SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Feel Bad? (Baiting Morality)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
The Monsignor
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gamblor wrote:
What got me thinking was the following: I'm straight baiting this guy and I introduced a character looking for help collecting scientific data from Africa (I won't get into details at this time). The scammer put me in touch with an "associate" to do the leg work. I was just worried this was some guy who thinks he is doing legit work and I was actually "scamming" him by letting him think he's going to get paid.

More than likely he is some scumbag, and I'm wasting his time and resources.

Moral of the story: When you're schmammered, don't bait with your girlfriend standing over your shoulder going "Oh, those poor people..."

Yes, he (the Scammer�s third party) could well be completely legit. The Scammer might or might not be taking a cut of any monies that you agree to pay the third party. It is impossible to know for sure, and I guess that you can only make a considered judgement from what you are told and from what you sense.

Thanks, by the way, for starting this thread. Please don�t feel that you have to excuse your posting of what to some Members is a contentious or disagreeable issue. It�s not only your right, but also important in order to stimulate debate and the considering of issues from different perspectives.

Last edited by The Monsignor on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gamblor wrote:
The scammer put me in touch with an "associate" to do the leg work. I was just worried this was some guy who thinks he is doing legit work and I was actually "scamming" him by letting him think he's going to get paid.

The best way to know for sure is to send the associate an ASEM from another address, saying something along the lines of "I have the money ready for my final $10,000 payment. It has been a long road, and I'm nearly broke from all the fees that have come up in this transaction. If the fund is not transferred to me very soon, I will lose my house."
If he comes back and lets you know that the mail wasn't for him, he's an innocent bystander and should be gently dropped. If he comes back with details for you to make the transfer, he's a dyed in the wool scum and you can go ahead with a clear conscience.

My $.02

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~SlayerFaith,

I would be willing to wager a fair sum as to what the outcome of this experiment would be. Confused

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
This experiment has been done many times. 99/100 (actually more), the "innocent third party" jumps on the ASEM, and tells the "maga" to hurry and send the money.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
StewG
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gamblor wrote:
Moral of the story: When you're schmammered, don't bait with your girlfriend standing over your shoulder going "Oh, those poor people..."

That's a good point, my fianc� had said that she didn't like the idea of baiting when I first got into it, but she didn't mind if I do it, so I try not to talk about it around her as much as possible (it's really tough if something REALLY interesting happens Very Happy ) but back to the OP's point, that's kindof the point, everyone has their own level of comfort with baiting, bait to your comfort level and not beyond it, and don't try to push anyone else beyond their comfort level with baiting either

"i have nor been to the western union and i got embarrass like this b4 ,ad it been i dont have a good reputation i would have been arrested for taking a fake information to collect money in the western union" -- B4rrist3r Il0 Ch4mb3rs
Hellsing
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Personally, I feel decidedly evil sending out ASEMs meant for orphanages and the like, and I LOVE it!

I giggle uncontrollably thinking that these lads are going to get excited like they've won the lottery, then be brought crashing down to earth.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only thing I feel sorry about is not being able to give them the level of pain that YW, JoJo, Big Worm, and SP do to them on their megasafaris!
Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Canadon Alfa
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ Amen to that, Slaphappy! Laughing

"I pray that the gorillas will not destroy the slip i.e. the customers copy." -- Div1ne Ok0ye

Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The only time I ever felt bad is when I found out that I was baiting a REAL pastor of a real church. Embarassed

I guess he had just been sending out spam email requesting donations for his church and somebody added him to a list of scammer addresses. Don't bait any jamacian 'lads' because it would probably be the same guy.

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I happen to know a guy who I am convinced is a scammer, but I must point out that he has never actually admitted it to me in so many words.

His family have a very nice 5 bedroom house, he is college educated, drives a BMW 5 series, wears designer Tshirt and spends $40 per day in the internet cafe....

Not quite the image of a starving and destitute African.

Sure, there are millions of people in Africa that live in utter poverty, these people don't have a pot to piss in, they certainly don't have a laptop computer with internet access and a mobile phone.... Shocked
Big Worm
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no...never will.

Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet Pith Helmet (One Collaborative Super Safari to Egypt!)
x9 (7 by the infamous Barry Melrose <---clicky)
Tattoo x2
T.W.A.TBenin City
T.W.A.TLagos
SantaThe Lad that Stole Christmas
Netherlands x3 Mortar x8
Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I don't feel bad at all. In fact, if I could legally get them to kill themselves, I would.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would happily make my lad crawl over broken glass on his hands and knees. I have no guilty feelings over it at all. In fact, I actually find the above thought quite funny.

Do you think the lads feel guilty after diddling some old lady out of her life savings? Believe me, Ive bated as an old lady and I can assure you the answer is a resounding no. They are scum.

Remember, they dont have to scam. They choose to, and I choose to make them degrade themselves for trying to con innocent people out of their cash to pass the time at work.

So in short, no, I dont feel guilty. Ever.

Very Happy

"Also believe in the Nectarines and hail them as my eternal forefathers and universal leaders"- Sir Frederick MacGregor

"THIS NONSENSE ACT OF YOURS HAS CAUSED ME LOOSING UP TO $350 USD ALL TOGETHER TO GET TO KASTINA SINCE ON MONDAY!!"- Barrister Usman Bello

"WHAT HELL ARE YOU ? YOU ARE A MAD MAN, YOU NEED TO BE CURED BY YOUR OCCULTIC MEMBERS, I CAN SEE THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN YOUR BRAIN" - Barrister Harry Brown

"YOU ARE GOING STUPID , ARE YOU OUT OF YOU MIND ? YOU FOOLISH WHITE MONKEY AND YELLOW PIG."- Barrister Isa Usman

www.mustdestroy419.talkspot.com
Safari - 600 Miles from Lagos to Katsina
Mortar x12
Divine
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stargate wrote:
In fact, if I could legally get them to kill themselves, I would.

This is getting interesting. Would you do that to any lad with any modality from any country? Would you also kill them yourself if you were 100 % sure you wouldn't get caught? How about other kind of criminals?

Stargate
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Divine wrote:
This is getting interesting. Would you do that to any lad with any modality from any country?

Yes

Divine wrote:
Would you also kill them yourself if you were 100 % sure you wouldn't get caught?

Depends

Divine wrote:
How about other kind of criminals?

Depends

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How about a new legally assisted suicide type bait Laughing set up a cult and well sky's the limit Laughing
These people are the scum of society, they destroy other people's lives for financial gain. In fact killing them would put them out of their misery, a 30 year sentence in an African jail would give me more satisfaction.

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do I feel bad for giving these guys hell? No. Although, I have to admit that for me, it is sort of a case-by-case deal.

For instance, I had some lads back in May that were trying to steal money from a priest, who was using his money that he had to save the lives of Darfur refugees. To me, stealing money from starving refugees is unforgivable, therefore, I felt no guilt at all sending them to Darfur, where they eventually went missing and where never heard from again.

Lately, as many of you have seen, Big Worm and I have a lad that seems to have dropped scamming completely. He is now trying to lead an honorable life as a minister. He has a bunch of kids, the youngest who apprears to be about 3 to 4. Would I feel bad if he went missing in Darfur? Yes.

This is why, whenever I take on a new lad, I am also baiting the lad as several other characters, in very straight baits. I want to see exactly what kind of person that I am dealing with. If the lad is willing to steal from someone who needs money for cancer treatment, I will do whatever I can to ruin their lives. And if that means they end up getting hurt or killed, then I believe that I am doing a public service.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, I do not feel bad because:

1. I only bait using methods that I am comfortable with.
2. They are free not to go along it.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
kurat
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No I don't feel bad, for all the reasons posted before me in this thread Smile

Cellphone x107
"I believe that you would not want to hear more of a lawyer language and grammars" - Saint Patrick
"so for my lawyer I want to also seriously sit on the emails I have received" - Mrs. N1na M1lha
"If i don't see you guys today.I probably would starve and have no where to sleep as i cant access my account here while some are low on cash" - Jo3l Akum1ah
rockstl
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For all the reasons posted before me, and one more. If billions of USD are making their way to these countries, then I would suspect if our successful lads had souls, or even a conscience, we would see more orphanages/schools/lunch progams(could'nt help it) started by, or better supported by such scammers. I wish my words made more sense, but I hope you get the idea I am trying to convey.
I really do feel bad for the poor and hungry in the world. I have my own way of supporting charity, as I suppose most of us do. My advice (not that anyone asked) is that if you feel bad about this, stop baiting, do some research, and give to a worthy charity of your choice. If any of these lads were sincere, I doubt they would be sending out thousands of scam letters as a legitimate way of finding something to eat.

I wish I had all the answers, but this was all I could come up with having spent the last 5 minutes thinking about it. I wish well to everybody, and nothing but futility for scammers tryinng to steal for more gold chains
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If I ever had a scintilla of guilt about baiting scammers, it disappeared when I was personally involved in helping take down a group intent on diverting aid donation money away from the surviving victims of the '04 Boxing Day tsunami and into their own pockets.

Does it get much lower than that? It still makes me sick to think about it. Evil or Very Mad

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Honest Tom
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If the scammers can't take being baited, then maybe they shouldn't be in that line of work. It's a hazard of the job. To call baiting cruel is a bit like saying, "Well, what's the world coming to when a guy can't even steal cars without being arrested?"
Lew_Skannen
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am employing some people here who work 8 hours a day in hot sun pulling out tree stumps and general farm labout for twice the minimum wage - $2 a day.
That is why I hate the idea of people being rewarded for being scumbags.

Emma Stralian
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind!

As it is difficult for a carmel, to pass through the eye of a needle, so it is for a refugee, to get short terms loan here in Africa - Barr Godwin Otemba
Every time you get a million dollars, something queers the deal - Homer

Check out <a href="http://members.419eater.com/~emma_stralian/forms.html" target="new">Emma's Funky Forms</a>. Death threats guaranteed or your money back!
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to agree with Stargate, I would happily bring about a lads demise if possible. Next major war that starts anywhere near a bait of mine and thats where he's going on safari. Even more amusing, he may get conscripted. Remember, these guys can and have happily murdered people in the past.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic