SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Wierd

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Shadowplay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A strange thing happend this afternoon. (Saturday) Doorbell rang, I answered, and there was this girl maybe in her late twenties, who promptly rattled off this story about being a single mother who needs to make $30 cleaning houses so her and her children can pay the rest of rent and not be kicked to the street by the evil landlord blah blah blah. The whole delivery had the sound of a tired salesman. I was sceptical, and declined, but I watched through the window as she looked up and down the street, and then looked to a late 90's SUV. The driver waved his hand, and she got in and they all drove off. There was at least one person in the back seat.

It's rare to see pan handlers on street corners here, and I have never had one knock on my door. Anyone else ever have this happen? Or am I being far too sceptical? Regardless, there is no way I am letting strangers in my house.

Last edited by Shadowplay on Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Mountebank
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She might have been casing your house. They might want to check in sometime when you're not home. Then again you didn't let her in so really she couldn't case it very well. I dont mean to scare you but it's something to think about. Keep everything locked always just in case.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes - it sounds like she knocked on the door to see if anyone was home and used a lame story when she found you were there. Her burglar buddies were waiting in the car. I don't suppose you made a note of the car registration? I'd report this incident to the cops - these people are probably a gang working the whole neighbourhood and you could have some useful information, esp a description of the girl and the car.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
colonel
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We have that occasionaly in my neighborhood. When you answer the door they come up with some lame excuse. If you don't let them know you are home, the others will get out and try to break into your house.

Call the police with as much info as possible. In my town people must have a license from the city to go door to door for anything. Without the license, it is a trip to the jail.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
In my town people must have a license from the city to go door to door for anything. Without the license, it is a trip to the jail.

Wow, what a great idea ......... I would like to see that enforced more widely. Some people would bleat about 'erosion of liberty' and 'police state' but the greatest liberty is to be safe at home and some of these people deprive us of that right.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
sorcerer88
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sounds like someone casing your place. also try to get the license plate number of the vehicle if it happens agin in your neighborhood. if you own a home security system,alert them. if not,try to get a do -it -your -self alarm system( e.g. motion detector you install on the doors or get an infra-red system that places a beam into the room after your exit;triggers when someone walks in,; cost is less than $50) at places like Radio Shack. you may need it. especially if you have an open terrace with French doors for easy access to your living room or places with windows on the ground floor. you may also wish to get a firearm for home protection( shot gun is best-"coach gun" short barrel shot gun not used in hunting and you do not need a license. easy to shoot..that is up to you

Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, sounds bogus to me. My morning job is housekeeping, and I'd ask at LEAST twice that to clean a house, probably more based on the size of the house and the condition it's in. I agree with what's been said--they were probably casing the neighborhood.
Azure Sonnet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Definitely, definitely casing the area - we've had stuff like this happening all the way over here in the UK too, a frightening amount.

Usually its some teen boys knocking on almost all the houses one by one asking for "Dave" or asking if we were number thirteen whilst standing next to a five inch sign with Eleven written on it! Ten minutes later the neighbours alarm goes off and you see a cheap tracksuit legging it down the path...

They have started to group their casings around school pickup times (ie. half three in the afternoon) - that way most people are still at work, and most of those who aren't are out picking their kids up from school - recently this has become the hotspot for burglaries, much more so than any time at night...
Shadowplay
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The more I think about it, the more you all sound right. This was one of the rare days I park in the garage, so there were no cars in the driveway.

I have an alarm system, and some firepower stashed in a few handy places. I wish I was thinking quicker at the time, I could have got more info. Thanks!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic