SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Article - 'Spouse-surfing' stings Canucks

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
HomerJFong
Courtesiless son of a doggy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canada/2006/04/21/1543678-sun.html

Young North African men are cruising the Internet for lonely marriage-minded Canadian women whom they shower with love in a bid to be sponsored here, visa officers say.

Diplomats at the Canadian Embassy in Tunisia have warned Ottawa of a "spouse-surfing" trend in a 2005-2006 program manager's report.

"Youths have taken to chat lines to find spouses from developed countries," a visa officer in Tunisia said in the report. "Cyber cafes and the Internet have spread over much of Algeria."

The report states visa officers told officials in Ottawa many of the web marriages are shams, with men from Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco showering the women with attention and praise to get to Canada.

Once here they bolt and the women are financially responsible for them for three years, Ottawa was told.

There "are often significant age differences," the report said. And while the majority of victims are women, some men are also getting caught up in the scam.

Emad, 35, of Windsor, who didn't want his last name used, said he e-mailed his now-separated wife for months before travelling to Iraq to meet and marry her last year.

"As soon as she arrived in Canada, she told me she wasn't committed to marriage," Emad said yesterday. "She told me she used me to come here."

"Sponsorship is a serious commitment and sponsors are expected to live up to their commitments," said immigration spokesman Melanie Carkner, adding applicants are advised of the seriousness of the commitment.

"These cases usually end up with the men getting a visa and the women receiving a broken heart," said immigration lawyer Richard Kurland, who obtained the report through an access to information request.

The report said most Algerians cannot obtain visas to travel to Canada since 35% of the 30.8 million people are under the age of 15 and the unemployment rate is estimated at 30%.

"I was at the Abuja Embassy Today, the Security guards say that the is no Mr. Bryan Adams working with them at either the lagos or abuja embassy. and did not let me in." - Efosa Erhabor - (Accra to Abuja)
"We stayed there for two days hopping to get any of you" - Pastor Collins
"i will report to webmaster,abuse and the police hold and see, .....go to hell and rust in there bastard........bitch" - Steve Wright
"This office will like to inform you that your winnings have been forfieted due to acts unbecoming of a humanbeing." - The Alpha Lottery
"A MAD MAN WILL PREGNANT YOUR JUNIOR SISTER AND THE BABY WILL BE A MAD BASTARD LIKE YOU." - Mahadul Usman
"I AM NOT A FOLL LET ME BE BECAUSE YOU ARE JUST AN ANIMAL TO DEAL WITH" - Tunji Adams
Mortar x5
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerSkype Name
Bramle
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They need a law change in Canada, and quickly.
mrsbean
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, like instead of "the spouse is financially responsible for them for three years" the spouse "gets first crack and removing a vital portion of their anatomy before deportation".

Straightbait

Nifty anti-scam sites of interest
Artists Against 419 | Fraudwatchers |Scamomatic | Scampatroll Scam Victims United | Fake Checks Dot Org
Baron Von Raschke
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this isn't anything new...

On two different singles sites there was always a nigerian in the live chat stirring it up with the 'green card' nonsense. I would proceed to blast them only to have other clueless members attack me for saying it like it is..
**WARNING - GREEN CARD ALERT!!** lol

Barr. Uche wrote:
'you did'nt not tell me of the the proper MTCN numer again!'
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I prefer "skeet surfing" Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic