SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New here! I was smart enough to catch on to a scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Alwaysgladtohelp
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I am new here, but just wanted to post and say it didn't take me long to catch on to a scammer. I had one contact me by YIM . I was not looking for a Man in my life........didn't have anything on my profile but my age. He came across and started chatting with me. Told me he was looking for his soulmate, he was 10 years younger than me so he said. He wanted an older women.........they were better!!!!! They didn't lie and cheat like the young ones did. They were more caring and loving. Said his wife had died 2 years ago, that he had a son 12 and later said that his wife died in childbirth (first clue) I started playing him....found his email address at a scammer email site.........so I played along until he started asking for money!!!!!!!!!! Then blasted his ass..........told him what I thought of him and gave him some real names myself. I really enjoyed baiting him, just wish there was something we could do to make others more aware of these scammers. I find this site very funny, and now I want to play along to! I agree the more we can play them.......they won't have time to play someone else.
Mugubot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

glad to hear you didn't fall for it, just make sure you don't give him anything that could link to your real identity (as you can read in the stickies in the scambaiting help forum)

happy baiting!

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Invite him out for Pizza, I am sure TSnerd and I can work out the delivery and Menu! VannDickey has a great mugu Pizza! Hey Vann? Wanna share that recipe? You ready for some cookin?

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new as well, and here for the same reason. A scammer just tried to get me. He failed miserably, but I'm still furious. It was the "living in the US, but working in West Africa" story. He slipped up on his details a few times, and so he never got a chance to ask me for money before I started researching and found out about these scams.

As I didn't take proper security precautions, I'm not going to mess with this scum under my current email/My Space account. But I will burn him, or someone like him, with the new accounts I'm setting up.

As soon as I make sure all my firewall/anti-virus software is up to date, I'm going to play with a few old photos of myself (I don't want to be like them and use someone else's) in GIMP, and when my picture is as unrecognizable as I can make it, I'm going to make a new My Space account, since that is how the current scammer found me (about ten minutes after I finished creating my profile).

I'm so glad for this site, because I've been needing a new hobby. Thanks, 419eater! Twisted Evil
UKGirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.. how are you?
I opened a new link at the weekend..
I'm in email and mobile phone correspondence at the moment with a Mark Adams..(gorgeous blond US guy in his pics.. lol) working as a self-employed petroleum engineer in Lagos -Nigeria.. widowed 2 years ago... living in London...in Lagos with his 11 year old son (also gorgeous looking from the pic).. as his 'made' in London does not work full-time and cannot look after the boy.. the lad goes to a local 'Christain' school.. and Mark does not know his local area as he never goes out.. does not even know the name of the local train station!!!!!
He's not asked anything like money from me yet.. .but asked within minutes if I owned my own home!!!!!!
Told me he was a vegetarian - like me- and then 5 mins later told me he was having turkey stirfry for supper... then said.. oh.. don't you eat turkey - after I questioned that... lol
I am only lamenting if he really is the gorgeous guy in the pics.. and being true with his story.. coes he's 'making' 3.5 mill. Dollars in this oil-selling week in Lagos... lol....
Damn.. if it really IS Mark Adams.. I'll see if his has a brother for ya @-)

Weird.. the wife died in a car crash in England 2 years ago.. he told me she was coming back from her parents in Bedfordshire.. but then told me she died in Essex....

KEEP YOUR STORIES CONSISTENT, YOU IDIOTS.. lol

Sheesh... I feel sorry for those gullibles that end up sending money to them!!!

Please read this page http://www.data-wales.co.uk/nigerian_chat.htm

The website chap put a message from a lady.. and she is describing Mark Adams to a t!!!!!!!

Even the fact that I have more of a Brooklyn accent that Mark.. and I've never even been there... lol

Take care xxxxx
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic