SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I guess they will read the emails after all....

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was very early into the bait with a Russian lass. Here was her second email to me:

Quote:
Hil! Thanks for your note, I hope to gon on with you, as you seem to be an interesting and serious man.
Of course I would like to tell you a bit about myself. I live on the east of Ukraine, in Lugansk. I am divorced for 4 years already. Though my marriage failed to be happy I am optimistic and believe that I will find my soul mate, my special man for the rest of my life.
I live with my son Sasha, he is 18 and he goes to college. I am proud of him. He tries to help his mum:)
I am self-employed, my job deals with make up, I like it as it is pleasant and creative.
My hobbies are various, I like meeting with friends, nature, swimming, reading, watching TV.
I am looking only for serious raltions. Liars and games are not for me. Life is too short to spend it on such silly things.
What about you? What do you do for your living? Your hobbies, dreams, intentions, family? Tell me more about yourself as a person, please. To see your photos would be nice too.
Take care and till soon,

It was reasonably well written, and perhaps that should have tipped me off, but I responded nonetheless with my usual:
Quote:

That is very interesting to hear. What the world needs now is love, sweet love
It's the only thing that there's just too little of What the world needs now is love, sweet love,
No not just for some but for everyone. Lord, we don't need another mountain,
There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb There are oceans and rivers enough to cross, Enough to last till the end of time.

So what I'm saying is, what the world needs now is love, sweet love It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love, No, not just for some but for everyone. Anyway that is the way I feel about things.

Her reply, to my astonishment:

Quote:
Hi, [NAME]! Well, the world really needs love. Everyone and a lot. But it depends on us, don't you think? We should be open, sincere, believe in people and be optimistic.
What is love for you? I guess evryone has his own vision of this feeling. What does it mean for you?

Three possible explanations that I can come up with:

1. She's real.
2. The lad is paying extra special attention b/c my character is off the "Wealthy Men" website, and they don't want to lose the scam due to inattention,
3. Random decision to read my response and write back appropriately.

I'm going to have to throw a few tests out there about her visiting me to see if the visa money comes up....

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
johnnyringo
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It would be a shame if she turns out to be the genuine article. Has it ever happened to you before? I'm brand new at this stuff, but I'm guessing if you suspect your lass is on the up and up, you just stop responding to her emails?

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

she seems a tad old to be a scam......................a friend of ours married a "russian bride" she was 40 at the time with a 17 year old son he brought over too

they just had a baby and seem genuinely happy

there ARE a lot of women who really do want to marry an American, for various reasons of course, but i would not think a scammer would advertise an 18 year old son as an attraction

"hi!
you have really broken my heart and spirit....to the extent,i feel like hanging myself...i guess thats wat am gonna do after sending this mail to you. "
-Tony "Cool Love" Romeo
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Usually the russian scammers have some telltale clues in the email headers.
Check for presence of The Bat!and to see if the origin ip matches where she claims to be.
I'd still google some of her letters, particularily ones with strange stories and sentiments. If you get some long winded romantic tome, that's worth a google!
If none of this turns up anything, the work gets harder, but you have to do it if you're not sure she's a scammer.
You'll need to dive into the scammer gallerys and look for the face. You can also search for her on dating sites. If she's on too many, I'm suspicious.
Maybe you or another baiter can start writing her at the same time?
There's also some ladies who aren't quite scammers,but aren't looking for marriage either!
She could be a normal 'gold digger' or 'pro dater' just looking for expensive gifts.
Be careful. Don't bait a possibly innocent person.
If you're not prepared to do the work, drop her.
These are the ones that are the most frustrating! Walk away if you need to.
There's always plenty of the obvious ones!

Fwiw. Two I walked away from later turned out to be scammers, once I became more experienced, and looked at the letters and headers....... months later when less frustrated.
Its fun to play with them, and also expose them, but the world isn't any worse off if you toss one back you're not sure of!

Older isn't typical, but not unusual. I've worked 4 between the ages of 45 and 51.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic