SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Singlesnet.com full of scammers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
FrankP
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You wouldn't believe how many replies I got from women who said they were from the USA, but went to Nigeria and got stuck,lol. If you really want to snag a slew of these scammers, here's the url:

www.singlesnet.com
capn_skam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Heh. Your experience doesn't seem to bear out what the owner of that site claims in this article from May of '06:

Article: http://www.turnto10.com/money/9153389/detail.html

Quote:
The owner of Singlesnet.com said he's sorry about what happened. Quinn Lipin said his company goes to great lengths to protect subscribers from fraud.

�We also scrub every transaction that comes through manually and what types of communications they are making,� said Lipin. He points out, deception could happen in any singles setting, but he does advise singles to take extra precautions when meeting online.

�Because it's an online environment, there are certain things that go on that may not go on in a bar scene or a local singles environment,� he said.

Perhaps the owner just needs educating. Maybe since you have witnessed it firsthand, you can tell him about it - seems like, according to his statement above, he would like to/should know about this. I mean, if they are 'manually scrubbing every transaction', they must not know about this type of fraud. Which I doubt, but will give benefit of the doubt... He can be reached at his website:

http://www.quinnlipin.com/

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"14,565,786 members with photos
24,297 members online"

If you believe THAT, then you deserve to be scammed!

Rolling Eyes

PS

So busted. Looking at the code. Fancy these stats being hardcoded! Oh and yes I can just imagine the webmaster manually changing the "members online" manually lol.

<span style="color: #3A709E">14,565,786</span> members with photos<br><span style="color: #3A709E">24,297</span> members online</td>
capt_kipper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm going to have to join that one then. I joined cupidbay and that was vlad central, but as for mate1 and another one forgot the name I'll check later I seem to get lots of looks from french girls with non model photos and decent anglais, so I'm going to have to quit that.

Embarassed

Maybe my profile is too hot! I'm a 32 year old oil plant engineer with his own house.
FrankP
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bender_the_Defender wrote:
24,297 members online"

Rolling Eyes

PS

So busted. Looking at the code. Fancy these stats being hardcoded! Oh and yes I can just imagine the webmaster manually changing the "members online" manually lol.

<span style="color: #3A709E">14,565,786</span> members with photos<br><span style="color: #3A709E">24,297</span> members online</td>

Well, after about the third email from stating that the person was "trapped" in nigeria, I gave up on that site,lol. Been meaning to join the forum here awhile and post the URL to that site.
Fat Bob
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I signed up yesterday and already have my first "flirt" from an american girl trapped in nigeria Laughing

edit: Hmm.. the message seems to have gone.. maybe they do search for and delete stuff like this.

Last edited by Fat Bob on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
alicante22
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i dont understand... do they go out there for work or what? what possible reason can they give for being left stranded in nigeria???

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Millions and then some, holiday money stolen, passport gone. Working, but bank doesn�t accept check of American bank. Photo shoot, got separated from crew. Holiday got sick. Endless.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bill2 wrote:
Millions and then some, holiday money stolen, passport gone. Working, but bank doesn�t accept check of American bank. Photo shoot, got separated from crew. Holiday got sick. Endless.

... all false of cause. Just stating the obvious for anyone in doubt.
capt_kipper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good site.

I was about to signup, but it had my location as North Korea. Might have to signup anyway as the dear leader. That could be fun. Norks. Rolling Eyes
Fat Bob
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used a proxy server located in the US to sign up with my location as USA. You have to find one that supports SSL though. I actually used a shell account and tunnelled through SSH.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bender_the_Defender wrote:
24,297 members online"

Rolling Eyes

PS

Today, it reads:
14,585,633 members with photos
24,252 members online

Perhaps not hard coded, but generated by some script (which would appear to be hard coded if you do view|source)

I bet the truth is:

14,585,533 fake members with photos, 100 scammers who run them all
24,152 fake members online, the remaining 100 are the scammers who are busy 24-7 pretending to be the other members...

" I THINK WE HAVE TO PUT END TO THIS GAME,AND REASON WHY I SAID THIS IS BECAUSE I CAN NOT CONTINUE WITH GOING TO WESTERN UNION" Dr Bens0n
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT TAKE TO GET A MAGA IS NOT EASY MAN, IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE CAUSE ME FOR TWO WEEKS NOW I CAN PAY MY HOUSE RENT THEY ARE ABOUT TO SEND MY FAMILY OUT OF THE HOUSE WE LIVE" Dr @d3kun13 Bens0n
"I THOUGHT I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU WANTED WHY ARE YOU STRESSING US OUT." - Mu$@ H0us3

Closed lad accounts x 24 United Kingdom x1 Cellphone x2
ThatGrrl
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quick (and probably silly) question - do you guys pay for membership of the dating sites that you're checking out? Or am I jst being too much of a tightwad? Not sure what to do, I'm just starting to get an idea of love baiting.
Thanks!

- I am a Manager with American Express Bank here in Buckingham Palace,United Kingdom - hey, Amex get everywhere, dontcha know?? Very Happy
capt_kipper
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't pay. Some sites want you too but others let you send and recieve emails for free.

Put your profile on Cupidbay for starters. Not sure how singlesnet works as I haven't signed up yet.

Or just grab the email addresses off this forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic