SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

HELP....Overpaid Cheque Scammer Trying To Get My Sons Money

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
danielsmom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Edited. Changed case of subject - drwho

a month ago i was contacted about an item i was selling on an auction site for $1000...back and forth emails with someone who seemed legit at first...i told them a few personal things as you know how it is when you start chatting with potential customers

i told that that i have a son with a disability...which is true....they have my phone an address...so a few days ago i get a cheque that is made out for $5000

took it to the bank as i knew right away it was a scam...they verified it was counterfeit...turned it over to the police and filed a report...did all the right things

but seeing as these people are filthy criminals, they are still emailing me and i haven't let on that i know yet...playing it real friendly and naive

the police said the next thing they will do is ask me to cash it right away and wire them the excesss...of course they did this

so i told them that i had deposited it in my bank and that it would take a week to clear

they were obviously frustrated with this and asked me to go back to the bank and cash it out immediately

at this point i decided to really get them excited...i emailed them back and said "gee i can't cash it out right away...but i too need this money asap and i want to close this deal .... they said the only way i can cash it out immediately was to use the funds in my disabled sons trust account which is used for his therapy (bullshitted them as to see how low they would really go)

"i would NEVER steal money from a disabled child...you must trust in the lord jesus...you are such a good lady ...like family to me...there is no way that i would ever let you or your little son down...i am a righteous christian and you and your son are in my prayers blah blah blah..."

so i have to send this $4.000 to them via western union tomorrow hah hah...

so my question is ....what can i do to turn the tables on these low lifes?
i want to totally turn the tables on them and teach them a lesson!!!

if it was just about me i would laugh it off...but they know i have a disabled child and they are all ready to rip him off!!!
thanks
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
they have my phone an address

1) drop the bait
2) block their email address
3) get gmail
4) start scambaiting safely.
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@danielsmom

As Radden said, please drop them like a hot potato.

However, get yourself a new email account, with an entirely different name, and send them an email saying "I'm interested, please tell me more."

That should get things rolling.

Btw:

1. I'm glad you didn't get scammed.
2. I love your user name. My girlfriend's little son's name is Daniel! Very Happy
419migraine
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater!

I know you really want to rip this guy bad, but if he has any little bit of personal info, just distance yourself entirely. No need to take silly risks.

However, we would be more than happy to "cash" (not really, thats illegal!) his fake check, because I need some new fast cars!

"Except you did not give me the right house adress if you did i will send people to kill you."
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Probably would help to make a clean break to send a message telling them how broke you are. The opposite is a good way to attract them, so the reverse should work. Don't make it sound as if you are jerking them about or being witty.

Thinking out loud, maybe a more experienced baiter would take them on for you, and let you in on what happens, as I sense you would enjoy a revenge slap for them.

I'm new here, though I have been baiting a while. A safer pair of hands than mine would be better for you, as I get weird on my lads too quickly. Laughing
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Danielsmom, welcome to Eater. Nothing to add to that good advice here, just wanted to welcome you. Good to hear you saw the scam for what it was.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
so my question is ....what can i do to turn the tables on these low lifes?i want to totally turn the tables on them and teach them a lesson!!!

You don't do anything for now. As Radden said, drop them right NOW because they know too much about you. Send one last email saying the cheque was declared fraudulent by the bank, then block them from your email and don't take their calls.

After that, you have 2 choices. You can post the scammer's contact details here and let us loose the dogs all over him, or you can learn about safe baiting and have a go yourself as a completely new (fictional) person who knows how to bait safely.

Either way, I have to say that I'm very glad that you twigged to the scam before you lost any money!

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Began Steele
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. Very much welcome. I am not so long here. Just follow the advice. I use two identities on the same scammer, one using Fastmail and the other on Gmail. I'm playing one against the other. Since you have got this far obviously you are now familiar with the scum, and so take a look at some of the "free offers " that other members have posted,get a mentor, pick one and bait away. Have a lot of fun, let imagination run wild, lie and confuse as much as you like and even can. Slap them as much as possible. Remember they love to travel long distances to collect money. To paraphrase- " 'Cos the're worth it".
Let us all know how you get on.

And having once turned round, walks on,
And turns no more his head;
because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread."

"Thank you for making a fool of my situation God will bless you for all you have done to me for the past three months." [ With a certain amount of luck he will.]

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence
on those who would do us harm."-George Orwell.
Lose 10 kgs of belly fat an hour with our weight loss programme
Herb Sewell
419Eater is my life

Location: Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Please get a gmail account and bait scammers when You can. The rewards are hard to quantify, but if we were able to come up with, I'm guessing, 5,000 scambaiters we could wipe this plague out. I've heard the citizens of the US alone lose a million dollars a day. Then to realise that the bulk of this comes from the elderly make it truly disgusting.

To the experts on the board, If my numbers are out of line, please feel free to re-educate me. LOL
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I'm guessing, 5,000 scambaiters we could wipe this plague out
I doubt it. Scams have existed for 1000s of years and will exist far into the future. Maybe if 80% of the population baited, then it could stop it.

If you want statistics:
Quote:
The best 419 statistics ever published untill our 419 Unit published its 419 stats in March 2006, were given by Special Agent Craig Spraggins of the US Secret Service, who was Special Agent in Charge of the now defunct Joint West African Fraud Task Force in testimony before a US Congressional subcommittee in 1998.
He said that estimated US losses per annum were $300 million, and estimated total losses worldwide per annum were $750 million (making the rest of the world's figure $450 million per annum).
From http://www.ultrascan.nl/html/victims.html. I don't know the date this was posted.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The best way to stop being scammed is, as the scamee, to ignore the scammer. They will realize that you're not worth their time anymore and will move on. Good job that you noticed the scam at the beginning danielsmom, it takes a strong person to admit that it's not real!

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
danielsmom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
I am happy we have happy transactions at the end of the day,i am a very trustworthy woman of faith and i will continue praying for your child
Thanks a lot for the mail,i have contacted the shipper but they said you have never contacted them,kindly contact the shipper and listen to instructions on how to send the payment to them via western union,please i don't want anymore delay on this deal,
kindly get back to me as soon as you send the money to them
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

just redirect his message to the spam box!

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
Radden
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for my short post above, but I outlined exactly what you should do. You should drop this scammer (block his email address) quickly because he has your personal information. You will most likely receive a few other letters from these scammers since your email address is now in the scammers hands (aka, he has your email so he'll try different formats on you).

After you block his email address, and drop all communications with him.. stop by the mentor thread and get yourself a mentor (if you're interested in scambaiting). They will guide you on your first scambait and give you a lot of great advice.

Continuing to email this scammer (who has a few personal details about you) could end very badly. So please, take the advice and block his email address.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome danielsmom - If he thought you were about to pay him and you've now ceased contact then expect a charm offensive and/or some bullying or intimidation. Stand firm and IGNORE everything he says. If you stay silent long enough then he will realise he's wasting his time and move on to another victim Crying or Very sad Oh and don't worry too much if he does make threats. They are hollow and intended to scare you into cooperating. Look at the member's signatures here and you will see that we regard such threats as badges of honour! Laughing

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Simon Bar Sinister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear DANIELSMOM!!,

HELLO, Welcome to the EATER. Stop and see Nurse Nasty for your Shots and.........

READ THE STICKIES!!!!!! READ THE STICKIES!!!!!!

Did I mention to read the Stickies???

Enjoy your stay and Kiss your free time goodbye!!!!

Simon

Nigeria United States <---- so many to go.. but it's a start!!
Cellphone x2
Tattoo i have to tatoo on my hand and my chest thanks and god you and all member,s of w.i.c.c.a.n thanks you email ineed help pastor pleas help me please. - Muhsini Hasani (lad) Easter Egg 2013

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic