SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Legality of scambaiting

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bowline wrote:
But, if you offer them money and then don't pay when they keep their end of the bargain (e.g. "meeting" you 100 miles away, riding a goat naked, or whatever) then basicaly you have started a whole seperate scam. The only difference is that you know it's a scammer you're targeting. But I don't see how that would make a difference legally.

If you're not profiting, it might not be criminal, but I think they would be (legally) justified to sue you for expenses.

I really would love to see that in court. "Your honor, I was innocently trying to scam Mr. Smith out of his life's savings by telling him he won a nonexistant lottery, when he blatantly deceived me and forced me to spend money renting 3 goats and a sheep for a picture he said he needed. He's legally liable because he signed this contract. See, there's his signature, Ben Dover!"
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
battery
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he means the kind of case where a mugu is asked to make a carving or write a 10,000 word handwriting sample in exchange for cash for services rendered.

In this case, in international law there is a piece of legal terminology, which can be used in almost all such circumstances to describe the mugu's situation, and what kind of compensation he can expect in such an occurance:

"If you sit under an elephant's arse, you get shat on"

DONATE
---

I don't deserve a pony Sad

of course you deserve a pony-lotta Very Happy
pony pony pony
419weasel
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@saralk,

Like others have said, if you feel uncofortable with something, don't do it. I personally like to make the scammers think about my characters night and day, wondering how "he" or "she" ever got the best of them. I've done this by having them fill out forms, go to the WU office 5 or more times in a row with bogus MTC numbers (and get emails from them complaining of being "interrogated" Laughing ), calling them at 3:30am thier time......

Scammers are not nice people.
Evil or Very Mad

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm an old lag - I've done so many bad and illegal things to Lads that they've variously reported me to the FBI, CIA, "Meterpolitan Police", Interpol, Mafias, Maffias, witch doctors, Chango, and the World Wildlife Fund.

Amazingly, I'm still alive and at large, but probably facing a 543-year sentence at Taronga Zoo...... Very Happy

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
ugumaru
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you see someone commiting a crime it is your duty to stop him and help the victim if there is no danger for you. Thats the law at least here in germany, and I assume other countries have similar laws.

If we get a scam-email we know for sure that the scammer also tries to get other victims. I most cases, if the scammer does not cc the other victims, baiting is the only way we can slow down the crime and maybe prevent a few people from being scammed.
If someone is threatening someone else with a knive and you tell him to put a fish on his head and make a carving of mickey mouse before he will be allowed to attack you too, its perfectly legal.

When you make the lad spend money or send you stuff its a bit different, but still no prosecutor, judge or anybody else in his right mind would try to prosecute you for it. Unless of course you make the lad send you something that is worth some money, like an iPod or things like that.

Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone Cellphone

OOOOOOOOOOO
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^
by wasting their time, we stopping them from commiting a crime thus lowering their chances of being sent to prison. they should thank us really. Laughing

Safari lagos to douala "i am tired of roaming west africa"

i like pretty flags. want your own?
46X United Kingdom 10X Cellphone 8X Nigeria 5X United States 5X Spain 5X Netherlands 4X Ghana 4X South Africa 4X Malaysia 3X Togo 3X Switzerland 3X (???) 2X Russia 2X Canada 2X Benin Sweden Isle Of Man Ivory Coast and a sierra leone diamond site.
Mortar x9
Nurse Nasty needs a new endoscope. Donate!
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Saral K.
I'm sure that our members will do their level best to put your mind at rest about the legality of scambaiting. You could also do your own research on line.
However, if you have any concerns or doubts then I suggest that you run them by your parents. They may well want to know what their 17 years old son is up to communicating with fraudsters on his computer.
Smile

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
Toussaint Tatsugi
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ It's just spooky when he does that.

I WILL NOT BE INVOLVED IN ANY ATTEMPT TO DISTABILIZE AN ESTABLISHED GOVT BY ANY GUERILLA MEANS AS IT IS SINFUL AND AGAINST THE WILL OF GOD. <richard>

The road to greatness and goodworks in life is not an anus one can open with one palm. <Rev. Joe>

pls send me that money i need mr .pls for the sack of God ok .thank u <mother sandra>

you are mad not to know that as a renowned international lawyer with wide knowledge on mysticism I can remote control your inner man to yield to complete madness <arman>

Mortar x9
DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The interesting thing is that after posting a 'hot' topic the OP has never returned. But there are 2 pages of answers.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Connie L. Gus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^It appears to be his modus operandi all over the internet. What a shame.

LISTEN I CAN NOT TAKE YOUR SHIT ANY LONGER WE HAVE WHROTE A PETITION AGAINST YOU TO THE FBI WITH ALL OUR EVIDENCE YOU ARE INTO PROSTITUTION,DRUG DEALING, FORGERY, CREDIT CARDS FORGRY WESTEN UNION FALSIFICATION,DRUGING MEN,COMMETING MURDER, STEALING, DRUNCARD, ALL THIS WE HAVE THE EVIDENCE TO PROOF OUR CASE AGAINST YOU.-Johnson Hill
SafariI am not finding it any funny...Henry A., Lagos, Nigeria to Cotonou, Benin, WIMPed
Safari I am stranderd. Henry A. Lagos to Accra, WIMPed for 67 days.
* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Standard Procedure
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Novice Navis wrote:
A wealthy Iranian businessman dying from esophageal cancer offered me USD $2,000.00 for each scammer scalp I sent to him. But now I have to pay demurrage fees...

Don't tell me you're one of the facebook league baiters Laughing </off topic>

But, back on topic, I'm the type that has a little bit of compassion in me, even for the worst type of people out there. I wouldn't want to send a lad on safari unless he was bugging me to the extreme, but I would try to waste their time as much as I can by getting them to fill out endless forms, pay for this and that such as hotel rooms and other things, and getting them to repeat themselves over and over again. Like it was said earlier, these people have the option to not respond to us. There's nothing wrong with a scammer spending their money, but it is our art to waste their time and money, and it certainly isn't illegal!

The following statement is true
The above statement is false
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic