SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Are there any genuine people left?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MrPop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I joined a few of the websites often recommended on these pages and straight away received 3 or 4 replies from interpal. One of them was from a German lady who claims she just wants to improve her English.

I guess what I want to ask is: do you think she genuinely wants to improve her English or do you think she will hit me for some cash later down the line?

I have replied to her asking what parts of her English she wants to improve etc and will report back if/when she asks me for money
Rollo_Tomasi
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As always,
Be careful. Don't release any personal information. Go slow. Google her name and try googleing parts of her letters she sends to see if they are scripts.
If she does turn out to be a scammer, stop all contact immediately.
You may try opening a secondary account with a different mail addy and writing her something like you saw her profile and are interested. Tell her you are a big-money guy and travel a lot. See if she goes for the cash.
Good Luck,
R-T

but know they are insultive

I really want to know why you have picked on email and keep writing me with all these abusive and embarrassing words

THANKS FOR PLAYING ME AS A GMAIL MAN
MrPop
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am only in contact with her through one of my baiting accounts and will of course be careful to stay in character.

I think all I wanted to know is whether or not this is a known scamming technique because it isn't as common as, for example, trying to invest the wealth of a dead relative.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check the headers from her email and see where she really is. If she says Germany, but the IP comes up a few thousand miles away, you'll have a pretty good idea that something fishy is going on. If it comes up Germany, she may well be a real person just looking for a friend. If a google search indicates that she is who she says she is, its best to gently drop her. You don't want to bait an innocent person, of course.

That said, love scammers can seem to be quite devoted, and may talk to their victims for a month or 2 to set the hook before they ask for money.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It all comes down to cash. Just ask SF. I keep offering her lots of it to visit me. I keep offering to pay for her to mentor me with a whip and handcuffs, or at least some thigh length leather boots Wink

If anyone you talk to asks for cash then the big warning signs should be lighting up the sky. Scammers - as SF has already said - can work a vic for months before asking for cash. My record is four but I've heard of ones that worked a vic for a year before asking for cash. They can seem legitimate to start with, but the moment cash enters into it it's time to worry. And yes, check out the headers, look for the signs it's a scammer, but even if you don't find them it's no guarantee you're not talking to one. Be ever vigilant. Hope for the best but expect the worst.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
I keep offering her lots of it to visit me. I keep offering to pay for her to mentor me with a whip and handcuffs, or at least some thigh length leather boots Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Wayne! Those PMs were PRIVATE! Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As long as next time you remember to bring the keys for the handcuffs next time Embarassed

Money request bad, real life female good. Get my drift?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MrPop wrote:
I have replied to her asking what parts of her English she wants to improve etc and will report back if/when she asks me for money

In case she ask for some money, direct her to me. I am filthy rich and 100% RISK FREE! Wink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic