SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Chinese scammers?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've gotten 2 messages from Chinese women on Cupidbay. So far, one of them has emailed me and her IP resolves to Guangzhou. Nothing suspicious in the letter except that she let's me know up front she's using a translator (I'm pretty sure she means a human translator, the English is too good to be a program):

Quote:
Hello Richard,

Thanks for your message on cupidbay. I wonder if we have the chance to know each other better.

I was born in the North-east of China and now work in Hong Kong. I am working in a hospital as a physical therapist. I hope I can help more people to keep healthy and happy with my skill and affection.

After my divorce, I have one son and one daughter now live together with me. My daughter is 17 years old while my son is 9 years old. They are both very good kids.

I like music, sports, watching movie, and also like to make my place clean and tidy. I cook well, especially Chinese food. My son and my daughter enjoy my food very much.

I take family as a very important part of my life; I hope to find some one to share the rest of my life. I am not looking for rich man or handsome man, what I really want is someone who loves wife and children, caring, kind, knows how to take care of others.

There is one thing I should be completely honest. To be frankly, I do not know much English. I can read and write some simple words and sentences. But it is difficult for me to write this letter by myself.

So I ask a translator to help me with the translation. But the words and thoughts are from me. And I am working hard on my English. I am learning English by myself. I hope I can improve my English day by day. I hope I can get your understanding and support. If you do not want to contact with me, I can also understand that.

If you still interested in me after reading this letter, if you never mind the language barrier, I will tell you more about me.

Look forward to your reply!

Sincerely,
Lucy

Whaddya think? I don't want to mess with someone who's for real.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be suspicious of anybody who contacts from a website designed for people to "make connections" of any kind... Anyone can scam... Keep an eye on this one for sure.

Edit: If she asks you for money, she's a scammer. Laughing

Click for lad pain. - New to the forum? Introduce yourself HERE!
Easter Egg 2012 pony Turns that frown upside down- TS
Mc Fry
<-- Official 419Eater buns awarded by Luther Blissett, bun-enabler extraordinaire.
Pith Helmet Remy D1ckson - 1,000 miles from Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire to Lagos, Nigeria and back!

Lad Quotes
http://members.419eater.com/~419weasel/ladquotes.html
asiaguy
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If she is really from China then the chance of her scamming you for cash is virtually nil. The currency controls in China make it really difficult for the China girl to pick up any cash. Western Unions and Money Gram type services are virtually impossible to use. Real ID has to been shown. Even the WU slips in my part of the world have strict regulations on funds going to China. There is a box right on the form that says that the person receiving the money MUST be a foreigner and MUST produce an International passport to collect the cash. This applies to all amounts over US$500.

My bet is she is just trying out her English. The Chinese can double their salaries if they are fluent in English now. She is probably paying the translator while she converses with you.

I would seriously, seriously doubt she will scam you if she really is sitting in China.

If she asks you to visit and make a deposit in a fake offshore bank website, then that's a different story and more like the Chinese scamming style.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the insight. If she's on the up and up and needs to practice her English, I'll be more than happy to be her pen pal.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

She messaged me too......
The False Italian
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a group of mugus in Guangzhou...
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what province is Hong Kong? i havent responded to her yet
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hong Kong and Guangzhou are both in Guangdong Province.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Hong Kong and Guangzhou are both in Guangdong Province.

Hong Kong is officially an SAR (Special Administrative Region) of China.
Guangzhou is the closest province to Hong Kong.
Hong Kong has it's own currency, banking system, freedom of the press and social programs that don't exist in Guangzhou. Hong Kong uses the HK dollar and Guangzhou uses the Yuan/RMB.
Also, you still have to cross a border that requires a passport to get from Hong Kong to Guangzhou. Even those who live in Hong Kong and have a Hong Kong passport must have their passports stamped at the border crossing to Guangzhou.

If anything, your Lad/Ladette is in Hong Kong and telling you that he/she is in China. HK has no currency controls, tons of WU/MG outlets and none of the restrictions that being in Guangzhou would place on the Lad/Ladette.

If your Lad/Ladette is from "somewhere else" and basing themselves in China, they would have to apply for a visa, pay US$70, wait for the visa, then enter Guangzhou. Even with all that work, their visit would be limited to a single entry and 14 days. Also, collecting the WU/MG cash would be a nightmare for any Lad basing themselves in Guangzhou.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, asiaguy. Both of my new penpals say they are in HK. Their IP's resolve to Guangzhou.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic