SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

BlackMatch.com taking some action

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think this is probably the right place for this. I got this email today, and I also posted it elsewhere. Members of BlackMatch have been receiving this email:

Controlling the African Scam Artists on BlackMatch.com

Dear BlackMatch.com Member,

Over the past several months we have received a large number of complaints about unsavory individuals on BlackMatch.com who have been soliciting our members with fraudulant financial propositions - most originating from the West African countries of Ghana and Nigeria. We've tried many...many...many times in the past to control this problem, but all they did was come back using a different username and email address. This problem is not unique to BlackMatch.com alone - ALL dating and community based sites are reporting this ever growing problem worldwide!

In order to eliminate this problem once and for all, we requested the assistance of several international law enforcement agencies. As a result of months of hard work and diligence on our part, the owners of the accounts in question are currently under investigation by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigations, Interpol, Ghana�s Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Israeli Special Police Unit (YAMAM) and other African, Middle Eastern and international law enforcement authorities. We have turned over all records including IP addresses for all computers in question. It is our intent and desire that these individuals be caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of international law!

We apologize if the activities of these criminals have negatively impacted your experience on BlackMatch.com. In addition to cooperating with international authorities, we are in the process of implementing next generation security enabling software that will filter out criminals from our site so that your experience will be a positive one.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or to report a scam artist by completing the form located at the link below.

Sincerely,
BlackMatch.com Fraud Control Unit

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wonder how effective they will be, still nice to see someone taking some proactive measures

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be nice to see other organizations *coughyahoohotmailMSNcough* attempt a similar approach.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
frankireland
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well if they introduced fee paying email for all email addresses even $5 a year then that would set lads back a lot. Imagine for each email address that was closed down they would lose $5.
That would be the end of 419 scams

HOW CAN YOU EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT?

what i suggest we do is since you want to go into importation of drugs are you sure it is a good business venture to invests the funds in ?

Fake bank kills United Kingdom United Kingdom Ivory Coast Nigeria China
Mortar x21
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good news Miyu Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
dave30076
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds great, and while I hope they can and do get the bad guys, isn't it often the case that these guys are logging on in internet cafes? They'll trace it toa cafe, and the owner will plead ignorance, and point to the signs he posts about not using his computers for scamming.

As someone else said, they've got to make a dent at the freemail sites, so it's not so easy to get a free email address, and that the providers will move quicker to nuke addresses used for scams.
miyu
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The proof will be in the kitchen, or whatever they say. still, I think it is encouraging that at least one dating site is trying to (hopefully) take some action. I hope it will lead to good things.

I know from a friend of mine (occasional baiter) that the scammers are really hitting the black dating sites. This is how I got signed up there. Maybe some of the other dating sites will follow this lead.

[08:08] pastor_jerry45: b4 u try anything on me....i will destroy, i will make ur life impossible (Yim "romance" scammer)

PA writes: I wouldn't mind if you locate the House in Tokyo or Osaka, as long as it is good and very close to where you stay, so that we can always keep in close touch with eash other. (Oh, warm and fuzzy feeling).
Carrott
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anything that hurst the scammers has got to be a good thing.

frankireland has a point too, about maybe charging for email accounts, but while i agree that this might add to the security level in that if the lads lose money they (with any luck) would leave the dating site. With many free sites there, would that also cause the genuine users to leve too - would they realize the benefits of the increased security or opt for a free site?
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A lad can sign up to anything using stolen CC details. If you had to pay for an email account then we'd have less lads, but the ones that'd be left would be the more sophisticated ones. And of course people would trust the emails more because they came from a paid service.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a personal buddy who builds the back-end services for several well known dating sites.
Here is what is happening from his side.

#1. Credit card companies are now seriously getting involved due to the large amounts of "returns" being suffered on behalf of the dating sites billings due to bogus/stolen credit cards.

#2. Users will not know this but if they join, then attempt to contact more than 5 other users on the first day, they will be put into a "holding pen." They will think that they are sending/spamming a bunch of people but their attempts will be blocked until the credit card process has completely cleared.

This is designed to stop "instant spamming" where someone joins the site with a bogus card then spams the site. This is extremely common.

So, it is a start and all the dating sites everywhere may adopt these policies. They are all getting hurt on the revenue side and the customer complaint side of their businesses right now so everyone is expected to adopt this simple new back-end "holding pen" technology.

It's a start and a welcome one at that.

I will cock you in a bottle and add peper to your eyes while you will die (My lost love Lad...Morgan)
fuck off and never contact me any more get this insult to your entire family (Barrister Philip Nowoke after 9 futile trips to WU)
I don't know how you think they will be liking your asshole (Paul Mbecki - banker Lad)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic