SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

need assistance in recognizing potential scammer...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

after reading several topics in this forum, my gut told me to post these...too many coincidences...born in east london, worked in nigeria for 2 years...wants to come to the states...

look familiar?

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/moondance1975/julius6.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/moondance1975/Julius2.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/moondance1975/julius4.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/moondance1975/julius3.jpg

appreciate any and all assistance...
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are probably stolen model pictures, and you're actually in contact with Nigerian scammers.

http://romancescam.com has a photogallery you can browse through, as well as a forum like this one. Somebody there is more likely to recognize the pictures. (Of the person who is actually not the scammer!)

There's also more stories and facts there about male scammers.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one, but you need to find the information, and accept it, yourself.

Smile

Oh yeah, DON'T SEND MONEY!
I don't care if he writes you and is being held by cannibals!!!!

Also don't cash or deposit any checks for 'him'.

If you have given any personal details, phone number, address, anything....just break it off.

Last edited by Stepan Fetchit on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the info...will check it out now...

just seems unreal that stuff like this actually happens...and to me of all people...lol

thanks to all who contribute to this site...just may have another scammer for you all to bait soon! i'll keep you posted...
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Moon,
Please read this and compare notes
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=83141
moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks bill Smile
it was actually that post and related comments that made my insides turn. my scammer does not profess to have connections to an orphanage, instead stating he is a brittish citizen working in nigeria as a petroleum engineer. he supposedly has aquired a plot of land that sits on an oil reserve, and needs assistance with 'living expenses' to get back on his feet and eventually move to the states, as he has sunk his life savings in to the land. promises of riches in the long run, expressions of love and adoration soon followed. as expected, he had funds that could not be cashed there, as he claims the NY based company that owes him money will not send it overseas. long story short, this site saved me from losing my sanity and material things i have worked so hard to obtain. i am eternally grateful! decided today to cut all ties, and i have blocked him from email and IM despite his numerous attempts to provide yet another excuse as to why he is legit. luckily i will just have a phone bill to deal with instead of owing the bank money for a long time! again, thanks to all!

FYI: he is using the name julius lawson, yahoo IM id: julaw43.

i think his profile on eharmony was reported, because a few weeks ago it was closed without reasons as to why. have yet to find the source of his pictures, as they are not on any of the sites listed as resources here.

will continue to hope someone can jack his world up...any takers?
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Phew - glad you spotted the scamming toerag before you got in too deep financially (or emotionally). Those pics you posted are clearly of some kind of model (and I think I can guess what kind Laughing )

You are doing absolutely the right thing by cutting off ALL communication with him despite his desperate efforts to drag you back in.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the affirmation, gnasher...

quick question...should i be worried that he has my address? he asked me for it and sent me flowers a while back...

also...lol...since last post, i got an envelope sent via fedex (looks like uncle janky sent it from some non-existant address in new jersey) with some blatently counterfeit american express gift cheques (cheque was frickin spelled wrong) in it totalling $2000... what now???? shred them? report it?

man, am i glad i am out of this mess!

thank you thank you thank you!!
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wouldn't be too worried he knows your address. He's in Nigeria. But it's all the more reason to sever all future contact with him. Like in the scam described in the above link, expect a charm offensive if he thinks you are cooling off. Ignore. As for the fake cheques, maybe keep one as a souvenir and reminder about how careful you have to be, but otherwise I'd just shred them.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

moondance1975 wrote:
also...lol...since last post, i got an envelope sent via fedex (looks like uncle janky sent it from some non-existant address in new jersey) with some blatently counterfeit american express gift cheques (cheque was frickin spelled wrong) in it totalling $2000... what now???? shred them? report it?

You can report it, or shred them. Most police wouldn't know what to do with them, and might question you quite closely about where you got fakey cheques from. I'd just shred them if I was you.

About him having your address. It shouldn't be a problem, as you really haven't done anything to get him all that upset. If he has your phone number, you might want to change it. If you get anything else from him or "friends" of his in the post, mark it "wrong address, return to sender" and drop it in a public mailbox. Needless to say, ignore his emails completely and don't take his phone calls.

When he figures out that you have twigged on him, he will move on.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thank you both for your help. have decided to shred them...

i think i am safe as far as the phone number is concerned...he told me yesterday that his cell phone was stolen, and begged for me to give him the number again. i refused. i have several numbers he has given me ("his friends") so that i can always be in contact with him. whatever. let me know if you want them. you are right that i have not done anything to upset him, and do not fear for my safety at this point. i will take measures to change my number if needed, but figure he will not be spending any more money trying to reel me in at this point.

thanks for the heads up on the 'charm' approach. he was working that angle last night and attempted to give me a sob story today. left things as if i had to get offline for work, and plan on being in that 'meeting' for the rest of my natural life as far as he is concerned. Smile

i cannot say it enough...thank you.
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moon, you can post their phone numbers in the mugu mail section here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=36

You might also want to visit here for more details on romance scammers:

www.internet-love-scams.org

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Moondance - If you don't want to bait, then you can help The Fight by telling all your friends and family about what happened and how many scammers there are out there. If people are educated or even aware about what goes on then hopefully they won't be tricked quite so easily.

moondance1975
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this email got thru before the block...thought i would share. you guys were right...he is trying to turn on the charm. lol too bad i am still in that meeting from yesterday as far as he knows...

[i]hello sweetheart
sorry i couldn't send the mail as promised..i had to meet someone and was taken all day..how was your day...busy..busy..busy you would say.
i promised to tell you everything i've been hiding from you anyway i found out its not really much afterall...the main problem is that i'm stuck here on money like told you earlier and the uk is not an option for me to seek funds for now.You changed a lot of things lot of things about me...I fell in love with you and now you are the anly good thing in my life.....it would hurt me much now if you leave me...i've made some mistakes in the past i'm probably suffering for them now....but i don't wanna lose you.
The check sent to you were fakes...i swear on my life i didn't know.They were sent by someone owing money like i said.....thought i had the impression he could be shady but i didn't know he would send you counterfeits..but i'm really to blame for that and i accept all responsibility for it..i wish i could turn back time and undo that..but i can't
Hon..i wnat you to trust me...this is what i need to know....how do you feel about me...i want to know if you still have feelings for me.i don't want to force myself on you,thought it would hurt me if you don't but i'll liketo know the truth..i would be on later today..morning your time..hope i'll catch you then...i once told you i love you...i really mean it.
julius [/i]

wouldn't you think a british citizen with a masters degree in petroleum engineering would have a better grasp on the english language??

can't say it often enough...thank you thank you thank you...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic