SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

RANT

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/Begin Rant/

I have to take a moment to vent. At my lad? No. At a Vlad? No. This is to the person who felt it necessary to shut down my lad�s account, less than 36 hours before he goes on safari!

Now I know that there are people on this site who are new and think that might be helpful. Please know that it is not. If you feel that you should shut down a lad�s account, do so only for phone lads. Shutting down your standard 419 scammer�s email address does nothing to help in comparison to the pain that is inflicted upon them by baiters.

Hopefully, my lad will be on his way regardless of his email account status.

/End Rant/

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Yakuza
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well perhaps the Lad is also frustrated and will contact you from a new email.

"All the informations I had about you is that, You are Ruthless and merilessly and heartless Scientist and Politican. ??? Why are you wearing gloves in hands ????" Dr Nwa0gu.
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sorry to hear that Jojo. It seems to be a recurring problem, especially when you get a lovely pet from the surplus section. Hopefully you have him on the hook so well that he takes the effort to reply to you from a brand new addy.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bummer, JJB. Evil or Very Mad I realize some people think they're doing a Good Thing (TM, patents pending) when they shut down a lad account but unless it's a phone lad it does more harm than good. I had one recently that was going well, taken from surplus letters, but it fell apart when someone shut the lad down. But with an impending safari............ Yeah, you really have the right to be upset.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For our newer folks:
Jojo brings up a very good point- please don't send abuse reports on freemail email addresses- it is completely pointless, doesn't hurt the lad, and can really mess things up for your fellow baiters- not just an ongoing bait, but those instances where someone is working with LEO's on an arrest.
Email addys that are fair game:
Phone lads
Vanity email addresses- MSN/PA emails- these cost money to open and will hurt a lad if shut down.
Freemail sites associated with fake websites.

Any other freemail addy- a run of the mill Yahoo or Hotmail account, for instance- please don't kill it. It is more work for you to report it than it is for the lad to make a new one.
Don't work harder than your lad.

On the flip side, JoJo I sympathize and that sucks, but it doesn't necessarily have to have been someone here who closed it.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to hear that JJ.

I know the feeling. I had several lads e-mail account shutdown in a middle of my trophy scheme. It just pissed the hell out of me because I spent so much time nursing my bait so that my lad trusts me. Then bam!

Maybe a victim reported the scam mail to the provider. I used to do that before I knew about baiting. Perhaps your lad was trying to scam other vics and then someone else reported had your lad's account closed Question

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thinking about it makes ME upset as well: am I missing out on another JOJO safari? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am just a bit more upset because this was going to be such a quick safari. I think I have only been talking to this lad about 2 weeks. That would be a record for me.

TS- I know that it wasn�t necessarily someone here or a baiter that shut it down. It could have been anyone. But there are always new people coming through here that would benefit from hearing that. And now they will know a way NOT to receive the wrath of Jojobean. TS does bring up good points about the other email providers. This was just my average, run-of-the mill yahoo lad though.

Hopefully the idiot has enough sense to write down my address, as he was about to get $50,000 from me. Evil or Very Mad I�ll keep you all updated.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For the new folks, I'd like to point out that shutting down lad emails that have been posted in surplus letters is extremely counterproductive, as the lads there are already receiving the tender attentions of the folks here. We had the same problem a few months back with the shuttle, as someone decided that it was a good idea to report all the emails they received to the providers, effectively saving the scammers from being baited.

Bottom line, killing non phone-lad scammer email addys that are either posted here or come from the shuttle does nothing more than help the scammers, as it prevents us from contacting them. The scammer will simply move on to a new email address that we don't know about and pick up some real victims.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
won huong lo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think maybe we should take it easy on the new people. It very well could have been some random potential vic that new what was but does not bait so they turned him not knowing any better.

Eddy the Love Scammer: I believe that a man without a vision can never have a mission and automatically that man is to be related to a goat...pardon me for that.

Eddy the Love Scammer: i believe whatever i am told easily because i am a kind of person that believes in saying the truth at all times regardless of the concequencies

Click here to support 419Eater.com
Safari Operator
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:
And now they will know a way NOT to receive the wrath of Jojobean.

you want to fight about it? 2 rounds at lagos airport, no gloves. i'm willing to bet you don't show up.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may well have been that, WHL, we will never know. That said, there have been many instances where new members were systematically shutting down both surplus and shuttle ladmail addys, thinking that it was a good thing to do. My post above was just a reminder that shutting down addys that are being targeted by scambaiters is not a good idea.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not being hard on new people. I myself was a newb too. However, I just wanted to point out that shutting down lad accounts is counterproductive. Many people don�t know that it is. A lot of baiters think they are doing a disservice to them, when indeed they are causing them minimal frustration. I started this rant not to harp on newbs, but to inform them and to vent my frustration.

Goat

BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jojo - Take comfort in the fact that when the lad reopens a new address and recontacts you, you can slap him for having his first address shut down and demand an explanation!!!

Bruin
Safari Operator
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BRUIN wrote:
and recontacts you....-

This is the problem though isnt it? if he only had jojo's email addy in THAT account he aint going to be recontacting him is he?.....

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think that JoJo's post or any of the others were particularly new member bashing posts.
This topic has been posted, debated and hashed countless times, but those threads are buried in the archives of posts (although Search is always a friend).
JoJo losing a safari seems like a good time for a reminder Very Happy

edit: added an s to other

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Dr Venture
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Safari Operator: Most lads keep hardcopies of vic contact info for just such an occasion. Sometimes they contact you again, sometimes they don't.

I will bring the heat down on you so hard you wont even know what hit you. Just relax and wait for the authorities to get to you. --Jackson Momoh, after learning I blew his money transfer on ale and whores

I HOPE PEOPLE WILL NOT HEAR OUR VOICE WHEN THE TOTAL AMOUNT WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOUR ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME SOUNDS STRAINGE OF WHICH I DONT LIKE(Huh?).-- Samuel Onyema
won huong lo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I realize that there have been baiters who have systematically shut down lad accts, which is of course counter productive. My only point was that it may not have been anyone associated with this forum. I was once a noob myself and noobs make mistakes, simple as that. This thread almost seemed like a dog-pile on the noob, thats the only reason I mentioned what I did. I would be pissed to JoJo, I'm on your side.

Eddy the Love Scammer: I believe that a man without a vision can never have a mission and automatically that man is to be related to a goat...pardon me for that.

Eddy the Love Scammer: i believe whatever i am told easily because i am a kind of person that believes in saying the truth at all times regardless of the concequencies

won huong lo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TSnerd wrote:
I don't think that JoJo's post or any of the others were particularly new member bashing posts.
This topic has been posted, debated and hashed countless times, but those threads are buried in the archives of posts (although Search is always a friend).
JoJo losing a safari seems like a good time for a reminder Very Happy

edit: added an s to other

I did not mean to insinuate that anyone was noob bashing. Just seemed a little like a dog pile when no-one really knows what happened.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that blows pretty hard jojo. if he was up for the safari inthe first place, he should get back to you though.

Safari lagos to douala "i am tired of roaming west africa"

i like pretty flags. want your own?
46X United Kingdom 10X Cellphone 8X Nigeria 5X United States 5X Spain 5X Netherlands 4X Ghana 4X South Africa 4X Malaysia 3X Togo 3X Switzerland 3X (???) 2X Russia 2X Canada 2X Benin Sweden Isle Of Man Ivory Coast and a sierra leone diamond site.
Mortar x9
Nurse Nasty needs a new endoscope. Donate!
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

N00b bashing? Only the delusional think we bash n00bs.

Now everyone shut up and get back to work.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you heard NN! get a move on! or she'll give you a needle where it really hurts!
Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all know how resourceful even the laziest lad can be when spurred into action, and the prospect of losing $50K should get the lad off his ass, stat. I'm sure he will have some record of JJ's email address (or phone number?). Let's hope so anyway.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
KeyserSoze
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well hopefullt he wrote down your email address somewhere so that he can contact you from a different email address.

you didn't get a phone number from him or anything?

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that, jojobean, you need to think about what is the purpose of the site. We do this to cause problems to the scammers and to keep them away from honest victims. Not to give you a few short thrills. This has come up constantly over the life of eater and it is the "official" policy to not have an official policy to leave scammer addresses open.

Shutting it down is not necessarily counter-productive. He may have have 5 real victims on the line ready to send money. If he didn't save the addresses, the victims have been saved the money they may have lost. If the lad did save, then you will hear from him again and nothing is lost.

Yes, a trip would incur lads costs and hurts the only place they understand, but suck it up and move on.

The fact is that if you really had the lad on the hook and was ready to travel, he will recontact you. He should be more paniced than you are. And think of his mental anguish. If he doesn't contact you, than he probably wasn't as ready as you thought.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic