SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

She wants a letter of invitation

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oksana (not Belousova) wants to come visit me. She supposedly won 1000 Euros in the lottery which I'm pretty sure isn't enough to pay for everything involved in coming over here. She hasn't asked for money yet, but she wants my name and address, a letter of invitation and photocards (whatever they are) of my son and me. Don't know what to make of this one since I've never heard anyone mention anything about any of their Vladettes ever using this angle. Anyone have any ideas?

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When in doubt, ignore the request!

See if she repeats the request, or just continues on without pushing it.
If she does insist and acts like she will cut you off, look up the actual visa requirements for your country.
If this is an actual requirement there's probably some way to dodge the issue with her.
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm in the US. I didn't find anything on the State Dept website about a letter of invitation.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ignore it. If she asks again, you can find some pics of a man and son to send.
If she pushes about the letter, you can tell her you are a felon, and won't qualify as an official invitee, or your afraid if you give your real name to the visa people, the IRS will find you, or child support, etc

I'd stall and ignore first.
She shouldn't be too concerned if she's the normal scammer just after western union money.
If she's up to something else, she may get stubborn. May be interesting to see what happens.
If you're a seedy character, won't matter to her if she just wants you to send some quick cash. Maybe not even if she's trying something more involved
See what happens.
Gatorizer
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Letters of Invitation are issued by individuals and businesses willing to "sponser" a person to the states or other 1st world country. It helps her in the visa interview but also reveals personal and most important "financial" information of the sponser; as that is what is most important to the consolate officers in the interview. (Does the sponser have the funds to support the applicant? Will she become drain on the states welfare system?) Certain income requirements must be met before anyone can sponser another. A minumum wage worker can not sponser another to the states "even if married" from a 3rd world country, because his income is considered poverty level. Sounds like she may be phishing for your income status to see if you quailify.

"Hey, i think am becoming stressed up with this transaction with you.....[Andrew Williams][email protected] (epilepsy anyone?)...lol " 419eater.com--- The most fun a man can have.....With his clothes on."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic