SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

They're now working e-bay - my story.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
senectus
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted my latest hit on my blog
www.modmeup.net

Thanks to those bastards they've ruined my ebay experiance.. Sad
jwalker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its damn annoying isn't it? What pisses me off about scammers is the way they think they can dictate to you their method of payment, even when you stated in your ebay listing that you accept only Paypal (no cheques or bidpay) Mad

Very Bad Hosting | Scampatrol | Click here to support 419Eater.com

United Kingdom x1 Ireland x1 Netherlands x1 Canada x1 Togo x1
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
nadnerb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not all that experienced with ebay, but just stick to your guns. Outline in your buyer instructions what your accepted payment methods are and stick to that. If a lad offers the highest bid and you know it's a scam artist, report him and offer it to the second highest bidder or the one who looks the most legit.

It sucks, I know, but tell the lad it's Paypal or nothing. I don't see how someone could give you negative feedback for their decision not to follow your buyer instructions, and if they do, I'd like to think eBay would reverse it.

"LET ME WARND YOU FOR THE LAST TIME DONNOT EVER TAKE FOR A JUCK OK I AM A GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA"
-Prof. Charles Soludo
"i bet you're conceived from a monkey-style pregnancy. go ahead and prove that you're a product of rape...a product of collective virused sperm poured in to your mom's stinking ass by hoodlums. "
-thesolicitors
"...my mother is undergoing enormous stress and high blood pressure caused by Overthinking..."
-Ibrahim Bongani
jwalker
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ebay won't reverse negative feedback. A mate of mine had this problem. It seems if the scammers can abuse you for not falling for their little scam and there is nothing you can do about it.

Very Bad Hosting | Scampatrol | Click here to support 419Eater.com

United Kingdom x1 Ireland x1 Netherlands x1 Canada x1 Togo x1
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo Messenger
Keith Nambla
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

eBay's got a feedback removal policy, which I believe covers the situation in question.

Quote:
Feedback left by a person who is ineligible to participate in an eBay transaction at the time of the transaction or the time the feedback was left.

So if you report them for fraud before they leave the feedback and their account is terminated without notice, their feedback will be removed at your request. Same thing if they create a new account just to give you bad feedback for revenge... that's removed too. What surprises me, though, is that they don't have any kind of protection against fraudulent buyers other than that one-time Second Listing credit, as far as I can tell. But I think the only way they could do that would be to require a deposit with the creation of an account, which would be used to cover the refunded fee when that user defrauds someone. It could probably be refunded with enough positive buyer feedback. Hmmm... have you thought of suggesting that to eBay? I think the inconvenience to new legitimate users would be more than offset by the fraud protection for sellers... and without sellers, eBay wouldn't exist.

WE THANK YOU FOR ALL THE STRESS YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING US THROUGH, NEVER THE LESS WE ARE STILL ON YOUR SERVICES. - Tinted Lewis
wormburner
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received exactly the same offer from Nigeria for a cell phone except they also wanted it gift wrapped. So I sent them a toy sell phone via DHL and valued it at $250.00 it was accepted at that end so maybe they got stuck with the duties, ofcourse they didn't pay me for the phone and Ebay killed their account so no chance of negative feedback.
All that before I really looked into baiting.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS NOT A HOAX OR A JOKE UNTIL I HEAR FROM YOU, Mrs. Mary Agbeyegbe
fieryblaster
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i listed my laptop for sale and everytime a scammer enters the highest bid and wins.Then i have to relist again and once again,the scammers wins the bid.I donno what to do..
The Dude
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can go into your account settings, and set them to given conditions.
I have had the same problem, so no longer use "buy it now". Had an auction ended early on a motorcycle recently. I immediately posted negative feedback and reported the user. If a scammer posts negative feedback on you, you can always respond that they are a scammer. Generally, ebay is pretty good about policing these guys up now.

Do you Yahoo? Not anymore you don't.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic