SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Paranoid lad 101 (updated and finished)

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Remember a while ago I posted a thread about how I got chatting to a lad on IM doing a romance scam and it freaked me out? Well I dropped said lad, but a week or so ago they came back to me and emailed saying they were stuck abroad with no money for the flight back yadda yadda yadda. Since then, every email address I get off this lad gets reported to abuse@. I've also managed to get the lad to phone me as the "friend" who wants to send me a cheque if I send "her" cash via money order. Yesterday the lad emails me convinced his (her) addresses are being hacked. Not hacked dear, shut down by me Laughing

"--- s4m4ntha j4mes wrote:

hello honey, something is happening that i dont really understand honey,i try to check my box and it insist to open,i dont understand.....pls honey,anybody that write you with my former address is not me and do not make any attempt to reply the person.....its like scammers are trying to tamper with my box bcos of the money i want to receive from u.....this is my new address honey and hope to hear 4rom u soon....bye for now
Love"

Lad's got the paranoids on, so I stir up a little more to add to it

"You know, I was thinking about this thing with your email. If you're using a computer from a public place, is there a chance someone else is waiting until you've finished and logging back on as you. Maybe they saw the conversation about the money and figured they'd pretend to be you and steal it. Hell, for all we know it could be the person in charge of wherever it is you log on. They have things called keyloggers that'd save everything you typed. Can you try to use a different place to email me just in case? This has got me worried. The sooner we get you out of there
the better."

And she gets back to me

"Hello honey,
thank you alot honey for your understanding,i really appreciate it honey and i want to let you know that i really love you with all my heart...african is terrible when it comes to scam and i think i ve to get out 4rom here as soon as possible cos am afraid not to become a victim...honey,dont be suprise when i tell you again that i ve changed my address,its because of this fraudsters...thanks one more time honey and i hope to hear from you soon....pls know in ur mind that someone loves you .
Love always"

I'm full of sympathy of course, even though I know it's me that's shut down all these addresses

"Well listen, if it happens again, phone me to tell me ok? We can discuss a secret word that you can type at the start of your email so I'll always know it's you. In these troublesome times it's always better to be safe than sorry. The last thing you need right now is to be ripped off of the money you so desperately need, and I certainly don't need to be robbed of my money either. Speak to you soon, and take care of yourself."

African's a terrible place to be alone. Unless of course you (and this fake friend) are in fact in Canada like the IP address shows them. Odd too that the IP address for both people is identical. I'll post more on this as it happens.

Last edited by wayne on Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
wayne

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The saga continues

"Hello Honey,
I actually got a message from my client that you would be getting the payment real soon and i'm really happy to know that i should be getting home real soon .... pls hunnie i would want you to split the money into two.send half to my travell agent and the other half to my Hotel manager. so they would prepare the papers i would use in getting back asap.here is my Hotel managers info i will get it from him. and the other is my travell agent.

NAME OLUYEMI D LEKAN
ADDRESS NO1 AJAH ADO ROAD, OKE IRA NLA VILLA

STATE LAGOS
COUNTRY NIGERIA
ZIP CODE 23401
And you can send the other half to me with this
information: travell agent..

NAME: OBATOLA MOSES OLUWASEUN

ADDRESS: 47 COATES STREET

CITY: EBUTE METTA

STATE: LAGOS

ZIP CODE : 23401

Hunnie as soon as you get it sent i would want you to send the informations i would use in recieving the money over here such as the Mtcn#
senders name and address
text question and answers
amount sent and others...
pls honey,i would really want the message sent to my address on kissesline and i think with that ,it's safe.....i cant really wait to be with you baby and i promise not to dissapoint you in any manner ok.take good care of urself and always know theres someone that cares.
Love"

And of course I'm as sympathetic as ever, even though I know that email address will be dead by the time I come to reply to it

"Ok. I've made a note of them. I'll send you off 2 lots of cash in the morning then I'll email you with the details as soon as I get home from work. We're almost at the end of this ordeal. I bet you can't wait to get home."

Now, when I find the email address is dead I can start worrying that her Kissesline account may be compromised as well and demand she phones me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Right now I'm refusing to send laddo the info he needs unless (s)he answers a question about a conversation we had a few weeks ago. In this past hour I've had

and just as many frantic emails, all of which I'm refusing to accept as being from the real S4m4nth4 just in case the account's been hacked. More as it happens.

(edit) #10 just rang in as I'm typing this Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

9:24 and we have 18 missed calls, messages left on my answering service and one ever more frantic lad

ME:
Thank you for your email. Under the circumstances with email addresses being hacked I can't be sure if you really are Samantha, so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to ask you a question that isn't on any of the emails that might have been hijacked. So, if you really are Samantha, tell me what I said I wanted to buy. If you can't answer this question then I'll know you're not really Samantha and this account has been hijacked too. If that's the case then I won't send any information to this account.

LAD:
i always delete my message sent on yahoo....so there is no way they can reach u 4rom here and i dont think nobody knows where i met u

ME:
This is a big worry for me. How am I to know if this account's been hacked or not? Saying you delete messages could be just an excuse. The problem is I don't know what's the truth anymore. If you're the real Samantha then I really do apologise, but this is such a large amount of money I can't risk either of us losing it to the people that have been hacking your accounts. If you're a hacker then let me say you're not getting a penny off us and you can go to hell.

LAD:
these r not hackers honey,am getting depressed here....pls send the details so i could b getting my paper ready......its me honey

ME:
If you are then surely you must know the answer to my question. We talked at length about it. If you were the real Samantha then you'd know the answer and wouldn't try to wriggle out of answering it. This is eating me up inside. I WANT you to to tell me the answer so I can know you're the real Samantha, but if you can't then how can I know you really are?

I don't see this bait going on too much longer, but it's been fun while it lasted

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a few of today's email exchanges

LAD:
why are you stressing me this way?u ask me to get a photogragh of myself and ve been running all around trying to do that .....and my client ask me to check western unoin on line for confirmation whether the money has been sent or not and i confirm that nothing was sent to the address i gave you.....why are you now lying to me that u ve sent it?i can't just understand you anymore,i thought u said u want to help me,why are you now treating me this way...anyway,maybe there's something i need to know..pls send the money thru western unoin b4 i can take the photogragh u ask me to get....keep the details till i show you the photogragh....... hope to hear 4rom u soon.

ME:
The payment's been made. All you need is the information to receive it. And I won't give that out until I know that I'm sending it to Samantha. So, if you really are her then get me a picture by any means necessary of you holding a sign with my name clearly visible on it. Once I see that the person on the end of the email address is Samantha then I'll immediately send the details needed to get the money and apologise for putting her through all this worry. You have just over 20 hours left to do this before I cancel the order.

LAD:
you ve no point ********,i ve tried to track it and it said there is no transaction like that......let be sure first,,inow know you are trying to deceive me

ME:
And since when has Moneygram allowed you to track an order without an order number? Now, if you really are Samantha then go get me a photo to prove it's you. If it's not then stop wasting my fucking time and trying to steal my money. Time's counting down.

LAD:
********,its like something is wrong with u...there is a they confirm if money has been sent on western union...if u dont believe me,then ask people around u..anyway i thinkthebest thing todo now is tocontact the fbi cos its like you want to run with my money and i bet u, u ll b traced

ME:
All talk, no sign of a photo. Proof positive you're nothing but a scammer using Samantha's details to rob us both

No emails in the last 8 hours, so I figured the game was up and told them I was taking the piss all along. I threw a couple of insults in involving his mother and a goat. Let's see what tomorrow brings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Literally the second I hit send for this I had an email pop up from Yahoo saying appropriate action had been taken blah blah blah. That makes 7 accounts shut and one pending

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unbelievable. Even after spelling out the fact I was baiting them along(without ever using the word "baiting") it seems the game is still on. More letters and another email address to report to abuse@

LAD:
am sorry honey for talking so rude to you,it was not really intentional but u should feel the same way am feeling here...u told me that u ve sent the money to the address i gave you and when i track it on western union online,it appears to b false...pls honey,the best i think i can tell u now is fo u to send the money and ll try my possible best to take the photogragh,though its expensive here but i dont mind to get the money thru any means....honey right from the very first time i met u,if u can give me a chance to start saying all what weve discussed inorder 4 u to know that am the real person seeking 4 ur help,i ll really appreciate it cos i dont know what to do anymore,i am now just like a fool with no destination...pls honey,find a place in ur heart to forgive me if i ve offended you ok?hope to hear 4rom u soon honey...

ME:
I have to admit I was testing you to see how you'd react to that last email. If you were a scammer you'd have spit blood back at me and threatened me with death, so now I'm SLIGHTLY more convinced you are really Samamtha in this address. So here's the real deal. You can't track a money order from Moneygram, which is what I sent it through. You need the numbers to release it and once I get your picture then I'll send them to you. The 24 hour time limit is still going though, so you have less than 5 hours left

LAD:
ths alot honey 4 accepting my apology but you ve to extend the time u gave cos i just ve to go and raise money to get the picture snapped and get back to you asap ok?

ME:
How long do I have to wait?

LAD:
its night here and u i ve to wake up early in the morning to get it snapped

ME:
Ok. I'll give you 24 hours more. If you come through with the picture then I'll apologise for my paranoid behaviour and give you the numbers you need. If not then the deal is 100% off and I won't answer any more of your emails

LAD:
u shoould know that to snap with digital camera here is expensive so it ll take like one day and some hours to get it to you

ME:
So how long am I supposed to keep waiting for you?

I know the lad's used a modelling site's pics, so I'm waiting to see what he manages to come up with, an excuse or a photochop.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was using a similar modality with Charles Soludo. I ended up sending him a picture from the "hacker" as an example. The hacker looked nothing like the real Soludo, and I think this inspired the lad to come up with his own.

- Bill

wayne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just to keep everyone informed, I've got the picture I asked for. It's here
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67532

More as it happens......

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah well, seems it's finally over.

> i regret knowing you, i hate you with passion and
> i never knew u r the wisest fool i ve ever come
> across in my life...see what u did to me right 4rom
> monday up to this very moment....u ve suffered me
> alot becos of the stingy heart u have thinking u r
> wise...u ask me to get a pic of myself holding a
> card with ur name written on it,i tried all my
> possible effort to make that possible,i spent the
> money am not suppose to spend thinking i would soon
> get it back 4rom u...and now you are now telling
> me to get another pic of myself...where did u want
> me to get the damn money 4rom,do u want me to go
> into prostitution here?anyway,u can go to hell with
> ur selfish money cos idont want to ve anything to do
> with someone like you anymore..for ur information,i
> ve told my client to call back 4 the money order and
> to keep it till i get somebdy trustworthy to help me
> cash it cos i can't just take this anymore.....pls
> dont ever write me again and just 4get that u know
> somebody called
> samantha.......bye for life............
>

Bless her little cotton socks Laughing Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic