SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Here - How Do I Get Information from an Email Address?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
CindyTN
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new here and coming to the realization that a guy who I've been IM'ing with from MySpace is a scammer. His story is so similar to others that I've read, although I haven't been approached for money YET. He claims to be a construction worker, working on a bridge in Africa for a few weeks and a widower with a 10 year old son. He says he was born in Mexico (where his mom was from) but raised in Amsterdam by his dad after his mother died when he was only 3 months old. He says his wife died of breast cancer 3 years ago, and he sent his son to live with his "granny" in Amsterdam until he can find someone to settle down with and find a job where he doesn't travel so much.

When I press him for information about himself, he just responds by saying that I'll learn about him in time or he accuses me of rushing him..... That's the hilarous part because he's very forward with his words and expressions to me after just a few days. He says he's coming back "home" to Kentucky in a few weeks and wants to know if I want him to meet me in my own city (I haven't given him my phone number or address). When I asked him how far away his town was from mine, he refused to answer, saying "why do you ask" and "we have plenty of time to get to know each other."

He only sends me messages through MySpace and he IM's me through Yahoo IM. He doesn't have any friends listed on his MySpace profile either.

This guy goes by the name Dave Duggan.

Is there a way to tell where his point of origin is by his Yahoo ID?
His Email: [email protected]
His Yahoo ID: constructengr_d

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cindy, welcome to the eater, if you can post the full headers from his email, we can tell you roughly where he is emailing you from.

And yes, that has all the hallmarks of a romance scammer!

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
CindyTN
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there. He's never sent me an email from his Yahoo account. He only sends me messages through MySpace, so there are no headers available. Is there any other way to obtain this information? Does his email address itself provide any clues? (sorry for the dumb questions).

Thanks so much for your help and quick response.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your questions are not dumb, so don't worry, ask what you want.

I have Googled his email address and Yahoo ID, but nothing comes up for it, as is often the case with romance scammers, send him an email and see if he replies, then post the headers, but the odds are he is in West Africa.

[edit]

I will send him an accidentally sent email and see if he replies to me to get his IP address.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
CindyTN
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much. I will definitely try doing that. I'm not going to let him know that I'm leary of him yet.... this may get interesting.

I do have a phone number he gave me, saying that this is how to reach him while he is working in Africa over the next few weeks: 0112348027719680
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That number is a Nigerian mobile phone number:

Quote:
Number billable as: mobile number
Country or destination: Nigeria
Original network provider*: Vmobile

So no need to get an email from him now as we know his location.

Last edited by Scam Patroller on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you have some pictures of him you can post up? A lot of the time they steal photos from places we know about. We may be able to identify where he got them from.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, as Wayne says, photos might be helpful, scammers often use photos stolen from modelling websites to send to romance victims.

CindyTN
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow! Thank you SO MUCH for finding that information! Now I have proof.

Yes, I have 2 photos that I will post in a few hours when I get home from work. My office has PhotoBucket and every other photo website blocked.

You're amazing. Thanks again!
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could try getting to photobucket by using their IP address instead of their normal www.photobucket.com url

Try this:

http://66.11.48.99

Takes you to the photobucket site and might bypass your employers website blockers, if not, we can wait till you leave work Very Happy

wayne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you get the chance, take a look at focusagencyhawaii.com to see if any of the models there match him. I'm not saying they will, but a large percentage of scammers use their photos so it's worth having a look there.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~Scam Patroller,

LOL Thanks for the IP. It still doesn't work. I guess they have this thing locked down pretty tight. I can't even access the hawaii site to take a look. I'll be home in a couple of hours, but I'm anxious to get these posted. Very Happy
wayne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Can you email them? I have a few chuckaway email accounts. If you want, then I can give you one to email them to and I can post them for you.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure... I can email them to you.
wayne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Doesn't look like they're focusagencyhawaii ones. Anyone recognise them? I'm always suspicious when they send small pics like that. It usually means they stole them off someone's website and that's all they could get hold of.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've spoken to him, did he sound like the guy in the pictures or did he sound more West African? I've had lads that claimed to be from all over the world that still sounded Nigerian Very Happy

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks so much for posting these. I asked him for more pictures and he won't send any. He says they're all a couple of years old. I tried my best to push, but no luck.

I'm on my way home from work, so I can look through all the great photos posted around here tonight. If anybody has seen these particular pics, please let me know.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't say I have seen those photos before either, they could be taken from any site on the internet.

CindyTN
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wayne wrote:
If you've spoken to him, did he sound like the guy in the pictures or did he sound more West African? I've had lads that claimed to be from all over the world that still sounded Nigerian Very Happy

I haven't spoken to him. He gave me that number, but I never called. Wink
GeneralAbacha
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If his father was Dutch it isn't likely his last name would be Duggan. Nor does that sound like a Mexican last name. This bears all the hallmarks of a West African romance scam. I think that he will shortly tell you one of two things-- 1) that he has had an accident in African and needs you to send him cash there or 2) He has been paid by his company but cannot cash the cheque there. He will want to send it to you and have you cash it and forward him the balance by Western Union or Moneygram.

Also she said that we need to organized some girls for a lesbian club here , then we will used them and make money , but it will needs some financial support , that if you are here with us that it will be more easy to organized . I know some big girls here that in this lesbian club , they have nice sports car and live in good bungalow.

- Joyce Organ

I WOULD ADVICE YOU TO WRITE JUSTICE AMADU BELLO AND APPOLOGISE TO HIM, YOU SHOULD TELL HIM WHY YOU ARE SCARED IS BECAUSE OF THE BELLO IN HIS NAME. YOU SHOULD TELL HIM TO FIND YOUR HUSBAND FROM THE HANDS OF HOSTAGEER AND ARREST USMAN BELLO AND THE HOSTAGE GANGS.

-Charles Soludo
Kareem Owheat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he was supposedly a Mexican national? the Short answer is NOT!
the Duggans i know were from a LOOOOOOONG wa from there...

Hey Cindy, Would you like some Competition from another "Girl"? We could try to bring in one of my monikers (Vanndickey and I were Brother and Sister once- Shocked maybe "Sis" can get out of prison on good behavior at the "Shellpile, NJ Federal prison for crimes against livestock" ) Poor Pinky would just shake his head...

Anyway- the guys are really good at this, the guy is a USDA Grade 100% "Redbone".

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ Laughing I still feel bad sis. That botched operation and all really has taken a toll on you and Pinky Wink

"EAT A DICK AND DIE SLOW"-Mrs. Mary Collins Brown

Mortar x5

Last edited by Vanndickey on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kareem Owheat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, It's a BIT*H WHEN I SNEEZE! But how's life ? Mom still wearing those "Special" panties? Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic