existant emails. Crying or Very sad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

V2 of firefox keeps freezing on me, so another one going back to 1.5.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Ring Wraith
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problems with FF2 with fasterfox running.
Need to use IE7 to open mail and add attachments for work.
Hate it with a vengeance for its security issues.
Never got on with Opera though

All in all only personal preferences

Very Happy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic