SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Internet friendship scams

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
silver696
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Myself and my best friend joined a website called SHAREDmessanger.com a couple of months ago. It is a site aimed toward making friends and other relations worldwide.
Not long after joining, we both got mails from what i consider scammers. I would get the women trying to scam me, and my firend (who was female) got the men. Some were easy spotted scams such as sending a long story of thier problem and basically asking if we could help.
But last week...My friend...she was contacted by a guy on that site. He said he was from USA. after a few days, he was saying he loved her and she was falling for him. He, apparently, was the manager of a hairdressers in the States. The OWNER of the hairdressers had another hairdressers in Nigeria. lol. ok.
A day later, this guy went to visit his boss in Nigeria at which point he was fired. Thats when he asked my friend for money. She told me what was happening and i told her he was cnning her. He had hooked her, but my advice was stronger.

Last week, she set up a second fake female account on this site and started talking to him, to see what he would do. Unfortunately, her internet was cut off and she wont be back online till till Friday. That was a week since they started talking on the new account. Worse still...was she convinced ME to take on the role of this fake woman Sad So I did just because i wanted to prove to her what he was.
Everything was the same. He said he loved the fake woman and he needed money to pay his bills before he could come visit. Only differance is, this time he was stuck in Malaysia and needed the money put in his bosses name and send to Malaysia. My guess there are 2 guys, one in Nigeria and one in Malaysia...as for why he needs a partner in another country, i dunno.
Anyway, he thinks she...I am sending him �300 via western Union in a couple of days to his boss in Malaysia. AND he also thinks my friend is sending him �1000 to pay his bills in Nigeria so he can come to the UK where she is. Infact, she is just stringing him along too after what I found out.

The reason for my comming to this site was I want to get these people back. They try to ruin lives and when it affects my family and friends, i want payback. Not just him, but all the others on this site. Every mail i get from there which i know is a con I write on thier webpage they are conners and such. But thats all I thought to do was warnn others. by leaving this message.

What More can I do?
Frozboz
AT-AT Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater silver696!

I'm glad neither you nor your friend were actually taken in by the scammer. Many are not so lucky.

Be sure to read all the stickies, bait safe and sign up for a mentor here. Overall, be sure to have a good time while wasting theirs Smile

Wooden Trophies: Stormtrooper Helmet - AT-AT #1 - AT-ATs #3, #4 & #5
Brass Trophy: AT-AT #2
Mortar x3
silver696
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

oky doky, will do. i will get my friend to join next week too. we make quite the team, lol
SlayerFaith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the Eater, Silver! Very Happy
Since the Nurse seems to be busy at the moment, here's your innoculation:
Clicky!
Glad to hear that you want to take on the love-scammers, they are some of the worst scum out there!

Mugu Reseller Ukraine x2 United Kingdom x24 United States x7 Spain x5 Nigeria x5 Russia x96 South Africa x2 Ivory Coast x2 Netherlands x2 Ghana x2 Australia x2 cameroon x2 Japan x3 Germany Malaysia Canada Benin x3 Malawi France United Arab Emirates United Nations x2 x2 (in a team effort)

ANIMAL,MY FRIEND MY PRAYER IS THIS,LET ALL MY ENEMIES BE IN TROUBLE LIKE CHRIST INGIGE,AND LAZY PEOPLE LIKE YOU BE LIKE WABARA.THANK YOU- Kelechukwu Nduka
"Did he say they have an inflatable pig? That's sick!"- Crash, Vegas 06
"You can be a right Bitch sometimes SF"- Cherrie, GenChat 07

Naked Mod pics!
star
silver696
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. Some scammers target our greed, these scammers target our emotions. like you said, scum.
madpoet
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Pull some kind of move...tell him you lied about your age and you're really 15... see if he'll come visit..then get your parents involved...and have them tell him they'll fly him to the States if he marries their daughter.

I giving you the lawyer's contact needs you to call him often and make all necessary arrangement to get my money
silver696
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know for a fact he wont do a single thing without recieving the money first. He wont let me...her visit him and he cant afford to visit the UK. ye right.
silver696
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This is a message the scum sent to my friend after her not being online for a couple of days.

i have missed u alot even i send u text messge i dont knw wht is happen too ya babe plzs r u ok?
plzs make sure u try and send me text message as soon as u get this message i sent u alright i can't waite not to hear from u babe plzs make sure u come online or ealse i can KILL my self because i dont have any fucking body to help me down here any more that u my love plzs am crying as am typing this message to ya come online and weep my tear's away alright i real love u alot plzs come online.

God i hate this guy
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Romance scammers are the lowest form of scum in my opinion, and that's why I take such great delight in baiting them. Getting them on IM and keeping them busy for an hour or 2 a day for a few weeks is, as far as I'm concerned, better than any trophy anyone posts up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic