SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

amateurmatch.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
AmateurMatchSucksAss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is about a scam website called amateurmatch.com I signed up for a free profile to this website. The next day I started getting 4 or 5 emails from women each day, saying they want to hook up with me, etc. Bascially the staff at amateurmatch.com make up fake profiles and send you messages from them. You can't reply to these messages without first signing up and paying for a membership. The reason I know these messages are fake is because I put no picture on my profile. As well I didn't even fill out my profile information, instead I just wrote, blah, blah, blah in all the text areas of the profile. There is no way 15 or 20 women in a few days are going to reply to a profile with no pic or info.

I would like if some of you would set up a profile on amateurmatch.com and where it lets you put in your own text (About myself, what I am looking for, etc) please write amatuermatch.com is a scam and will send you messages from fake ppl in order to get you to buy membership or something to this effect. This might keep some newbies to the site from getting sucked in by these scammers. Thank You.
mizliz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I seem to recall a scandal where they paid people to go on dates? Who was it match.com?

wait a minute, "find your sex partner"??

Come on buddy no one feels bad you got scammed out trolling fo rsex partners Laughing

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I actually didnt get scammed, I saw through it right away and never joined. It just pissed me off and I thought maybe we could help some others from being scammed. I dislike how they prey on lonely vulnerable ppl. Thanks for the smartass reply though.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.
I don't think that you have posted anything that proves the site admins are doing anything illegal and would warrant attacking the site itself with abuse letters.
Romance scammers troll boards like that looking for new victims and the romance baiters here specifically look for sites to join to get new lads to play with.
As is characteristic of most lads- they don't bother reading things, for the most part- that they contacted you with no picture and 'blah blah blah' in your text box is no big surprise.
I'm sure that there will quite a few baiters here who would enjoy messing with the lads that contacted you.
Many of us agree with you- Romance scammers prey on the lonely; they are scum.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
AmateurMatchSucksAss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand what you are saying TSnerd. However I am pretty much positive it is the site admin sending these messages to trick ppl into joining. I know this because I did a google on them and found plenty of ppl who have been scammed by this. All of them have basically the same story. They put up a FREE profile then got several emails a day from interested females. So they then payed for a membership so they could reply. However as soon as they had paid their money, noone would respond to the replies they sent and they immediatly stopped getting any responses. If it was scammers trolling the boards sending these messages, why would they not reply to responses? It just doesnt make sense. That is why I am 99% sure it is the site admin baiting ppl to join up. A quick google of "amatuer match" "scam" turns up plenty of ppl who share the same opinion as myself.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do. You'd need proof that this is done. Ip headers showing it's coming from them, etc. and then send it to their their isp provider.

It does not seem possible to bait these people if they don't respond to your mails.

There are many free sites out there, sign up at one of those. However, be careful as there are many scammers who will contact you.

@Mizliz

Being scammed is OK because he was looking for a sex partner? That really is quite an inappropriate response. Please don't judge people.
Rolling Eyes

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey

Last edited by lotta on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
AmateurMatchSucksAss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the response Lotta. I'm not really in need of a dating service. The only reason I did the free profile was because you have to before you can search profiles. I was merely curious as to what kind of ppl were on there from my area. I didn't really have any intention of meeting anyone from on there, as I am doing alright on my own.

I just thought I would post it here so maybe others would see and not get ripped off. Also I thought if a few ppl made fake profiles and wrote something like, "Don't join this site as it is a rip off" or something like this, then maybe it would save a few ppl from losing their money to this site. I made a profile like this and got a response from a guy saying that he had been scammed into joining in this same manner. It was too late for him already when he saw my profile but maybe for some others it wont be.

But really I am not too worried about this site, just wanted to get the info out about it, thats all.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Stick around Amateur and why not bait some of these scammers?

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep- what Lotta said
I think you've got the right idea about these fuckers; The romance baiters can always use another baiter...so can the phone lad crew Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
AmateurMatchSucksAss
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. I am starting on my first baits. Here is the link where I posted about it

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81098
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic