SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Breaking The curse

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Centaure wrote:
If your main goal is really breaking; I can provide you with the appropriate ritual ceremony guide book

lol nice one.. no worries my rosary will do the trick

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Your biggest issue is going to be eliminating the transfer of money frauds that take place on these sites.

The first thing I would do is eliminate all "Western Union"/"direct deposits"/fake checks/fake money orders as payment options.
The buyer has no recourse when they pay this way and don't receive their goods.
For years, innocent people send payment, never to receive the goods. Sellers receive fake or stolen money orders and checks, they send the goods and only later discover the fraud.

Have all money held in an escrow account. Once the goods are received, payment is released.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Have all money held in an escrow account. Once the goods are received, payment is released.

He'd have to set up and run that himself. Escrow company fraud is also a huge problem with online auctions/ sales.

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

True say,

I've visited the SouthAfrican auction site and read many of the posts in their forum related to auction problems.

Piracy and stolen goods are also a big headache I'm trying to address.

We have been speaking with ZenithBank in Nigeria about payment system, although things seem to be a little slow there especially that there is some issue with the Visa card.

Also Moneybookers said they will soon be working in Nigeria, but I guess that will be far fetched, they seem a good option for the escrow system

I've been working on different checks as well to encourage safe trade, but the start is the biggest issue... How to avoid having prove the result of dishonesty and thereby allowing some people become scape goats

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

SlayerFaith wrote:
He'd have to set up and run that himself. Escrow company fraud is also a huge problem with online auctions/ sales.

That's what it boiled down too in the end:)

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, there are banks who offer escrow services. There are also legitmate escrow companies, that he would need to contract with. One that can be checked out for legitimacy first.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
persephone
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am curious. Once this site is launched, I presume it will be an 'open' site, where everyone interested in trading can register and buy and sell goods. Correct assumption? How are you going to ensure that the people who enter your site are honest business people and not scammers? As you can see by browsing through this site, there are a lot of different scams. They don't all use WU or MG, so by eliminating that option you still haven't secured the buyers and sellers from scammers. I sincerely applaud your goal of creating a site that will help to restore the reputation of Nigeria and Nigerian business, but I am a bit skeptical on whether or not you will succeed in keeping the scammers at bay. As beautiful as your intentions are, it could provide scammers another platform for their activities.

EDIT: see that my question was already asked. Sorry, typed a bit slow, I presume.

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes you are totally right, the twists in scams numerous. The way I look at it is that initially it wil all have to be national, meaning Nigerians dealing with Nigerians, because I can't think of anyone right now who will open his eyes and do any online trade with any Nigerian.

Here is a reply to one of the questions in my survey.

===============================
"We are crooked in Nigeria and unless I see the goods and test it I won't pay a Nigerian"
================================

Once I can successfuly put filter the bad eggs, even with the help of the local members who can acually get hold of the people easily, then I can safely recomment International trading. By that time I would have been able label the good guys and recommend the trade.

I have set up different checks, some directly and others indirectly.. one example automatic mobile phone check.

Also I'm working on a larger scale to see how to arrange verification points, where people can inspect physical goods as well.

I know its going to be hard... reaaaaaaally hard but I keep working at it

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does that mean that you are going to trace IPs to ensure that everybody on the site is in Nigeria? Or can they only register by calling from a Nigerian landline?

As stated before, if there was a reliable escrow service it would go a long way.

I don't quite agree with 'nobody wants to do business with Nigerians except other Nigerians'. I would be very interested in buying goods from Nigeria or any other country as long as I can be sure I get the goods in a good condition for the right price. It's the whole 'doing business with someone you never met over the internet' that gives me the creeps personally. It has very little to do with Nigeria having a bad reputation. I think you can find bad apples in any bunch, so I would be cautious with any nationality. Just thought I would clear that up, before someone starts shouting 'racism' again Wink

Closed lad accounts loads
pony pony Mortar x46 United States 3x Canada Malaysia 2x Netherlands 2x Nigeria 2x Ghana 3x Ivory Coast 9x United Kingdom 3x Spain Bahamas, The Germany Australia Algerian Flag Togo 2x Cellphone Pretty Rose Safari 4 days of travel - 7 days stuck in airport
homer_seshel
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with persephone,

I would not mind purchasing items that are natively from Nigeria. I have seen alot of very impressive artwork coming from the area, and no... I'm not talking about Shiv's carvings either. Laughing

If this is legit, I commend your work and know that you will have a long, hard road to go down in this.

Good Sister Mary: please do you have any money to send to me i m in big sheet here
Safari Operator
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~persephone,

RACIST!

(it had to be done)
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@persephone,

SmileSmile Lucky I'm half Nigerian so can't be a racist:)

This reminds me of the saying... Why can't we all just get along?

It's all so simple� If you sell honestly, in the long run you will gain more because of your credibility. But the damage is done

I've thought of the issue of using IP to check identify people, but majority of Nigerians will be using the Internet cafes to trade, so I will only use IP to narrow down the source of a dangerous character.

The way I want to play it is to welcome people from different parts of the worlds to see what is happening on the site. But I will focus on pushing National trade first to test the hot waters, and then when the system has been tested, modified and proven to work... Then International trade will be the next target.

By that time I can firmly stand my ground to say what a buyer or seller can expect.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

homer_seshel wrote:
. . . . . you will have a long, hard road to go down in this.

Exactly, that's what makes it so painful, because Nigeria is very much trade oriented and do have a lot of good stuff... everyone has a vision of duing business from a young age.

But it's a pity that too many were in a hurry and found short cuts.

I spent 4 years in the University in Nigeria, but left because of the strike.. after 4 years I was still in second year:) so I just packed up and left.

However when I was in school I hardly when home to collect money from my folks, there was always some ay to make money buying or selling.. even to be a agent will yield.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it might be worth adding a section about the tactics used by scammers on both sides of the trade. i know a lot of people might not even glance at it but it would be worth it if it saved someone from getting conned.

Safari lagos to douala "i am tired of roaming west africa"

i like pretty flags. want your own?
46X United Kingdom 10X Cellphone 8X Nigeria 5X United States 5X Spain 5X Netherlands 4X Ghana 4X South Africa 4X Malaysia 3X Togo 3X Switzerland 3X (???) 2X Russia 2X Canada 2X Benin Sweden Isle Of Man Ivory Coast and a sierra leone diamond site.
Mortar x9
Nurse Nasty needs a new endoscope. Donate!
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great Idea:) I'm planning to link to forums such as this so people can see to.

This is very importnat indeed

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This forum is really amazing...

I've just been reading some things, and really its just like in the movies I should say:)

Great job to everyone:)

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

For my part scamming is NOT a nigerian thing it's done everyday by people all over the world.

As far as I am concern your project seem noble, It's just that walking on water as not been done in a looong time

<a class="postlink" target="_blank" href="http://www.google.ca/">ULTIMATE BAITING TOOL</a>
<a class="postlink" target="_blank" href="http://www.google.ca/">
</a>

Cellphone x Wathever
Proud member of Chalco's unicef massbaiting team.
For Mr. Sosbee
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Indeed.. the scam is everywhere... a pity too that Nigeria has kind of marked itself with the name.

But from what you say.. It's more or less an awakening not to loose track of the ball... SCAM IS EVERYWHERE

About the walking on water.. I do hope I don't drown:)

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I really hope that your idea works.

I think that your best chance of success would be to put your main focus on adding LOTS of security measures. Keep researching.

I have thought of one idea that could be effective in deterring scammers from using your site. Perhaps it may be a bit extreme, or not even possible to do, but it is at least an idea to get you thinking.

You mentioned IP blocking in a previous post, and then made the point that this would not be possible because so many nigerian use internet cafes. Well would it be possible to block an entire cafe from using your site? You could make a policy that if a certain amount of fraud complaints are linked back to any particular cafe, that cafe will be blocked from using the service (maybe for only a certain amount of time).

This might prove to be very effective, since we know that some cafes are more prevelant with scammers than others. Some cafes are even totally free of scammers, depending on how strict the owner is. Using this ban policy could be a very effective way to prevent fraud by blocking out the cafes that are more likely to be harboring scammers.

How about that idea?

Safari Safari "WE HAVE REALLY SUFFERED GREATLY ON THIS 23 HOURS TRIP FROM IBADAN TO YOLA AND FINALLY TO MADUGURI. IT WAS A SERIOUS TERIBLE JOURNEY." - Kenny the healer - aprox 2500 miles

"I have worn your soul and I will Auction it to the land of the dead before 2 weeks. I laugh at your stupidity. I shall drink my early morning tea with your skull in the land of the dead by two weeks from now" - Cassidy the photographer -

pony pony Mortar x10
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

KeyserSoze ... Nice name.

Thanks for this.. It is a good idea. NOTED:)

This are the kind of security measures that I would like to implement, one that will ultimately make things harder for a scammer to breathe. Directly and indirectly blocking smammers in many ways will really go a long way in filtering the system.

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still waiting for the confirmation reply for my registration on this thing....
Crying or Very sad

<a class="postlink" target="_blank" href="http://www.google.ca/">ULTIMATE BAITING TOOL</a>
</a>

Cellphone x Wathever
For Mr. Sosbee
JoeTam
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Simply put, I don't trust anyone I don't know, or can contact safely. Good luck with your business. You're going to need it. When we see video of people shooting at police arresting sacmmers, I, for one, could care less about your attempt at business. You need to get your nation fixed up first, and that's not going to happen, is it? I will do business with people that I know will be honest. Why would anyone do business with someone in a country strife with crime and law breakers? It's just so foolish! It's a shame, but I could never trust you, ever. Blame your countrymen if you need to. I wouldn't send you a fake nickel, much less anything else. I can't even imagine any one with half a mind, buying anything from a west African nation businessman. It is just a bad idea, all around. Experience proves that, time, after time, after time. I admire your cause, but, you have a long way to go. Especially when we see crooks intimidating police who are trying to do their job. No thanks Pal. Maybe Charles Soludo or Mariam Abacha could help you out. I'm not going to. I have enough going on myself.

I went to bank. they call police, why you do this to me? I canntsend you anything now.
Goat dog
nigerianauction
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Centaure wrote:
Still waiting for the confirmation reply for my registration on this thing....
Crying or Very sad

Please can you send me a PM on your registration details let me have a look

Thanks

Edward

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@JoeTam~

Hello Joe, yes I do have a great task ahead of me.. a huge one indeed. Even as the program is ready to run now, I am not yet launching unless I do have the proper setup in place, not just a perfect script.

My first target is to encourage trading within the country itself , let the dogs deal with each other and I will be able to get facts and experience from this, only then will I safely encourage anyone outside Nigeria to do business. The road is long and hard, but I beleive its worth a try.

Cheers

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@nigerianauction~

Not Soludo by any chance ?

</a>

Cellphone x Wathever
For Mr. Sosbee
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic