SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Barrister is trying to defraud us!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I usually don't publish a bait until I've got a trophy, but this one's been going for a while now, and it's pretty funny. This is a standard next-of-kin scam, but unfortunately, complications arise.

Dramatis personae:

Scammer: Dr. James Campbel. Or was that James Kamoli? Or is it James Obiwon? - "manager at the auditing and accounting department of one of the commercial banks here in United Kingdom"
Baiter: William S. Preston - Occupation unknown
Scammer: Barrister Ufomadu Franklin - Attorney to the deceased
Scammer: Mr. Roy. No word if that's his first or last name. - Fund transfer department, Universal Trust Bank

My comments/emphasis in bold. Only email addresses have been edited.

Quote:

To: William S. Preston
Date: Dec 4, 2005 4:36 AM
Subject: URGENT TRANSACTION

FROM THE DESK OF DR JAMES CAMPBEL
UNITED KINGDOM.

URGENT ASSISTANCE IN TRANSACTION

I am the manager at the auditing and accounting department of one of the
commercial banks here in United Kingdom In my department we discovered an
abandoned sum of US$33.5m dollars ( US dollars) in an account that belonging
to one of our foreign customer Andreas Schranner. Who died along with his
entire family in Monday, 31 July, 2000 in a plane crash in Paris?(Just because you use the word "who" doesn't make it a question.) Please
visit this site that is one of the evidence the directors brought in other
to swallow the money at the end of the day,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/859479.stm

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of
kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless
somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as
Indicated in our banking laws but unfortunately we learnt that all his
supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash
leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery
that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and release the
money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and
subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this
money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.

The banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained
unclaimed after five years, the money will be transferred into the bank
treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this
business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner. I
agree that 30% of this money will be for you as a respect to the provision
of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the
business and 60% would be for me Thereafter, I will visit your country for
disbursement according to the percentage indicated.

Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to your designated
bank account, you must apply first to the bank as a relation or next of kin
of the deceased with a text of application that I will send to you, so I
will like you to send to me your private telephone and fax number for easy
and effective communication and location where in the money will be
remitted.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of
the application . I will not fail to bring to your notice this transaction
is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all
required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should contact me
immediately as soon as you receive this letter. Trusting to hear from you
immediately. And reply me to this e-mail address; [email protected] (Kamoli? I thought it was Campbel.)

Regards,
Yours Faithfully,
DR JAMES CAMPBEL

Quote:

To: Dr James Campbell
Date: Dec 10, 2005 3:00 AM
Subject: Re: URGENT TRANSACTION

Who died?

Thirty percent doesn't seem like enough. You obviously need me in this transaction. I demand at least fifty percent after expenses or I will not participate.

- William

Quote:

From: james obiwon (Obiwon? James Obiwon Kamoli? This guy's been baited before!)
To: "William S. Preston"
Date: Dec 10, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: THANK YOU.

Dear William Preston,
Thank you very much for your urgent reply and kind acceptance to help out in this transaction.I will offer 40% only to you based on the fact that you will take care of all the expenses which will be paid back with an interest of 5% only.I will want to assure you that this is a legal and legitimate transaction which will be beneficial to both of us.
I will want you to urgently send your contact details as i will state it below to finally assure and guarantee me of your sincerity and competence.
1.Full name.
2.Phone and Fax number.
3Age.
4.Occupation.
5.Sex.
As soon as i get all these informations i will tell you the next step to take in applying for the release of this fund to you.Please do note that you will be entitled to 40% only as gratification for your help.
My regards to your family.
James.

(Just a standard reply? Hulk mad! Hulk SMASH!)

Quote:

To: james obiwon
Date: Dec 10, 2005 3:52 PM
Subject: Re: THANK YOU.

Obi wan,

No deal. I told you I needed 50% after expenses and that's final. In fact, since you have insulted me by offering 40%, I now demand a majority of the money - say, 70%, after expenses. Like I said before, it is you who needs me, not the other way around. I will not provide you with any of my personal details until you agree to my terms.

William

Quote:

Date: Dec 11, 2005 5:19 AM

Dear William,
Please do not be upset.I do not want to loose this golden chance of getting a sincere person like you who do not want to divert the funds to himself alone.I have agreed to offer 50% as gratification.Please let us proceed and kindly send your contact details as stated so that i will be sure of you.Thank you very much.

Last edited by BillSPrestonEsq on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 11, 2005 1:52 PM

Did you not read? I said 70. Now I want 75%.

Quote:

Date: Dec 11, 2005 9:44 PM
Subject: THANK YOU.

Dear Mr william,
Instead of me to loose this fund take the 75% that you want and please make sure you do not take more than that when the fund get to your control.Send the contact informations let us proceed.
Thank you.

(He's a smart monkey. Most lads don't want to part with their imaginary fortune so easily.)

Quote:

Date: Dec 11, 2005 9:55 PM

Mr. James Obi wan Kamoli Cambel,

Thank you for finally agreeing with me.

Quote:

Date: Dec 11, 2005 11:38 PM
Subject: CONTACT DETAILS.

Dear william
thank you for accepting the offer.kindly send your contact details so that we can procced.
regards
james

I was going to ask him what details he meant, but I think he may have twigged. I send him details.

Quote:

Date: Dec 12, 2005 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: CONTACT DETAILS.

Here are my details

1.William S. Preston
2.I do not have a fax
4.President of a rock mining company (I was mixing this up with my Wyld Stallyns bait. He doesn't notice)
5.Is sex part of the deal?

William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 12, 2005 11:10 PM
Subject: DID YOU APPLY?

Dear William,
Please get me posted if you contacted the bank as i directed you?You do not have to delay and please make sure you correctly fill the form before scanning and sending to the bank.
I am waiting.
James.

Quote:

Date: Dec 12, 2005 1:05 PM

Dear William,
You have really proved yourself to be sincere and competent to handle this transaction.I will want you to urgently print out this claim application form which i have attached to your email,fill it and please make sure you sign on it to make it official and send to the fund transfer department of our bank after confirming the existence of this account with our bank in our bank website which i am giveing you below to log into and confirm.
Here are the account details just log it in and view.

bank site:XXXXXXXXX
site access code.23240985
data entry access code;606162
a/c number;195780580
pin number;108913

Scan and Send the filled application form to this email address:

Email:[email protected]

Please make sure you do not disclose my knowledge of this transaction to my bank while you apply.I am trusting in you with the total hope that you will not fail me or start being greedy when the fund is released to you.
You will only take 75% of this fund and 5% will be used to pay back on any minor expenses which might arise during the transfer period.
Please keep this account details confidential for security reasons.Kindly send your phone contact urgently.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Regards,
James.

He attaches FORM1.doc

I go to his fake bank site. It uses a javascript function to make the background dissolve from white to black. I have javascript disabled. It's just a stupid flash movie and white text on white.

Quote:

Date: Dec 13, 2005 12:58 AM

Obi Wan Kamoli,

Here is the form you asked me to fill out. (I attach nothing) I could not get the bank site to work. It kept asking me to go to macromedia.com but there was no login area in that site.

Thanks,

William

Quote:

Date: Dec 13, 2005 12:23 PM
Subject: KINDLY ADHERE STRICTLY TO THIS INSTRUCTION.

Dear william,
Please there is nothing wrong with our bank website.As soon as you log into our bank website XXX.XXX.XXX ignore the macromedia page that will first come up just close it,the main bank page will come up and you will see enter site then you log in your site access code from there you continue .
Try your best and fill the form and submit it to our fund transfer department on the email address i gave you thus,
Email.[email protected]
Please try your best and submit it today and get me posted asap.
James.

Quote:

Date: Dec 13, 2005 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: KINDLY ADHERE STRICTLY TO THIS INSTRUCTION.

Sorry, James, but the site just keeps playing the introduction movie over and over again. There is a link to macromedia.com underneath the video. That's all I see. Please don't use all capital letters - that makes it seem like you are shouting.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 13, 2005 11:11 PM

William,
I have told you that you should ignore the macromedia.Just type in XXX.XXX.XXX on the internet explorer web page.our bank site will open then you will enter the site with all the codes i gave to you.
Please we do not have much time kindly fill the aplication form and submit to the fund transfer department of our bank.
Get me posted urgently.
James.

Quote:

Date: Dec 14, 2005 9:12 AM

James,

I did ignore the macromedia link. All I get is a white page with a black movie on it that plays over and over again. I'm not allowed to use Internet Explorer, because my company sees it as a security hole. There is no way for me to "enter the site with all the codes".

William

Quote:

Date: Dec 14, 2005 2:52 PM

Dear williams, (Why do they ALWAYS call me Williams?)
Since you are not allowed to use explorer.Kindly fill the form and submit to the bank as i have directed you.I only wanted you to confirm the fund but i am assuring you that this is real and legal.Kindly and urgently apply as i have directed you to the fund transfer department.
James.

Quote:

Date: Dec 14, 2005 6:28 PM

James,

You did not attach the form on your email. You have to click the "Attach" button, then find the file on your computer to send it.(These instructions were based on some given to a baiter by their lad.) Kindly answer as soon as you can as I am anxious to complete this real and legal transaction.

- William

Quote:

Date: Dec 14, 2005 11:33 PM

William,
Here is the application form again,kindly fill it and send to the fund transfer department on this email address.
Email.[email protected]
Make sure you sign on it to make it official.
Regards,

He attaches FORM1.doc again.

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 15, 2005 2:40 PM
Subject: VERY URGENT.

Dear william,
Please did you get the appliaction form that i attached to you this morning?Have you applied to the bank for the release of this fund.Please get me posted urgently because we do not have much time on this transaction.
James.

I don't reply. He must be getting frustrated.

Quote:

Date: Dec 18, 2005 11:58 PM

Dear william,
what is holding you.Are you no longer intrested in helping out?

Quote:

Date: Dec 19, 2005 12:26 PM

Obi Wan,

The delay is at your end - you never replied to my email where I asked you for the form! Please send it as soon as you can. I am eager to help you, but I can't if you don't send me the form.

William

Quote:

Date: Dec 20, 2005 1:49 AM
Subject: ATTACHED HERE IS THE APLICATION FORM AGAIN.

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BANKS DIRECTIVES AND ALL OTHER RELEVANT AMENDMENTS THERETO, I WOULD BE PLEASED IF THIS AMOUNT IS REMITTED IN FULL TO MY UNDERMENTIONED BANK ACCOUNT:

BENEFICIARY:.................................................................................................................

ADDRESS:........................................................................................................................

PASSPORT NUMBER.....................................................................................................

TELEPHONE NUMBERS:.................................................................................................

MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS:...........................................................................................

FAX NUMBERS................................................................................................................

PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS:............................................................................................

BANK'S NAME .................................................................................................................

BANK'S ADDRESS:..........................................................................................................

TELEPHONE NUMBER:....................................................................................................

FAX NUMBER:..................................................................................................................

DEPOSITORS NAME:........................................................................................................

ACCOUNT NUMBER:.......................................................................................................

AMOUNT:����������������������������������

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

SIGN AND STAMP HERE...............................................................................................

HERE IS THE SPECIMEN OF THE ATTACHED APPLICATION FORM.KINDLY PRINT IT OUT,FILL IT AND SCAN AND SEND TO THE BANK FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FUND WHICH YOU HAVE 75%.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM IN THE ATTACHEMENT.
GET ME POSTED IF YOU GOT THE FORM THIS TIME.
JAMES.

He also attaches the form as an RTF file. He sends this message and the attachment again, four minutes later with the subject "ATTACHED HERE IS THE APPLICATION FORM". I fill it out and send it back to him instead of the bank.

Quote:

Date: Dec 20, 2005 12:15 PM
Subject: Re: ATTACHED HERE IS THE APPLICATION FORM

James,

Thank you for the form. I have filled it out below. Now where do we proceed from here?

- William

On 12/20/05, james obiwon <[email protected] > wrote:

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BANKS DIRECTIVES AND ALL OTHER RELEVANT AMENDMENTS THERETO, I WOULD BE PLEASED IF THIS AMOUNT IS REMITTED IN FULL TO MY UNDERMENTIONED BANK ACCOUNT:

BENEFICIARY:William S. Preston.................................................................................................................

ADDRESS:(I put my email address here) ........................................................................................................................

PASSPORT NUMBERno passport.....................................................................................................

TELEPHONE NUMBERS:(I put my K7 number without the area code) .................................................................................................

MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS:no mobile phone...........................................................................................

FAX NUMBERSsame as telephone................................................................................................................

PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS:same as public address............................................................................................

BANK'S NAMEUniversal UK (This is his own fake bank) .................................................................................................................

BANK'S ADDRESS: (I put the URL of the fake bank) ..........................................................................................................

TELEPHONE NUMBER:not given....................................................................................................

FAX NUMBER:not given..................................................................................................................

DEPOSITORS NAME:Obi Wan Kamoli........................................................................................................

ACCOUNT NUMBER:195780580.......................................................................................................

AMOUNT:$33.5 Million dollars ����������������������������������

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

SIGN AND STAMP HEREWilliam S. Preston*..............................................................................................

HERE IS THE SPECIMEN OF THE ATTACHED APPLICATION FORM.KINDLY PRINT IT OUT,FILL IT AND SCAN AND SEND TO THE BANK FOR THE RELEASE OF THE FUND WHICH YOU HAVE 75%.
DOWNLOAD THE FORM IN THE ATTACHEMENT.
GET ME POSTED IF YOU GOT THE FORM THIS TIME.
JAMES.

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 21, 2005 12:16 AM

Dear William,
I am very happy that you have seen the form.Kindly fill it and scan and send it to the bank as an application for the release of this fund into any bank account which you are going to nominate for the bank.
Send the form to the fund transfer department of our bank on this email address below and please make sure you do not disclose my knowledge of this transaction to my bank for my security.
EMAIL.[email protected]
Try your best and contact the bank today with the form.Thank you very much and have a nice day.Merry xmas in advance.
James.

Quote:

To: fundtransfer
Date: Dec 21, 2005 9:50 AM

ATTN: Fund Transfer Department

I was asked to send this form to you by a person who has asked me not to disclose his knowledge of this transaction for his security.

(I include the form from my previous mail)

Quote:

Date: Dec 21, 2005 9:51 AM

Obi Wan,

I just sent the form to the bank. Merry Christmas to you too.

- William

Quote:

Date: Dec 21, 2005 11:20 AM

Dear Sir,
Seqeul to your email that you are ready to get the process started.You are
advice to urgently make a payment of $2,300 only for the procurement of the
60 days Indemnity bond.
This bond will stand as a security to your inheritance fund since you are
not a united kingdom resident. (When did I ever say that?)
As soon as we confirm the payment of the bond from you your inheritance fund
would be released to your bank and account within four(4) working days as
stipulated by the international money transfer regulations.
Make the payment to our broker through the western union money transfer with
the brokers name:
Mrs Lisa Green,
Address.London United kingdom.
Do send to us confirmations as soon as you make the payment so that the bond
would be procured and your transfer effected within the stipulated time
frame.
We are sorry for the sudden death of your late brother who was our good
customer.
sincerely,
Mr.Roy,
Fund Transfer Dept.

Quote:

To: UNIVERSAL TRUST BANK
Date: Dec 21, 2005 1:33 PM

Roy,

I AM a United Kingdom resident, and have been my entire life. I don't know who told you otherwise, but they were lying.

Since I no longer have to pay the bond, please transfer the money immediately into the account I supplied in my last post.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 22, 2005 12:04 AM

Dear Sir,
This bond fee must be paid before your inheritance fund is transferred
into your account.If you do not pay this bond fee,we will not have any legal
right to transfer the fund.This is what gives you the total legal right to
this fund since you have provided the correct legal informations needed as
the beneficiary to this fund.

Not so fast, Mr. Roy...

Quote:

Date: Dec 22, 2005 10:24 AM

Roy,

In your last mail you said "This bond will stand as a security to your inheritance fund since you are
not a united kingdom resident."

But I AM a UK resident, so there should be no need for a bond fee. Please deposit the money directly into the UK account provided. There should be no problems with this, as I have completed many transactions of this magnitude before within the UK. (I don't know anything about UK banking, but I'm willing to bet Mr. Roy doesn't either)

- William

Quote:

Date: Dec 23, 2005 12:17 AM
Subject: PAY THE FEE. (Mr. Roy is angry!)

ATTENTION WILLIAM,
WE CAN NOT TRANSFER THE FUND UNLESS YOU PAY THE BOND FEE OF 2300 ONLY.THIS
IS HOW WE HANDLE OUR INHERITANCE FUND TRANSFERS.
IF YOU DO NOT MAKE THE PAYMENT WE WILL NOT TRANSFER THE FUND INTO YOUR
NOMINATED ACCOUNT.
REGARDS,
MR.ROY.
FUND TRANSFER DEPT.

Quote:

Date: Dec 23, 2005 1:13 AM

Dear William,
Please what is happening with you and the bank.Have the contacted you and released the fund to you.Please i hope that you are not trying to divert this fund to yourself alone.Why have you not notified me of your activities with the bank.I am very worried.Do note that you will only take the 75% we agreed and keep the balance of 25% for me.Please get me posted.
Regards,
james.

Time to tell James what's going on with that crooked bank.

Quote:

Date: Dec 23, 2005 11:00 AM

James,

The bank is asking me to pay some fee. I think they are trying to scam us out of our millions of dollars. I would prefer to do business with an honest bank.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Dec 23, 2005 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: PAY THE FEE.

I'm sorry, but I will not pay the fee.

I have inherited large sums of money in the past, and I've never had to pay any fees. I find your manner rude and unprofessional. I will not do business with somebody who clearly does not know how normal banks work. A bond fee is completely unnecessary in this situation. You aren't trying to scam me out of my money, are you?

Please just transfer the money to my account and be done with it.

- William

Quote:

Date: Dec 24, 2005 12:03 AM

Dear william,
How much did they ask you to pay?It seems that you will need to pay a little fee like the bank transfer charge before the fund will be transferred to you.
it was because of this bank charges that i agreed to offer the 75%.Kindly try your best and comply with them so that they can transfer this fund to your nominated account without delay.
Regards,
James.

Quote:

Date: Dec 29, 2005 12:25 PM
Subject: URGENT RESPONSE AWAITED.

Dear william,
How are you doing? hope the xmas break hasnt taken its toll on you? Mr Williams i am actually wondering what has delayed the conclusion of this transaction as soon as possible.the delay is causing me great concern.please do get me posted with all sincerity as to what is delaying the transfer process.i have been tempted severally to inquire from the fund transfer department as to what is causing the delay but i am restrained by the fact that this might jeopadise our transaction so please get accross to me immediately.
regards
james

I don't reply to this one either. James is getting worried. He knows what to do - call in the big guns. Enter Barr. Udomafu.

Quote:

Date: Jan 2, 2006 4:00 AM
Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR-CAN WE PROCEED?

Dear Williams,

compliments of the season and how is your family? i am sorry for the embarrasment which you suffered at the bank .i had to work all weekend to ensure that i found a way out of the predicament which we are facing in this transaction.as a matter of fact, i had to peruse through mr.andrea schranner's account details closely and i found out the details of his attorney.you should immediately get across to him so that he would take up representation for us at the bank as regards presenting you as the next of kin to mr andrea schranner's account.his contact details are
1.EMAIL ADDRESS:[email protected]
2.PHONE NUMBER:XXXXXXXXX.
SO YOU CAN CONTACT HIM THROUGH ANY MEANS POSSIBLE AND THEN HE WOULD SIMPLY HANDLE THIS TRANSACTION ON OUR BEHALF UNTIL WE CONCLUDE.THANKING YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.HAVE A NICE DAY.
REGARDS
JAMES.

Quote:

To: Ufomadu
Date: Jan 3, 2006 1:27 PM
Subject: Fwd: HAPPY NEW YEAR-CAN WE PROCEED?

I was asked to contact you by my friend James Obi Wan Kamoli.

- William

I forward James' message to the barrister with this one.

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 4, 2006 2:09 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: HAPPY NEW YEAR-CAN WE PROCEED?

ATTENTION MR. WILLIAMS PETERSON, (Who the heck is Williams Peterson?)

I am in reciept of you mail. Before I can be able to give you any answer, you will have to consult my chamber officially.
If you are ready you should foward an application letter for soliciting the chambers assistance and send bank to me by fax: +447030401356

Barrister Ufomadu franklin (SAN.)

The good barrister must be working closely with James, as they are both on the same IP.

Quote:

To: UFOMADUFRANK CHAMBERS
Cc: james obiwon
Date: Jan 4, 2006 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: Fwd: HAPPY NEW YEAR-CAN WE PROCEED?

Mr. Franklin,

My name is not Williams Peterson. It is William PRESTON. The S is my middle initial. If you cannot even bother to read my name properly, how can I expect you to pay attention to detail in other matters?

James Obiwon,

I would like a new lawyer as this man is incompetent. If you cannot find one for me, I have a good friend who is a lawyer with many years experience.

- William (not Williams!)

Franklin gets defensive.

Quote:

Date: Jan 5, 2006 2:47 AM
Subject: Mr. William S. Preston

Attention Mr. William S. Preston,

I am highly disappointed from you reaction and lack of
moral good behavior towards an Attorney.
I worked with Mr. Andrea (Wasn't it Andreas?) for years before his sudden
death. I was his personal Attorney and I worked very
hard in protecting his assets including the account
with UTB.

I hope you are truly his next of kin, because I will
have to go back to the bank and find out if you are or
you just want to deceive me in making the bank believe
you are my late client next of kin.

Barrister Ufomadu Franklin (SAN.)

Quote:

Date: Jan 5, 2006 3:11 AM
Subject: KEEP ME POSTED.

Dear William,

i recieved your mail in low spirits.the attorney i
reffered you to is in no way a friend of mine so i
dont see why you should be forwarding mails which i
sent to you to him.(How does James know what I sent the attorney?) i was hugely surprised at the way
you came down hard on him.Well, Mr PRESTON,let me
bring you properly into the picture.Mr.Ufomadu is the
attorney to the late Mr.Schranner.i found out his
details in the course of my investigation on the
Schrnner's account details.i resorted to using him
when the bank gave you the scandalous bill.i just
expected you to present yourself to the attorney as
the next of kin so that he can file in the papers on
your behalf.that all i wanted you to do.please if you
do re-establish contact with him endeavor not to
expose the degree of my involvement in this
transfer.Just adhere to th attorney's rules maybe
keeping your friend as your adviser in the course of
this transaction .
regards
james.

I sure am paranoid.

Quote:

Date: Jan 5, 2006 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: KEEP ME POSTED.

Obi Wan,

I did not send the attorney anything that would let him know the nature of this transaction.

The man does not conduct himself in a businesslike fashion. The fact that he made a mistake in spelling my name is very irregular, as lawyers are supposed to pay attention to even the smallest details. I have a feeling that he may have found out about Schranner's money, and is posing as a lawyer to steal the fortune for himself.

I would like some proof from Udamofo (Whodamofo?) that he is actually Schranner's lawyer before proceeding any further. This will make sure our money is not being robbed from under our noses.

- William

Last edited by BillSPrestonEsq on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 8, 2006 1:53 PM
Subject: COULD WE BEGIN?

dear william,
I have accepted to give you 75% of the fund and i would not want to lose it! Mr.uformadu [ESQ] .Mr. ufomadu is our only means of collecting this fund. Please play along with him to ensure that we have this fund in our possesion before it's too late.He is Andrea Schranner's ATTORNEY and further communication and rapport with him will give him the leverage to deliver same to us.please play ball and let us rejoice cos i can't wait any further.please get across to me ASAP
regards,
James

Quote:

Date: Jan 8, 2006 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: COULD WE BEGIN?

Like I said before, I'm not sure that this man is who he says he is. Why is it that this man happens to show up just as you discover this money? If he were a real attorney, he would have contacted your bank as soon as his client died. In addition to this, the man does not conduct himself in a businessman-like fashion. He doesn't pay attention to details.

I suspect that the man Ufomadu is trying to rob us of our money. I will play along with him, but if I see even the slightest indication that he is trying to defraud us, I will let you know immediately and we will get to the bottom of this.

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 9, 2006 3:17 AM

Dear William,

Let me brief you well about this transaction so that we do not make
any mistake along the line.
Mr. Andrea was a customer to my bank and this account was opened
under the Legal supervision of his Attorney Barrister Ufomadu.
After his death along side with his family there was no surviving
next of kin known to the bank. It was on this discovery that i decided
to contact you so that you can stand as the next of kin while I will
change the name on the next of kin column for this account profile to
your benefit so that it will appear to the bank that you are the true
next of kin.
Barrister Ufomadu couldn`t have contacted the bank since he did not
know of any surviving kin of Mr. Andrea. As i told you earlier, you
should not let him know that there was an insider in the bank that
you are liasing with to claim this fund. What we are doing is to
make him believe that you are the kin to Mr. Andrea, and he will
protect your interest in the bank so that you can claim this fund.
Also, you should bear in mind that there is no way the bank will
release this fund to you as the next of kin to Mr. Andrea without the
approval and endorsement of Legal papers to back it up by his Attorney
Barrister Ufomadu Franklin.
Please do dance according to his tone so that we can use him in
achieving our aim/objective in this project.
I will do my work perfectly in the bank to make this a success.
Regards

Quote:

To: ufomadu franklin
Date: Jan 8, 2006 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: Mr. William S. Preston

The bank will confirm that I am next of kin to Andreas Schranner.

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 9, 2006 8:56 AM

I sent an email to Barr. Franklin telling him that I am the next of kin to Schranner. I am now awaiting his response.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 9, 2006 11:17 AM

Dear William,

I am happy over the bold step you have taken as
regards the fund in question.As a matter of fact,with
the submission you have made to the attorney,we are
closer to collecting the said fund.Please do keep me
posted as you progress.Have a nice day.

Regards

James.

Quote:

Date: Jan 10, 2006 12:21 PM

James,

I sent the man Franklins a message over two days ago and he has not replied yet. (Maybe James should check his other account more often)

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 11, 2006 12:10 PM
Subject: THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

Dear William,
As a matter of fact i think he must be conducting some investigations with the bank as regards your status as the next of kin to andrea schranner's account.there is no cause for alarm as i have things all worked out at the bank here.thereis no problem at all.Lets wait upon him to finish.i am sure he will get back to us at the appropriate time.
have a nice day.
Regards
James.

Quote:

Date: Jan 11, 2006 1:48 AM
Subject: Attention Mr. William S. Preston

I have verified form the bank that you are the next of
kin to my late client Mr. Andreas Schranner.

So I would like to know how I can help you in getting
the fund.

But You will have to consult my chamber officially by
writting a letter for the consultation and send to me
by fax.
I will then inform you what will be required to get
the transaction executed on time.

I will be expecting to hear from you.

Quote:

Date: Jan 11, 2006 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM

James,

Thank you for reassuring me of Franklin's status. Like you said, he is probably working in his own due time.

How have you been doing recently? I trust your family is well.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Time to play slap the barrister for a little while.

Quote:

Date: Jan 11, 2006 4:06 PM
Subject: Re: Attention Mr. William S. Preston

Mr. Franklin,

I do not have a fax machine, as it is an ancient and outdated technology that is not in use for proper business these days. Will a letter sent by email be sufficient?

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 12, 2006 1:29 AM

It will be accepted. So you can go ahead and write the
letter, then scan and send it by mail.

I will let you know the next step to follow as soon as
I get the letter.

Quote:

Date: Jan 12, 2006 11:18 AM

Write the letter then scan it? This seems ridiculous and redundant, as I type all my business letters in the first place. I would have to print the letter, scan it, then send you the image. Would it not be easier just to send you the original electronic copy of the letter?

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 12, 2006 11:37 AM

You can send original electronic copy of the letter,but you will have to endorse your signature on it before scanning/sending for record/official perpose.

remamber that frank is a king. (WTF!?!)

Now the fun part - making up some computer equipment he'll need to open the file.

Quote:

Date: Jan 13, 2006 12:19 AM

Franklin,

How should I sign the document? I have a digitally encrypted MetaSig system at my place of business. My MetaSig is registered with the International registry. This would be the most secure method of signing the document, and it would eliminate any lingering doubts you may have as to my true identity. Does your office use MetaSig? We have the most up-to-date SigSys version 3.2 which is backwards compatible with SigSys 2.5 or later, or SigGen XT 1.0 or later. I am assuming you have at least one of these standard peripherals at your place of business. You will have to send me your public MetaKey so I can properly encrypt the document.

If you are not technologically capable enough to use MetaSig, please suggest an alternate means of endorsing my signature into the electronic document.

- William

Remember that where there's a Will, there's a way.

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

James wants me to keep him informed of our conversation where he's playing the lawyer. It's a waste of time if you ask me.

Quote:

Date: Jan 13, 2006 1:40 AM
Subject: KEEP ME POSTED ASAP

Dear William,

How are you and your family? I do sincerely hope that all is well.As for me i am getting along fine.Sir i want to find out if Mr.Franklin has contacted you.If he has not, kindly inform me and if he has, kindly keep me posted so that i can proceed with further action.
Regards
James

Ufomadu (James) doesn't understand what I meant in my last message to the lawyer.

Quote:

Date: Jan 13, 2006 4:50 AM

Just send the letter and sign the signature the way you wish. I will access it from my system. I do not understand all this computer languages you are using

I think all this protocol is just waist of time, send the letter let me document it and proceed to the bank and apply officially for the release of your inheritance.

I will inform you of the next step as soon as I receive the letter.

I reply to James first.

Quote:

Date: Jan 13, 2006 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: KEEP ME POSTED ASAP

James,

I am well, as is my family. I have been in contact with Franklin for the past few days, and I have been preparing a letter which he asked me to write him. I will let you know when he accepts it.

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 13, 2006 2:45 PM

Mr. Franklin,

Attached is the letter. My public MetaKey is MK#:419A554013 (419 Asshole). Use this to decrypt the document.

- William
(I tried to attach a renamed video driver .dll but it doesn't seem to have worked. It was probably too big.)

Quote:

Date: Jan 14, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: CONSULTATION

ATTENTION MR. WILLIAM S. PRESTON,

Attached below is my consultation form. Before we can
proceed further you will have to consult my chamber
officially with a consultation fee of $500.

Fill the form and return back to me with the fee. Used
the name of my secretary and send the money through
western union money transfer.

Name of receiver: Lisa Green

As soon as you send the fee inform me of the MTCN and
other transfer information.
NOTE: The form should be submitted directly by you and
not by proxy.

(He attaches a form letter he wants me to fill out and scan.)

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 14, 2006 10:41 AM
Subject: Fwd: CONSULTATION

James,

The lawyer is asking for some fee. Please send it to him from the 5% you have set aside for expenses.

Thanks,
William

Quote:

Date: Jan 15, 2006 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: CONSULTATION

Dear William,

I don't understand why we should be at crossroads over
the issue of paying for such expenses as the lawyer's
fees.

That means that the contents of my first mail to you
were not properly digested by you.In that letter,i
vividly made it clear that you should provide the
requisite funding for minor expenses which would be
refunded to you upon completion of this transaction.

It was based on this premise that i volunteered to
part with the 75% which you insisted on.The minor
expenses incurred would be added to your 75% to make
it 80%.I know this might sound too good to be true to
you but the issue is i badly need this fund as i have
spent all my life savings trying to convert the status
of Andrea Schranner's account to your name and the
preparation of the required documents.If those
documents were not properly prepared by me on our
behalf then the attorney would have disputed your
claim and that would have brought our names to
disrepute.

The bottom line of all this sermon is that i have
tried my best but you have to move fast and make the
payment.After all, the fund in question is to be
transferred into your nominated account and the fund
would be at your disposal so you have the appropriate
authority to deduct your expenses with the
commensurate percentage accruable to your investment
in this fund transfer project.

Mr. Preston,i have not seen you in person neither do i
know if you are who you truly say you are but from our
correspondence in the past, i have developed absolute
confidence in your abilities.
Trust is very
essential.$33.5million is a whole lot of money.i think
i would better my life with 20% of it and i don't want
to lose it.So please see to the attorney's bill so
that we can conclude within reasonable time.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

My regards to your family,

James.

Quote:

Date: Jan 15, 2006 12:50 PM

James,

I'm sorry if I understood how the money would be broken down. If I am now to get 80%, then I will pay the lawyer his fee.

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 15, 2006 1:00 PM
Subject: Re: CONSULTATION

Mr. Franklin,

I have filled out and attached the form. Please tell me how I should pay you.

- William

<ATTACHMENT: CONSULTATION(1).jpg>
Yahoo! VirusScan - VIRUS DETECTED ... Attachment removed safely.
(Of course there was never any real attachment)

Quote:

Date: Jan 15, 2006 10:52 PM

Dear William,
Your mail was well recieved.You are having the extra 5% for the expenses to be incurred in course of the transaction.Have a nice day.
Regards,
James

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 16, 2006 12:25 AM
Subject: CONSULTATION FEE

You will send the money through western union money
transfer with the name of my secretary Mrs. Lisa
Green. Just use the information below and then send me
the MTCN. Also remember to send the money yourself and
return the form directly to me as I will not attend to
it if being return by proxy (another person).

Name of receiver: LISA GREEN (Why does that name seem familiar?)
Amount: $500

I will be expecting the form and the consultation fee
today.

Quote:

Date: Jan 16, 2006 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: CONSULTATION FEE

Mr. Franklin,

I sent you the form yesterday. Did you not receive it?

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 17, 2006 2:19 AM
Subject: CONSULTATION FEE

I did not recieve the form. Did you send it by fax or
through e-mail(SCANNED)?
I am still expecting the MTCN of the consultation fee
of $500.

Quote:

Date: Jan 17, 2006 3:01 AM
Subject: WHAT IS HAPPENING?- I AM WORRIED

Dear William,
I am at loss as to what is happening.Why are you keeping me in the dark as to recent happenings between you and Mr. Franklin.I am anxious to know how events are unfolding at the moment.Kindly get me posted asap so i can know what is happening please.
Regards
James

Quote:

Date: Jan 17, 2006 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: WHAT IS HAPPENING?- I AM WORRIED

I am just waiting on Mr. Franklin - I emailed him the letter two days ago, but he does not seem to have received it. He is very disorganized for an attorney. He also told me he doesn't know anything about digital signature verification hardware, which is a standard piece of computer equipment in all law offices. My doubts about his legitimacy remain. Please investigate this man further, as he doesn't seem competent enough to be a lawyer to me.

- William

BillSPrestonEsq
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Date: Jan 17, 2006 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: CONSULTATION FEE

Franklin,

I scanned it and sent it through email, as you were incompetent and unable to open a simple digitally encrypted signature file. Now you are telling me that you are too incompetent to open a simple image file.

I will not send you any money until I am assured of your legitimacy as a lawyer. You have provided nothing but mistakes in this matter.

I would like you to send me a picture of yourself, in full lawyers' robes. You must be holding up some sort of identification with MY name on it to prove you are who you say you are, as well as the front page of a legitimate newspaper to prove the date.

Without this proof of your identity, I will NOT proceed.

- William

Ufomadu has some demands of his own to make.

Quote:

Date: Jan 18, 2006 4:03 AM
Subject: Fwd: Re: CONSULTATION

Attention William S. Preston,

I have recieved enought insult from you. Don`t think that I am a fool because you attached the file and removed it. You can go through the mail you sent and you will see it boldly written on the Attachement: "attachment safely removed".

I don`t think I will even believe this your claim as Mr. Andreas would have informed you properly about my status when he passed my contact e-mail to you.

I demand you send a copy of your internation passport for proper Identification before I can even listen to you again.

I have also querried the bank to send me a comprehensive data about my late clients account so that I can send it to the specialist for analysis and verification how you came to be the next of kin as Mr. Andreas never mentioned about you to me, not even when he is passing on an account I solely supervised for him while he was alive.

you can come to my office in UK if you wish to know who I am. Or you can go to the list of Attorneys in London. (What is he talking about?)

+44-7040115596

Note: forwarded message attached.
(He attaches the message I sent him where the "virus" was "removed")

Quote:

Date: Jan 18, 2006 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: Re: CONSULTATION

Franklin,

The message says that Yahoo VirusScan removed the attachment, not me. Since you are the only one using Yahoo for email, I would think the problem is at your end. Again, if you had paid attention to detail, like a real lawyer would, you would realise this.

I do not have an international passport. I have never needed to travel outside of the United Kingdom.

I would like to visit your office to meet you. Please give me the address.

- William

Quote:

Date: Jan 18, 2006 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: Re: CONSULTATION

Attention William S. Preston,

Below is my office address. It was also written on the
consultation form.

Office Address: 88 Wood Street
London EC2V 7AJ
United Kingdom

I will be expecting to see you. I have also suspended
the project till I see you in person and present you
to the bank for the claim of your ineritance.

From the mail you sent, I think you tried sending me a
virus infected file and yahoo has to delete it. You
can try faxing it if you wish.

Barrister Ufomadu Franklin

I've had enough fun with the barrister. Time to tell James what's really going on.

Quote:

Date: Jan 18, 2006 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: WHAT IS HAPPENING?- I AM WORRIED

James,

I have realised something about Mr. Ufomadu - he is not who he says he is!

First of all, whenever I point out a small and obvious mistake in his mail that even a child could see, he becomes very defensive and does not provide a good explanation for his mistake, instead insulting me.

I was cleaning up my inbox and I came across a letter from that bank I was having trouble at. The person who I was supposed to pay at the bank is the SAME PERSON that Franklin wants me to pay. I think this LISA GREEN person is trying to steal our money, and impersonating the real Ufomadu or hiring somebody to.

This would explain the whole mess, why Ufomadu does not conduct himself in a lawyer-like fashion, why he does not have any knowledge of basic technology - he is not the real lawyer! He is actually Lisa Green from the bank, trying to steal our money.

I don't know what happened to Schranner's real lawyer, but I will try to figure it out. I knew something fishy was going on here, and now I've confirmed this. Don't worry, James. Our money is now safe because I have discovered Lisa Green is trying to scam us.

- William

That's what you get for not paying attention to detail, James.

To be continued...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic