SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Ouagadougou

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nikora
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad in Ouagadougou admited last week (After about 20 emails) that there was no trunk box in the bank. He wasn't angry. In fact I told him how bad scamming really was. Most people in Burkna Faso, one of the ten poorest countries, can honestly think that tricking a greedy European or American into sending 2000 dollars by WU cannot have terrible consequences for the sender, I reminded him about reality, and he said he was deeply touched by my message. After that I wished him a happy (and honest) new year, and he wished me the same. A few days later I tried to bait him from a different account, he didn't reply.

Now he's not asking for any money, just for any advice if possible, to live honestly and raise his child decently. He's from Cameroon, lives in Ouagadougou, and what he does best is play football (some people call that game soccer, sokkaa or calcio) and sing. I just realized, I don't have the slightest idea about what he could do to live decently with an honest job. Maybe some knowledgeable poster would have an idea.

Anything that could help him stay out of the scamming business would be good.

Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't be too taken in by him. Just because he hasn't asked for money doesn't mean he won't ask for money. I've not seen a single case of a truly reformed scammer yet.

I know I sound cynical, but I'm afraid I only speak from experience.

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nikora wrote:
... Now he's not asking for any money, just for any advice if possible, to live honestly and raise his child decently. ...

Ahh, yes.

Well, if you want to believe him, go ahead.

Oh, yes: send him an email from another account using another name. Wanna bet what his response will be?
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nikora wrote:
A few days later I tried to bait him from a different account, he didn't reply.

You don't think the Christmas/New Year holidays have anything to do with that do you? Call me sceptical, but I tend to look for reasons he hasn't replied to you other than his turning over a new leaf.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

kleindoofy wrote:
Oh, yes: send him an email from another account using another name. Wanna bet what his response will be?

If you had read my post, you would have noticed I did. I guess only sarcasm and hatred is acceptable here.

kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ No, I just missed that one sentence.

Btw, not hatred and sarcasm, just lots of experience. Over the last few years, EVERY single lad that has professed to have repented has done so while happily scamming along.
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nikora,

Lad's don't change... For them, scamming is like an addiction.. They can get "legitimate" jobs and still be scamming on the side... I'll bet the scammer will tell you he has repented for his bad behavior and ask if you can help him out with XXXXX problem.... I can assure you, there is no urgent problem.

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is the RARE occasion that a scammer might change. I believe that it is quite as rare as seeing a BADger around here, but it is possible. I know that one of YW and BW�s lads changed. There is no evidence of scamming at all.

Don�t get me wrong. Just about every one of them will play nice once they have been caught. Odds are, EVENTUALLY he will ask for money. But, there is the slightest possibility that he has actually changed. I would recommend keeping the relationship going and seeing what the results are.

Also, don�t take offense to what everyone else said about thinking these guys don�t change. Most don�t. They are exactly right in what they say. They have done their share of baiting and they know how these guys are.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
nobody3
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you forget rule number one of scrambaiting : mugus lie
Don
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nikora wrote:
I guess only sarcasm and hatred is acceptable here.

You've been around since december 2006. Sorry, but this is by far not enough to even get the slightest idea about how lads really work. And please excuse us all for being a tad reluctant, I think every serious scambaiter can remember quite a load of "reformed" lads and has evidence that they went on scamming.

So what you tell us isn't exactly a new occurence, almost every newbie that sticks around for 4 weeks comes across such a lad. Unless you provide hard evidence your lad has found a decent job and has given up scamming for good I'll just stuff your post in the drawer labelled "now how many times have I heard that before?".

Remember, they're scammers, they will occasionally lie. Very Happy

**"Freedom? There ain't no fuckin' Freedom!"**
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nikora -- your intentions are admirable. The only problem is that there is really no way to disprove that the lad is still scamming -- you can only confirm that he is by re-baiting -- and since just about every lad will gladly scam you if he thinks you're a different maga, well, our cynicism is unfortunately well deserved.

Don't be discouraged -- maybe this one will be different -- but at the same time, your job is to protect victims by keeping the mugus occupied, not to cure the lads.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I once had a lad who who went quiet for a total of about four weeks during his Christmas/New Year holidays. He even said he just disappeared because he was having fun on his holidays when I demanded to know what was going on. He wasn't reformed or even pretending to reform, in fact, he was just about to get some money out of me, he thought. There are other possible reasons for not replying. It is quite possible the holidays might be a more likely explanation as to why the lad didn't respond than any reforming on his part.

I also notice a tendency among some lads not to take on a new potential victim when they're already working one and think they're close to a payday.

Based on past evidence, pledges of reform when you've already called out a scammer are common. Actual change is thin on the ground, unfortunately. From what most of us have seen in our time here, it's pretty good odds that your scammer will either be asking for just a little help to get by because he can't find an honest job or his child that needs raising will end up "in hospital" at some point, with a lifethreatening illness that requires expensive medication.

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Fanny Plunge
Granny Pawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A Scorpion was trying to get across a river..Along came a Fox and the Scorpion asked him could he help him get across..The Fox said no way you'll sting me and we'll both drown..The Scorpion said not at all where would be the sense in that..So the Fox agreed to help him..Halfway across the Scorpion stung him and they began to sink..The Fox said why did you do that, we are going to drown now and the Scorpion said..I'm a Scorpion, it's what I do..

verkwyn,"You are just a bloody foolish Nigerain,It sounds like an email writen by an illitrate"
Humanity Hicham,"wooooow u are very pretty and lovely but u have dick"
Easter Egg 2012 Nigeria United States Spain United Kingdom x2 Ivory Coast Turkey Italy Netherlands Cellphonex280-WebSitesx21
TheGoodRev
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I look forward to scambaiting this chap at some point in the future...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic